Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #31
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
There's a huge difference between knowing how to run a website professionally and running a website because you like that hobby.
Of course, i agree, but you can be a wizard of the informatics and websites but if you hate airplanes and models or you don't care about collecting airplanes or spotting or airport dioramas and you buy Wings900 just to gain money, you will leave the forum to itself and to the members and the forum will work or not; if you buy Wings900 and you have passion for collecting, airplanes, spotting, etc. the forum will work much better because you have an edge over...your passion and your love!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #32
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post
If that doesn't work, then you guys can all pack up and go to another forum and build a new community. There are alternative sites with good databases, and their forums need people with heart and soul...
You'll have to excuse my ignorance here, but if this action doesn't work, then how feasible is it to start from scratch? Is it doable and would you be interested?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #33
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Leonardo da Vinci said: " when you create things you have to take care of the details, but it is also important to put your heart on them!"

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #34
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Alright, atleast two members over at Scale600 have signed the petition, hopefully more will come.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #35
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor

Just to let everyone know 19 people have signed the petition. Thanks Oskar for sharing the link.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DELTA A321!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #36
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

No problem, mate.* I want the previous owners back as much as anyone else. I want things back the way they were, when all members were happy with the owners, the moderators, the database... Everything.

*I'm sorry, i'm terrible with names, and honestly i'm not even sure i've seen yours.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #37
The Dark Side

Twenty...good luck to Wings900 and all of us.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #38
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

If you get 35 members to sign the petition that'll convince the previous owners to want to come back and for the new owner to sell the site back to them
Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #39
Red Eagles!

Two more signatures from Scale600! How does it look on the DAC front?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #40
The Dark Side

Flight Directooooooor......
I signed but i would like some answers!!!

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #41
Planes Maniac ;-)

OD-ZIAD is flying under the radarOD-ZIAD is flying under the radar

a Question: why wings900, DAC, Scale600 or any other aviation forums cant merge into ONE big organized well developed site for all aviation lovers

guess if all experiences of those sites come under one place...things might be better
Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #42
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Flight Directooooooor......
I signed but i would like some answers!!!
Answers to what questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD-ZIAD View Post
a Question: why wings900, DAC, Scale600 or any other aviation forums cant merge into ONE big organized well developed site for all aviation lovers

guess if all experiences of those sites come under one place...things might be better
Thats like trying to merge 3 towns into one. You've got 3 distinct user populations (s6 is primarily european w/many posts in german), merging them wouldn't be fun.

Waffles DiMA site is waiting for users, so if you guys boycott here, go move over there (www.diecastmodelaircraft.com) and recruit people from all the sites. The site is still young and has yet to form a "persona" if you will. Thats really the next forum waiting to take off.

Martingale (Now HobbyDB) original plan (after they told us "nothing would change") was to actually destroy the sites and merge all the forums into one massive community of not only airplane collectors, but toy, truck, car etc.. their original vision was that you wanted to be able to see that if you asked for it. All the domain names they purchased, including this site, DAC and Scale600 would just redirect to their massive site. They figured the $$ was at a giant community and forums were the place to get those communities. We told them that was a stupid idea, and merging communities was a big no no. Of course they couldn't even get Toycollector.com off the ground, which oddly enough was an earlier attempt at HobbyDB but more centered around buying/selling, it failed, they lost money, and then they said that "forums were on the decline"! Sold the forums and domain names to MasMedia because the database and collection and making money off of buying and trading would be where the money is... Move from the UK to the US and try to get more investors to buy in on the grand vision.. 5+ years and they still dont' have a working prototype and have burned millions of dollars.

should I tell more?

Last edited by Flight Director; 07-24-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #43
The Dark Side

Quote:
I have a problem to understand the meaning of the word "petition". I thought it was something to say:
"hey, whoever is the owner of Wings900, we know you gain money with this great site but, please, now it is time to fix some important things:
1) airlines logo on the database (fundamental to recognize the models we're seaching for);
2) missing profiles of some members (there are members who joined Wings900 many years ago without a profile...not fair);
3) update the community list (important to know who still is a member for sell/buy the models).
Personally i don't care who is the owner: i don't know the old owners, i don't know the new owners and i will not know the future owners, unless i buy Wings900.
Sign a petition to ask the old owner to buy Wings900 is not what i want and i think is not correct because:
1) i don't know if the old owners want to buy Wings900 again;
2) i don't know if the new owners want to sell Wings900 to the old owners;
3) i don't know what there is behind the ownership of a site like Wings900;
4) i don't know if the current owners are gaining enough money to solve the three problems i listed;
5) i don't think the current owners will change their policy just because we sign a petition and i don't think they will fix the problems just because we say "we want the old owners!";
6) if the current owners will not fix the problems we must ask why:
6a) they don't want because they don't care;
6b) they don't gain enough money to fix the problems;
6c) they are not able to fix them for incompetence.
If the reasons are 6b) and 6C) we should try to talk with them and find a solution all together to have a better Wings900; if the reason is the 6C) then we must do everything to find a solution and in this case we can be more effective, for example a kind of strike of 5 days...for 5 days no members connected, or ask an help from outside (possible new owners, etc. etc.).
But, at present time, who knows how the situation is? Any of you know that the current owners don't care about the site? I publicly ask to the current owners why they don't fix the three problems i listed and i would like an honest answer: if the answer is that they really don't care too much about Wings900, the bible of collecting, i'm ready to leave the site.
Quote:
I think that all members are the same, but as member who spend a lot of time in the pleasure of living Wings900 and contributing to improve the forum with photos, threads and posts i would like an answer to what i have written and asked directly from Flight Director. First of all many thanks to him because he seems the only "owner" to "put his face" in this important speech, second i would like some short answers to my questions. I repeat: i did not know the old owners of the site (maybe i met one of them in Dusseldorf many years ago but he seemed very far from us "simple" members - and there wasn't just me, but also Dragan, Michael, Lorenzo, etc.) and i did not know the current ones, but i can say that the site is working worde with the new owners. In the last year/months Wings900 is working just because of the great passion of the members and, about the 1:500 database, for example, thanks to some great administrators. Wings900 is working and living just because there are members who regularly share their passion for modeling, spotting and building dioramas, with thousands of photos, comments, suggestions, threads...and, why not, also because of the presence of some "black sheeps" that with their sarcasm (that must be always polite and never personally offensive) help to make it alive!
So, my questions are:
- in my opinion also the owners of the site must have the passion for this hobby, otherwise everything falls into oblivion, and they should participate to the discussions;
- the current owners really don't care about the site?
- Flight Director and other people, do you really want to take over the site and improve it?
- Are you able to find solution at the three most important problems (airlines logo, membership profiles, updating the community list for the buy/sell/trade activity)?
The questions i wrote in these posts, about the current owners and about the possibility to fix the main problems.
I signed the petition but i would like to know more about what is happening.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #44
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

Charter, here you go:

Wings900/DAC/Scale600 are owned by 2 entities
Database and collection system owend by HobbyDB
Domain name and forums owned by MasMedia, now "The Forum"

1) airlines logo on the database (fundamental to recognize the models we're seaching for);

Logos will not be fixed until someone works a deal with me for logos, or the site is sold back to me and/or Jim/Michael.
HobbyDB will tell you that their site will have new "higher resolution logos" which is garbage. At the time of selling Wings900 the database used nearly 3000 different logos from AirlineLogos.net. HobbyDBs idea is for you to upload the logos to them, so they dont have to. Anyone care to build their site for them?

2) missing profiles of some members (there are members who joined Wings900 many years ago without a profile...not fair);

Profiles are 100% fixable and can be repaired

3) update the community list (important to know who still is a member for sell/buy the models).

100% fixable and can be repaired

1) i don't know if the old owners want to buy Wings900 again;

I would work to take it back over and I belive Jim would join me on this as well.

2) i don't know if the new owners want to sell Wings900 to the old owners;

Probably unlikely, but its worth a shot.

3) i don't know what there is behind the ownership of a site like Wings900;

Past history is very easy, recent history is a disaster of epic proportions.

4) i don't know if the current owners are gaining enough money to solve the three problems i listed;

Current owners don't care. They own this forum and 15-20 others - they make money, thats all they care about. Ad revenue is king for them.

5) i don't think the current owners will change their policy just because we sign a petition and i don't think they will fix the problems just because we say "we want the old owners!";

Then you guys should pack up your bags and go somewhere else, where does it hurt the new owners? in the wallet.

6) if the current owners will not fix the problems we must ask why:
6a) they don't want because they don't care;
Correct
6b) they don't gain enough money to fix the problems;
False
6c) they are not able to fix them for incompetence.

Yes and no - The current forum owners have the databae running on their server and have no idea how to fixt the issues. HobbyDB, who owns the DB and collection system has NO idea how that system works and has no interest in fixing it. They want you to use hobbydb.com when that comes online.

- in my opinion also the owners of the site must have the passion for this hobby, otherwise everything falls into oblivion, and they should participate to the discussions;

Current owners don't have any passion. They own Linux computer sites, Android phone forums, RC cars, LGB trains, and a host of others.. No passion, all about $$$

- the current owners really don't care about the site?

Correct, neither owner cares

- Flight Director and other people, do you really want to take over the site and improve it?

Yes I would take it over, reinstate the logos immediately, and work to improve/upgrade

- Are you able to find solution at the three most important problems (airlines logo, membership profiles, updating the community list for the buy/sell/trade activity)?

Yes i can make solutions for all 3.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #45
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post

Yes I would take it over, reinstate the logos immediately, and work to improve/upgrade

Yes i can make solutions for all 3.
I'll see if i can write something up and send it to the new owners as soon as i have all of their usernames. I've heard enough.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: