Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #61
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

Well, we've got another Scale600 member onboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #62
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Well, we've got another Scale600 member onboard.
Did you make a post on DAC?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #63
Second Officer

UA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobby

What are the chances of Mas Media selling the domain and forums back to someone else and what are the chances of hobbydb selling the collection again? And what numbers are we looking at in terms of money?

Old 07-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #64
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
So under 30 members want the previous owners back that's a pretty small number. Hahahahaha
You need to seriously grow up... I know you love attention but you're being ridiculous now. There's probably 30 "vets" still around. What you don't get. The "new" owners ran a lot of people off. A lot of good people. A lot of veterans to the site. This isn't just some small issue anybody can fix. It's a big problem. This site will never run like it did before those monkeys came in to "fix" it.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #65
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post
...and the database is a disaster of errors and omissions..
Excuse me for speaking up... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT...?

Several volunteers give their time and effort to keep the database up to date around here. Personally I upload new photos every day, have letters of agreement from many manufactures to use their New Releases info and data on the site, and... there are a couple of other volunteers looking after the other scales. Recently another member has become a database volunteer to help with the Military model section.

A great many disasters and omissions occured while you Todd... owned the site. I often spend spare hours going through the database fixing problems such as "wrong Engines listed, Wrong Airline codes listed, Wrong Manufacturers listed, Wrong Registration Numbers on models, Wrong scale, wrong Part Numbers*..." it's sometimes seems endless the mistakes around here...

I'd like to throw in an analogy example here...
You own a car and you spend lots of effort and time fixing it up and putting all the bells and whistles on it... then someone comes along and offers you alot of money and promises you he'll look after it better than you...
You sell to him and then find out his plans are to strip the car bare and start over again...
You now want your car back...
But... you don't own the car anymore, you sold it... you got the $$$ Money $$$ for it and you no longer have any say over it.
So... Grow some and move on...
How would any member here feel if they bought a car, or house and the previous owners still wanted a say in how to run it or decorate it..? Would YOU allow them..?
I suspect you would tell them to sod off, get out of my face, it's not your car or house anymore...

As far as Todd threatening to 'spill the beans' on what went on in the sale to HobbyDB... go on.. tell us all. We're all listening. And.. it may actually help in the long run to either save... or.. distroy this site once and for all...

So the ball is in your court Flight Director... Todd... so hit that ball good and hard and share with the Wings members all that went on in the sale of the Century...

Lou

* The Part Numbers are a HUGE problem on Wings900 / DA.C in that often on Phoenix Models, JC Wings, Flightline, Hogan and several others, the American Distribution Number is listed, and NOT the actual Manufactures Part Number. Pretty much all of Phoenix Models pre-2013 has this mistake along with so many others. Mistakes hey...? Sure are...!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #66
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
You need to seriously grow up... I know you love attention but you're being ridiculous now. There's probably 30 "vets" still around. What you don't get. The "new" owners ran a lot of people off. A lot of good people. A lot of veterans to the site. This isn't just some small issue anybody can fix. It's a big problem. This site will never run like it did before those monkeys came in to "fix" it.
Quit your bitchin already.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #67
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Post Re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
Excuse me for speaking up... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT...?

Several volunteers give their time and effort to keep the database up to date around here. Personally I upload new photos every day, have letters of agreement from many manufactures to use their New Releases info and data on the site, and... there are a couple of other volunteers looking after the other scales. Recently another member is becomming a volunteer to help with the Military model section.

A great many disasters and omissions occured while you Todd... owned the site. I often spend spare hours going through the database fixing problems such as "wrong Engines listed, Wrong Airline codes listed, Wrong Manufacturers listed, Wrong Registration Numbers on models, Wrong scale" it's sometimes seems endless the mistakes around here...

I'd like to throw in an analogy example here...
You own a car and you spend lots of effort and time fixing it up and putting all the bells and whistles on it... then someone comes along and offers you alot of money and promises you he'll look after it better than you...
You sell to him and then find out his plans are to strip the car bare and start over again...
You now what your car back...
But... you don't own the car anymore, you sold it... you got the $$$ Money $$$ for it and you no longer have any say over it.
Grow up Todd, move on...
How would any member here feel if they bought a car, or house and the previous owners still wanted a say in how to run it or decorate it..? Would YOU allow them..?
I suspect you would them them to sod off, get out of my face, it's not your car or house anymore...

As far as Todd threatening to 'spill the beans' on what went on in the sale to HobbyDB... go on.. tell us all. We're all listening. And.. it may actually help in the long run to either save... or.. distroy this site once and for all...

So the ball is in your court Flight Director... Todd... so hit that ball good and hard and share with the Wings members all that went on in the sale of the Century...

Lou
Thank-you!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #68
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I'm not understanding anything. Really. But i also don't care about all these speeches.
Just a thing: a serious database can't exist without airlines logos before each model, and a serious site can't exist without the profiles for each member.
Just give me a serious site where i can post my tons of photos and i will be happy and i will make you happy!
I think that everyone can have his opinion about the old, current, future owners, because it seems that here there are people knowing well the old owners and want them, people knowing well the current owners and they want them...i don't care, i don't know nobody of the owners in person, i don't have dealings with them, i just want someone serious with a lot of passion that can drive Wings900 towards a great future fixiing some problems we all know.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #69
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

Funny Lou... A few days ago you said you were getting fed up with the new management. And i warned you that you are working for them for free...
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #70
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

It's not that funny, it is annoying how the current owners stand back and don't answer general concerns of the members. Tho you seem not to understand what being a volunteer is either. A volunteer is someone who gives their time freely to an organisation or company willingly.

You said that I'm working for him for free and getting nothing out of it. That's not true. I'm getting alot out of being involved on Wings900 / DA.C . What I do is of great help to ALL who use this site. Can you tell me even one member who does NOT benefit from my Input to the database?

It's irrelevant whether the current owner benefits from what I'm doing. All that is relevant is that the members and daily users find my input worthwhile. I have also gotten great knowledge from being involved on the database. Plus my memory abilities have greatly improved too... from memorising all those ID and part numbers!

Also... does that mean that all the volunteers who worked on this site previously were paid..? Then they wern't volunteers...

Finally, Charter, you bring up some important concerns, and even tho I doubt that the logos will come back anytime soon or otherwise, work has been progressing on suitable Airline names appearing where the logos once where.

Cheers Lou
Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #71
banned

Lou come on. When i and two others owned the sites it was because we were all in the hobby together along with the users. No one was paid including the owners.

Now it is a business. You volunteering is exactly what they want. They are a business and they have paid positions, so why dont you have a salary? Once the new hobbydb is ready they will take all your hard work and put it on their site so they can profit off of your volunteer time.

Re airline names vs logos... A 2 second fix. If anyone had half a brain they could fix it. Dont BS everyone with ideas of "suitable" solutions. The solution is staring them in the face but they dont give a ***** about it, going on 2 years now.

You seem to want to prop them up, how on earth have they helped anyone in the past 2-3 years? Nothing they have done crap. Do if you and you so called band of 30 brothers want to continue to feeds their money making machine then go right ahead. At least im standing upnfor something that is a community and willing to help get this place back to where it once was
Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #72
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,

Finally, Charter, you bring up some important concerns, and even tho I doubt that the logos will come back anytime soon or otherwise, work has been progressing on suitable Airline names appearing where the logos once where.

Cheers Lou
It is something. I really hope.
What about the missing members profiles?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #73
Wings900 Team Member

G'day Flight Director,

Fine... I will take you up on your offer... teach me how to fix the database and associated problems. I'm happy to do the hard yards and talk to Christian and company and get inside the database and programmes. But.. I will need your help to teach me how and what to do.

In case you say "NO"... remember you have stated (even in this very thread) that no-one from the current company has ever asked you... Well... I'm asking. I don't even represent the "company" I'm just a volunteer who cares deeply for this organisation and will do anything to help our members. Will you share that information with me...?

Lou
Old 07-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #74
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post
Now it is a business. You volunteering is exactly what they want. They are a business and they have paid positions, so why dont you have a salary? Once the new hobbydb is ready they will take all your hard work and put it on their site so they can profit off of your volunteer time.
I agree, it's a shame. Obviously they don't care about the hobby, they just want the database to have everything in it so that people can click the 'Sell Now' button and pay HobbyDB commission when they sell their model to another collector. Lou won't get a cent.

@Lou, I know you're helping people which I appreciate, but you're helping this business too which is unfair considering you're 'volunteering'. I'm guessing that's why nobody else is doing it? The least they could do is donate some money to charity on your behalf if they're profiting? Or even send you a model aircraft every now and again...

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #75
Wings900 Team Member

G'day,

Clearly alot of people don't understand what a volunteer is... Now I am also a volunteer in other things besides on Wings / DA.C... For several years now I have been Volunteer coordinator at a Melbourne Television Station. It is a Company limited and there are people employed at the TV station... on wages no less...!

I volunteer there as previously mentioned... I'm a volunteers' coordinator. I coordinate alot of students from universities and Secondary colleges to do unpaid work at the station, mainly behind the scenes and in the studio. ALL of us are unpaid, but do it to gain experience and a toe-hold in the entertainment industry. I work in television, so for me, I'm giving back my time and experience so others may get a similar chance to do what I have done. I'm also a manager of a video production company and until recently I was President of a media communications Company. Tho I was voted out of that by the shareholders last November (2013).

Just to make things clear here... I enjoy volunteering! I help other money making companies by volunteering with them too! I do my volunteering for free and... I enjoy it... there... I shouted that from the rooftops!

Lou
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: