All Aboard! (All things Railways). - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #136
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: All Aboard! (All things Railways).

Alright, one little teaser it is!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #137
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Wow! It looks very detailled! Do you have the web adress of that guy?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:43 PM   #138
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor

I must say I am very impressed, if that photo is anything to go by it looks like you've got yourself a finescale model!

Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #139
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Wingslover: Sure do!

Model Trains For Sale Online - Radley Models

They sell kits, but do offer to build them at an extra cost. This however was a special order for a repainted EFE model, which they also sell.

777-200ER: Not 100% sure what you mean by finescale.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #140
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor

Finescale is like the 'finest' models you can get. Many of them are detailed by the modeller. These are better than the ones you get off the shelf. You are very lucky to have one of these beautiful models!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #141
Red Eagles!

Ah, ok. Well, he did replace all the grabirons that were moulded on the body, and he also added... I think it's emergency door openers. Atleast that's how i understood the description.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #142
Red Eagles!

The catch of the day. The Blue Train with a not so blue locomotive.

Due to a compressor failure they had to borrow power from Green Cargo. I also filmed the departure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJeK9LXAVE
Old 01-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #143
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

The TRAXX locs rules!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #144
RJ Captain

Nice pic, the locomotive reminds me very much of our class 90s back over here.
I got back on train simulator today, took a couple of quick shots.
All Aboard! (All things Railways).-screenshot_the-isle-wight_50.69653-1.18279_12-15-49.jpg

All Aboard! (All things Railways).-screenshot_the-woodhead-line_53.47443-2.11449_11-45-54.jpg
Old 01-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #145
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
The TRAXX locs rules!
Well, not these ones. Green Cargo has had a lot of problems with them and are not at all pleased with them. I know that at least one has caught fire, and i think that was because of an electrical fault or something. As a matter of fact i am pretty sure that the only reason why they are keeping them is because they were too quick in selling and scrapping the equipment that came with the purchase of TGOJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
Nice pic, the locomotive reminds me very much of our class 90s back over here.
Thanks.
You've got some nice pics too. What sim is that?
Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #146
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Well, not these ones. Green Cargo has had a lot of problems with them and are not at all pleased with them. I know that at least one has caught fire, and i think that was because of an electrical fault or something. As a matter of fact i am pretty sure that the only reason why they are keeping them is because they were too quick in selling and scrapping the equipment that came with the purchase of TGOJ.
That sucks

The only TRAXX locs in Belgium are operated in partnership with the Netherlands railways for the intercity trains between Brussels and Amsterdam under the brand name FYRA (replacing the Ansaldo Breda trains which were operated only 3 months due to many technican problems). I haven't read or heard bad comments on these locs. However, we have a lot of problems with Desiro trains.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #147
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Here's a Wikipedia article about those Ansaldo Breda trains:
Quote:
The Fyra has a poor reputation for reliability. After a month of operations more than 5% of all trains were cancelled and less than 45% of them ran on schedule.[5] In the middle of January 2013 further problems arose: 3 trains were damaged because of ice (among other technical problems). Further commercial service was even forbidden by the Belgian rail safety regulator. This led to several complaints from user associations and tourist information services. Both Dutch and Belgian parliament are planning to start hearings about the problems.[6]

The continuous problems with Fyra have caused public outcry in both Belgium and the Netherlands, including accusations in the Belgian and Dutch media that only financial considerations were behind the decision to purchase V250 trains from AnsaldoBreda. Initially the maximum speed requirements were fixed at 220 km/h, which would have reduced the purchase cost per seat drastically. However, after comparing offers by Alstom (manufacturers of the French TGV) and Siemens (who manufacture the German ICE trains) with that of AnsaldoBreda, it transpired that the Italian producer was able to offer a cheaper train with a higher speed of 250 km/h, which ultimately gave the Italian company the edge. The V250's failure in December 2012 and its ultimate withdrawal from service have spawned several Dutch-language nicknames, such as "Spaghetti-boemel" (spaghetti slow train, refers to the train's paintjob) and "ALDI-trein" (ALDI-train). ALDI is a German discount supermarket chain with multiple branches in both Belgium and the Netherlands. The association of Fyra with its brand name triggered protests from ALDI management.[7]

End of service[edit]
On 31 May 2013, NMBS/SNCB announced that they would exit the Fyra project and cancel the contract with AnsaldoBreda.[8] on the basis of technical issues which remained unresolved during the contractual period of three months. NMBS/SNCB further noted that the late delivery alone would be sufficient reason to annul the contract.[citation needed] In a press conference Marc Descheemaecker, CEO of NMBS/SNCB illustrated his arguments; a metallic strip affixed to the roof had come undone on a moving train and had bent upwards towards the overhead cables, a potentially dangerous situation. Rust was found on an axle of a nearly new train which could lead to premature breakage. Other areas were also badly affected by stray current corrosion blamed on inconsistent assembly. In all there were 26 top issues which needed resolving. The problems were confirmed by reports from external partners Mott MacDonald (commissioned by NMBS/SNCB and NS) and Concept Risk (commissioned by NMBS/SNCB). Engineers of NS also subjected two partial trains to a standardised test, known as a stofkam analyse (English: fine-toothed comb test) in which they respectively scored 1157 and 2019 penalty points. The usual limit for approval of a train is 10 points. Although all problems are theoretically resolvable it is estimated this would take at least 17 months and the sheer number of issues would prohibit a practical inspection regime. Additionally, the lengthy repair scenario was considered risky due to the poor financial situation of the manufacturer. Which a report of Ernst & Young illustrated with a solvency of -47.5% and low credit ratings for its parent company Finmeccanica.[9]

On 3 June 2013 NS also announced that the V250 is no longer considered a viable option.[10] The decision was confirmed four days later by the Dutch government, and NS was given until October to come up with a new plan to utilise HSL-Zuid.[11]

The failure has also led to a parliamentary investigation into the project in the Netherlands. In Belgium the justice department was asked to investigate the public procurement procedure and the Court of Audit will be asked to investigate the project.[12][13]

In a press conference on 6 June, AnsaldoBreda dismissed the reports as "baseless and unfounded", and claimed that all problems result from improper usage.[14] Two legal attempts by AnsaldoBreda to obtain information from the reports have been rejected by the Dutch courts.[15]

NMBS/SNCB filed compensation claims of 40 million Euros against AnsaldoBreda in September 2013 seeking from the court to reclaim cash paid in advance for three trains that it had never accepted.[16] AnsaldoBreda filed a lawsuit in the Netherlands in October against NS seeking payment for the seven trains not accepted by NS as well as damages for alleged breach of contract.[17] NS filed a claim on 25 September against Finmeccanica seeking reimbursement for the trains it wants to return to AnsaldoBreda as well as compensation and damages.[18]

On 17 March 2014 NS announced a settlement with AnsaldoBreda had been reached. The 9 NS trains will be returned to AnsaldoBreda for a refund of 125 Million Euro, 88 Million Euro less than originally paid. NS will receive an additional compensation for each resold unit to a maximum of 21 Million Euro.[19]

Old 01-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #148
RJ Captain

Quote:

Thanks.
You've got some nice pics too. What sim is that?
Thanks, those pics were taken in Train simulator 2015 by dovetail games, also known as Railworks 6.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #149
Red Eagles!

Quote:
That sucks
Actually, that makes me laugh. I love one of the locomotive types that these helped replace. Those locos, the so called Ma (or Emma by some people), had an unbelievable reliability record and were loved by most drivers. They've been around for some time though, and that's the main reason for them being replaced. No available spare parts.

Quote:
The only TRAXX locs in Belgium are operated in partnership with the Netherlands railways for the intercity trains between Brussels and Amsterdam under the brand name FYRA (replacing the Ansaldo Breda trains which were operated only 3 months due to many technican problems). I haven't read or heard bad comments on these locs. However, we have a lot of problems with Desiro trains.
Those actually look pretty good! The NS blue and yellow Traxx locos.
I have read about the FYRA problems too. It's a shame they didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
Thanks, those pics were taken in Train simulator 2015 by dovetail games, also known as Railworks 6.
Oh, really? The graphics look... Different from what i've seen in Railworks.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:35 PM   #150
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Actually, that makes me laugh. I love one of the locomotive types that these helped replace. Those locos, the so called Ma (or Emma by some people), had an unbelievable reliability record and were loved by most drivers. They've been around for some time though, and that's the main reason for them being replaced. No available spare parts.
That sucks even more

Quote:
Those actually look pretty good! The NS blue and yellow Traxx locos.
I have read about the FYRA problems too. It's a shame they didn't work.
Those TRAXX locs aren't in NS colors as it's a partnership between SNCB/NMBS and NS. Those locos are painted in a red FYRA or a plain grey/green livery.

About the FYRA problems, it's not a too big problem for the Belgian railways because they disn't spend a lot yet for those trains. For NS however...

For the "Brussels - Antwerp - Rotterdam - Schiphol - Amsterdam" section we can still use the old Eurocity (which also stops at Mechelen en Den Haag) or the fast and reliable Thalys.

Tags
railways, train simulator 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: