All Aboard! (All things Railways). - Page 12 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #166
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: All Aboard! (All things Railways).

There have been a total of five conference cars in Sweden, two of 1940's design and three of 1980's design including this one. The two 1940's cars are gone since a number of years, but the three 1980's cars are still around. None of them are owned by the Swedish State Railways anymore though.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #167
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Well, my friends, some news to share from Sweden. On March 21st, MTR Express will begin running from Stockholm to Gothenburg, competing with SJ and the SkJb Blue Train. I have my round trip booked for the 22:nd since a week or so back. I haven't yet been inside the trains, but i love 'em already! Just look at it!

Now if that's not a badass looking train, i don't know what is!

But in a few weeks time, maybe a month or so, the Blue Train will expand with a new concept in the Swedish market. The "2,5" class, or Green Class as they call it. It will be cheaper than 2:nd class, and the passengers won't have access to the bar car or the dining car. Instead there will be a cart from which you can purchase while still in your seat. So it won't be as luxurious as 1:st or 2:nd class, but it won't be as bad as 3:rd class. The cars will be identifiable by their special dark green colour.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #168
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Is it owned by the MTR corporation of Hong Kong? Those trains looks so sweet!

How long does it takes to go from Stockholm to Gothenburg?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #169
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Is it owned by the MTR corporation of Hong Kong? Those trains looks so sweet!
Yes, indeed!

My only complaint is that they don't have a real dining car, just micro waves and some vending machines.

One problem i have with the company though is that they won't have any cash handling. Cards only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
How long does it takes to go from Stockholm to Gothenburg?
The schedule for MTR calls for 3h 19min. SJ is a bit faster, but that's just because they're cutting down on stops in order to gain passengers who might otherwise go to MTR.

The odd one in the bunch is the Blue Train. The owner wants the trains to take longer and for the journey to be "like a theatre" he says. I think they take around 4h. But i think that's worth it. I haven't yet tried them because i'd prefer to make a one day roundtrip, but they only have one train, and that departs Gothenburg for Stockholm/Uppsala in the morning, and back in the evening. But from what i've heard the service is perfect, the food is excellent, the staff is friendly, the mood in the bar is always cheerful, etc. All but one review i've read have been positive.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #170
Red Eagles!

Finally! After three months of waiting for one of two bogies i can finally show my corrected TKAB A7 1st class car.

Roof vents on only one end of the roof aswell as correct MD bogies.

And here, my friends, are my two new brown cars. I love this look actually.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #171
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Great!

Those brown cars looks very classy!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #172
Red Eagles!

Yeah, i love that look. The combination of yellow and brown is not my first choice of colours for a livery, but they manage to pull it of.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #173
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
On March 21st, MTR Express will begin running from Stockholm to Gothenburg
Wow! Looks smooth I envy you! Unfortunately where I live we have mostly 1980's passenger stock :/ The infamous 'Pacer' units. Having said that, they're home-grown at least unlike most of the modern stuff we seem to be getting from the US or Asia
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #174
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
Wow! Looks smooth I envy you! Unfortunately where I live we have mostly 1980's passenger stock :/ The infamous 'Pacer' units. Having said that, they're home-grown at least unlike most of the modern stuff we seem to be getting from the US or Asia
The pacers run smooth as ice for their age! Although I do prefer to be on a 156 when I travel newcastle-Carlisle. The pacers are leaving soon aparently though.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #175
Sympathy for the devil 😈

As from the end of 2015, Brussels will have a new network of sururban trains. It isn't the long awaited RER (Commuter Rail) yet but it's a first step towards its completion.

A new rail link will also connect the railway stations of Schuman and Luxemburg (the station in Brusseels, not the country/city) in the heart of the European institutions quarter with the Airport. The new tunnel under the runways; called Diabolo" now handles trains coming from Mechelen and Antwerp to the Airport. In the near future, all Eurocity and Thalys trains to Masterdam will staop at the airport. (Currently, the only Thalys that stops at the airport is the special Jet Airways train from Paris).

Below is a map of the future Sururban Railway
Attached Thumbnails
All Aboard! (All things Railways).-image.jpg  

Old 04-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #176
Red Eagles!

Quote:
It was smooth! I rode with them on the 22:nd, and i am very pleased. This is only my opinion, and i can't speak for all of their passengers so far, but i think the trains were very comfortable, and the crew was very friendly. I would like to see them expand their Café options to include some hot meals though. They offer plenty of drinks, even champagne, a few snacks, and sandwiches.

There was one thing about the trains that bothered me though. I don't know for sure what it was that caused it, but there were some really loud bangs every now and then. I think it was the lavatory vacuum system, but i don't know.

But i will ride with them again for sure. Plus, i know someone who works with Stadler aswell as someone who works with MTR, so... If i play my cards right, i might just be able to get a cab ride.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #177
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
The pacers run smooth as ice for their age! Although I do prefer to be on a 156 when I travel newcastle-Carlisle. The pacers are leaving soon aparently though.
They could be worse I admit I really don't get the overblown angle of the PC brigade on how dreadful they are. But at the end of the day, they really are not ideal for the services they are sometimes - often - used on. We don't see any 150's or 156's over here in South Yorkshire any more unfortunately, I believe they all went across the Pennines to the NW division of Northern Rail. The 158's continue to be my preferred ride

On another note, I finally got round to finishing the Class 60 I purchased back in December to the standard I wanted. It was originally 60002 in BR Petrol Sector livery, but I altered this and after some renumbering, new nameplates and weathering it has become 60054 'Charles Babbage'. I remember seeing the real loco at Barnetby back in 2003, still wearing the defunct Petrol Sector scheme despite being under EWS ownership. I've presented it here with my other 60's - 60001, 60044 and 60099 for your critique I still have to eliminate the '002' nose numbers before anyone notices!

For those unfamiliar with the BR Class 60, it was the last diesel locomotive to be produced under nationalisation in the late 1980's/early 1990's. Unbelievably - and in a damning indictment of privatisation - they are the last diesel locomotives to have been designed and built in Britain to the present day. Since then, everything has been imported

Last edited by bskc8th; 04-04-2015 at 09:21 AM.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #178
Red Eagles!

My fleet of brown cars has expanded once again with the addition of three new cars to my passenger fleet, including one mail boxcar.

I may change the roof on the middle car as it's both too light in colour, and it's got the incorrect number of vents. Everything else, as far as i can see, is just right.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #179
Red Eagles!

My TKAB fleet has today been expanded by one car, a new sleeping car this time. The very same type of car i travelled in to Luleĺ in 2013. A WL6.

It's a custom rebuilt car and as such is not available ready to run. IIRC i placed my order in December or January.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #180
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Love this shot,she looks 'abandoned and forgotten'....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
railways, train simulator 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: