Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #16
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

I have a problem to understand the meaning of the word "petition". I thought it was something to say:
"hey, whoever is the owner of Wings900, we know you gain money with this great site but, please, now it is time to fix some important things:
1) airlines logo on the database (fundamental to recognize the models we're seaching for);
2) missing profiles of some members (there are members who joined Wings900 many years ago without a profile...not fair);
3) update the community list (important to know who still is a member for sell/buy the models).
Personally i don't care who is the owner: i don't know the old owners, i don't know the new owners and i will not know the future owners, unless i buy Wings900.
Sign a petition to ask the old owner to buy Wings900 is not what i want and i think is not correct because:
1) i don't know if the old owners want to buy Wings900 again;
2) i don't know if the new owners want to sell Wings900 to the old owners;
3) i don't know what there is behind the ownership of a site like Wings900;
4) i don't know if the current owners are gaining enough money to solve the three problems i listed;
5) i don't think the current owners will change their policy just because we sign a petition and i don't think they will fix the problems just because we say "we want the old owners!";
6) if the current owners will not fix the problems we must ask why:
6a) they don't want because they don't care;
6b) they don't gain enough money to fix the problems;
6c) they are not able to fix them for incompetence.
If the reasons are 6b) and 6C) we should try to talk with them and find a solution all together to have a better Wings900; if the reason is the 6C) then we must do everything to find a solution and in this case we can be more effective, for example a kind of strike of 5 days...for 5 days no members connected, or ask an help from outside (possible new owners, etc. etc.).
But, at present time, who knows how the situation is? Any of you know that the current owners don't care about the site? I publicly ask to the current owners why they don't fix the three problems i listed and i would like an honest answer: if the answer is that they really don't care too much about Wings900, the bible of collecting, i'm ready to leave the site.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

I thought some members who didnt like how things are run on Wings900 joined Ben's site (aircraft model ,I think that's what it's called).
They boycott Wings900 for a while like a kid throwing a temper tantrum, and eventually come back when they realize their absence wasnt missed. Hahahahaha
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

As previously said, petitions don't realises miracles!!

That's why I will not sign!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines

Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #19
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
I thought some members who didnt like how things are run on Wings900 joined Ben's site (aircraft model ,I think that's what it's called).
They boycott Wings900 for a while like a kid throwing a temper tantrum, and eventually come back when they realize their absence wasnt missed. Hahahahaha
I did join Aircraft Collector Forum, and i am infact still a member there (even a moderator), but i never boycottet W900 because this is a place where most of my online friends are.

As for Brussels Airlines, he's joined ACF too a while back, and while most members here don't miss him, he's actually proved to be quite a polite member over there.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #20
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Please, please, please don't start a speech (and a possible quarrel) about a member not present here.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Just a refrence to the "kid throwing a temper tantrum" bit. I have no intentions to start a quarrel.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

If you're not going to sign it, that's great. You're entitled to your own opinion. But don't make every other post "Petitions are stupid. I'm not going to sign it,"

Stephan even said he knew it wasn't going to solve the problem. It's more of who wants Wings back to the Wings900 it used to be. Hell, who knows. Maybe one of those monkeys will see it and hang it back over.

I spoke Todd in a thread a few weeks back. He himself has said that he's tried to get the forum back, but the idiots won't budge. I would be more than happy to put in a donation to get Todd his forum back. He wants it back, as does everyone else.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #23
The Dark Side

My speech was in general Oskar, not referring to you.
About the petition...why there are no posts of the old and current owners? Of course each of us has his/her personal opinion and we must respect it, but this thread is very important and, without doubts, there are problems in Wings900 that must be solved. So i repeat: we're debating but i would like to know the opinions of the owners of Wings900.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
My speech was in general Oskar, not referring to you.
Understood.

Quote:
About the petition...why there are no posts of the old and current owners? Of course each of us has his/her personal opinion and we must respect it, but this thread is very important and, without doubts, there are problems in Wings900 that must be solved. So i repeat: we're debating but i would like to know the opinions of the owners of Wings900.
The previous owners might show up to, maybe, say thanks for our support or something, i don't know. But the current owners? Do you think they will say anything in this thread, knowing what most of us think about their changes and "improvements"?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #25
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Understood.

The previous owners might show up to, maybe, say thanks for our support or something, i don't know. But the current owners? Do you think they will say anything in this thread, knowing what most of us think about their changes and "improvements"?
I'll go ahead and say this, Osk. The "new" owners barely show their face anymore because they're too cowardly to man up to their mistakes. They say they've improved the forum on a newer software, but they've done effed up. They only post, if theyre still around, in threads they created.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #26
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Understood.
I'm here and I support you. You guys have my word that if you can help get the sites back under my control, things will return to normal and all issues will be fixed. We cared about this site years ago and still care enough to come back and restore it to its former glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
I'll go ahead and say this, Osk. The "new" owners barely show their face anymore because they're too cowardly to man up to their mistakes. They say they've improved the forum on a newer software, but they've done effed up. They only post, if theyre still around, in threads they created.
You have 2 "owners" to deal with here. The DB is owned by the folks at HobbyDB, which moved from the UK after they changed their name a few times, drained all their funding, closed up shop and now are trying to re-start in Colorado by getting more investors for their second try. The site you saw 1.5 years ago was now called their "ALPHA TEST", funny how something they touted as "new and improved" becomes ALPHA later on. Yes they won't man up to their mistakes and will constantly try to put the blame on me, Jim and Michael. Ask the investors in the UK that they burned.. Don't believe me, check out their filings: https://opencorporates.com/companies...526015/filings and here: https://www.duedil.com/company/06526015/hobbydb-ltd (hard to read, but you can get the gist of it)

MasMedia, now renamed to "The Forum", owns the domain names and the forums: This is them: http://theforum.com/our-communities/ They are the ones responsible for profiles not working, user issues etc. Of course they have gone into hiding ever since they took over this place. Remember, they own DAC and Scale600 too.. No one is happy at those forums either, so if you guys are serious to help us get the forums back. Get that petition out to the users of DAC and Scale600 too!

If that doesn't work, then you guys can all pack up and go to another forum and build a new community. There are alternative sites with good databases, and their forums need people with heart and soul...

Last edited by Flight Director; 07-21-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #27
The Dark Side

Quote:
I have a problem to understand the meaning of the word "petition". I thought it was something to say:
"hey, whoever is the owner of Wings900, we know you gain money with this great site but, please, now it is time to fix some important things:
1) airlines logo on the database (fundamental to recognize the models we're seaching for);
2) missing profiles of some members (there are members who joined Wings900 many years ago without a profile...not fair);
3) update the community list (important to know who still is a member for sell/buy the models).
Personally i don't care who is the owner: i don't know the old owners, i don't know the new owners and i will not know the future owners, unless i buy Wings900.
Sign a petition to ask the old owner to buy Wings900 is not what i want and i think is not correct because:
1) i don't know if the old owners want to buy Wings900 again;
2) i don't know if the new owners want to sell Wings900 to the old owners;
3) i don't know what there is behind the ownership of a site like Wings900;
4) i don't know if the current owners are gaining enough money to solve the three problems i listed;
5) i don't think the current owners will change their policy just because we sign a petition and i don't think they will fix the problems just because we say "we want the old owners!";
6) if the current owners will not fix the problems we must ask why:
6a) they don't want because they don't care;
6b) they don't gain enough money to fix the problems;
6c) they are not able to fix them for incompetence.
If the reasons are 6b) and 6C) we should try to talk with them and find a solution all together to have a better Wings900; if the reason is the 6C) then we must do everything to find a solution and in this case we can be more effective, for example a kind of strike of 5 days...for 5 days no members connected, or ask an help from outside (possible new owners, etc. etc.).
But, at present time, who knows how the situation is? Any of you know that the current owners don't care about the site? I publicly ask to the current owners why they don't fix the three problems i listed and i would like an honest answer: if the answer is that they really don't care too much about Wings900, the bible of collecting, i'm ready to leave the site.
Quote:
I think that all members are the same, but as member who spend a lot of time in the pleasure of living Wings900 and contributing to improve the forum with photos, threads and posts i would like an answer to what i have written and asked directly from Flight Director. First of all many thanks to him because he seems the only "owner" to "put his face" in this important speech, second i would like some short answers to my questions. I repeat: i did not know the old owners of the site (maybe i met one of them in Dusseldorf many years ago but he seemed very far from us "simple" members - and there wasn't just me, but also Dragan, Michael, Lorenzo, etc.) and i did not know the current ones, but i can say that the site is working worde with the new owners. In the last year/months Wings900 is working just because of the great passion of the members and, about the 1:500 database, for example, thanks to some great administrators. Wings900 is working and living just because there are members who regularly share their passion for modeling, spotting and building dioramas, with thousands of photos, comments, suggestions, threads...and, why not, also because of the presence of some "black sheeps" that with their sarcasm (that must be always polite and never personally offensive) help to make it alive!
So, my questions are:
- in my opinion also the owners of the site must have the passion for this hobby, otherwise everything falls into oblivion, and they should participate to the discussions;
- the current owners really don't care about the site?
- Flight Director and other people, do you really want to take over the site and improve it?
- Are you able to find solution at the three most important problems (airlines logo, membership profiles, updating the community list for the buy/sell/trade activity)?

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #28
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post
...so if you guys are serious to help us get the forums back. Get that petition out to the users of DAC and Scale600 too!
Good thinking. I'm a member over at Scale600, i'll post the link right now.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #29
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
- in my opinion also the owners of the site must have the passion for this hobby, otherwise everything falls into oblivion, and they should participate to the discussions;
There's a huge difference between knowing how to run a website professionally and running a website because you like that hobby.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #30
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
There's a huge difference between knowing how to run a website professionally and running a website because you like that hobby.
Yes, but if the owner has both then that that's better than an owner with only the website skills.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: