Wings900 Member Notice - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
First Officer

WestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast icon
Wings900 Member Notice

To all Wings900 members,

As the majority of you will have noticed, there has been a recent influx in the number of hostile and derogatory posts in the Wings900 forum, stemming from newly created accounts. The moderators of Wings900 are well aware of the issue, and this message is on behalf of the team.

We request that members do not respond to posts that are obviously negative in nature. If you believe the post was written by a hostile/spam account, report it through the reporting tool on the left hand side of every post. By responding to the post, you complicate the clean-up job for the moderation team, and add fuel to the fire.

Instead of getting into arguments or fuelling conflict, please focus on posting high quality content that adds to the value of the Wings900 forum.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #2
First Officer

john.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radar
Re: Wings900 Member Notice

"report it through the reporting tool" useful having this tool but in my experience I have NEVER yet received a reply !!!
john.r.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
First Officer

WestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.r.smith View Post
"report it through the reporting tool" useful having this tool but in my experience I have NEVER yet received a reply !!!
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that you have reported posts and that nothing has been done by a moderator in response to that?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
First Officer

john.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radar

I continually get a same model request Herpa British Airways Boeing 747-400 from a banned/removed member Something like "rbinatha" approximately 20-30 requests all at the same time about once a month, the most recent being approx. 10 days ago, several times I have asked for an explanation why I am getting these when this individual is allegedly banned, but no reply !!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Believe me, they do read them. Sometimes the action they'll take is to monitor the situation and make sure it doesn't get too out of control if it is something relatively minor. If they determine it does, or is well on the way to do so, then action is taken.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

They indeed read it. I used to report many actions of El_Capitan and I always got an answer by pm the same day

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #7
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

WestjetGuy.....Since "the moderators" have voted you as their spokesman can you let us know when the database is going to be updated on a regular basis? It is currently months behind? Also why is that "the moderators" seem so distant here and rarely answer or correct any issues that occur?
cameraman1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
First Officer

Looks like I am not the only one who get the silent treatment then !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1031 View Post
WestjetGuy.....Since "the moderators" have voted you as their spokesman can you let us know when the database is going to be updated on a regular basis? It is currently months behind? Also why is that "the moderators" seem so distant here and rarely answer or correct any issues that occur?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #9
First Officer

Quote:
I continually get a same model request Herpa British Airways Boeing 747-400 from a banned/removed member Something like "rbinatha" approximately 20-30 requests all at the same time about once a month, the most recent being approx. 10 days ago, several times I have asked for an explanation why I am getting these when this individual is allegedly banned, but no reply !!
Hi there. I've looked into your case a bit. I can't find the member you've mentioned on either the current or banned member list. Could you please PM me, and I'll see if I can help you out with the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Believe me, they do read them. Sometimes the action they'll take is to monitor the situation and make sure it doesn't get too out of control if it is something relatively minor. If they determine it does, or is well on the way to do so, then action is taken.
Correct. For every reported post, it is set up so that an email will be sent to me immediately with the details of the report. From there we can act as we best see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
They indeed read it. I used to report many actions of El_Capitan and I always got an answer by pm the same day
Indeed we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1031 View Post
I'm curious why you insist on adding quotation marks when referring to the moderator team. Regarding the database issue, I'll pass the message on to the appropriate parties. The database fix isn't a simple issue, although I acknowledge the frustration that you (and many other) members hold. And rest assured, we're here. Moderators such as furryforest, Charter, mmu69, myself, etc. regularly post and visit Wings900, and are always on the watch for any problems. The majority of the problems are actually fixed quite quickly if reported, on more than one occasion I've attempted to respond to a report only to realize that it has already been dealt with. If you have any current issues, I (and the moderator team) would be happy to address them.

Quote:
Looks like I am not the only one who get the silent treatment then !!
See the above.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #10
HUGE BOAC FAN!!

robertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast icon

And rest assured, we're here. Moderators such as furryforest, Charter, mmu69, myself, etc. regularly post and visit Wings900, and are always on the watch for any problems.

well nice to see at least 4 mods on here!!! any chance somebody could appoint some mods over on DAC?????? not a single one over there, and its getting ridiculous!!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #11
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

WestjetGuy......If your information is true then where is Lou and the folks that are updating the database? It hasn't been updated in months.
cameraman1031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: