The Ace of Aces - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
RJ Second Officer

pampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributorpampa14 is a good contributor
The Ace of Aces

I share with you this article with an extensive report and photos about the greatest ace of WW2, the German pilot Erich Hartmann:

Aviação em Floripa: Erich Hartmann: o Ás dos Ases

Hope you enjoy and I count on your visit!
pampa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #2
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby
Re: The Ace of Aces

Another gem - thank you pampa14.

Hartmann and a lot of those German ace's scores were inflated massively by the first few weeks of Barbarossa when the Soviet air force was floundering. It depends also on the system of scoring; the Americans for example count aircraft destroyed on the ground as a kill whereas other air forces do not. Do we know if the Luftwaffe used this same system?

Please keep sharing these amazing articles!
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Another great article. Thanks for sharing. The Luftwaffe had some amazing pilots and from any reading I have ever done, were often of the old school approach to the enemy

Old 10-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Earning My Wings

zarajowett is flying under the radar

very nice article.. with immense knowledge.. i enjoyed reading it..
online craps

online craps

Last edited by zarajowett; 10-09-2014 at 02:24 AM.
zarajowett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Another great article. Thanks for sharing. The Luftwaffe had some amazing pilots and from any reading I have ever done, were often of the old school approach to the enemy
Germans were during 1940's ahead of all other nations in therm of Military Training and Technology...they just had an idiotic leader who started a war with entire world... but if you look at thir achiecments only by judging on Technology and skills you have to admit they were ahead of all others... while Brits best plane was spitfire Germans had designed planes like ME 262 or Ho 229 ...also in rocket science they were probally 10-20 years ahead of rest of world..both superpowers space Programm wouldn't be so fast without German scientists like VON BRAUN.... also German pilots were lot better trained than the rest ...but with idiot leaders which believed they would be able to rule the world or crap like superious race, German leaders like Hitler and Goering ruined Germany...... the Country could have taken another road if they would have a wise leader, which would use those talents for a smart developments instead of attacking lot of countries....lot of german Generals already were angry at Hitler since they knew starting simultaneously wars in UK,France,Russia,USA,North africa, east Europe etc would be idiotic, but it seems that in a dictatorship nobody has a Chance to criticize the leaders
aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
First Officer

aligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributoraligator is a good contributor

Germans were during 1940's ahead of all other nations in therm of Military Training and Technology...they just had an idiotic leader who started a war with entire world... but if you look at thir achiecments only by judging on Technology and skills you have to admit they were ahead of all others... while Brits best plane was spitfire Germans had designed planes like ME 262 or Ho 229 ...also in rocket science they were probally 10-20 years ahead of rest of world..both superpowers space Programm wouldn't be so fast after WW2 without German scientists like VON BRAUN.... also German pilots were lot better trained than the rest ...but with idiot leaders which believed they would be able to rule the world or crap like superious race, German leaders like Hitler and Goering ruined Germany...... the Country could have taken another road if they would have a wise leader, which would use those talents for a smart developments instead of attacking lot of countries....lot of german Generals already were angry at Hitler since they knew starting simultaneously wars in UK,France,Russia,USA,North africa, east Europe etc would be idiotic, but it seems that in a dictatorship nobody has a Chance to criticize the leaders
Old 10-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligator View Post
Germans were during 1940's ahead of all other nations in therm of Military Training and Technology...they just had an idiotic leader who started a war with entire world
A lot of what you say is true...it's a shame so much advanced technology was put to killing rather than peaceful means. I've read accounts by Me262 pilots who claimed their greatest fear was to encounter RAF Tempests as the piston-engined fighter had a higher diving speed than their jets; plus the 262's had notoriously unreliable engines. By the end of the war their expected lifetime use was just 4 hours before they needed scrapping or rebuilding!

I suppose we should thank God the Nazis never had the chance to build more of their superb weaponry.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
A lot of what you say is true...it's a shame so much advanced technology was put to killing rather than peaceful means. I've read accounts by Me262 pilots who claimed their greatest fear was to encounter RAF Tempests as the piston-engined fighter had a higher diving speed than their jets; plus the 262's had notoriously unreliable engines. By the end of the war their expected lifetime use was just 4 hours before they needed scrapping or rebuilding!

I suppose we should thank God the Nazis never had the chance to build more of their superb weaponry.
I think that is the nature of a dictatorship, once an elite have too much control, they start to do decisions only for themselves but not any more in favor of the population... I mean NAZI's forced great brains like Einstein to leave the Country instead of using that knowledge for developing a healthy ecconomy...and this should be warning to today Generations..since the end of of second war we also see a weakening of Democracy and a strong Lobbying in some western parlaments specially in USA and UK by defence,energy and finance sector...they start wars,invade other countries or do Regime changes or even Support fanatic Groups to use them for geostrategical targets ,they bail out Banks without caring about Population, they print Money to make a rich minority have more wealth in stocks, while simple People have to fight hard to survive daily life etc.... this Needs to be stopped,else the future for the average People would not be that fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: