Magazines - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog
Magazines

Hi all,
I know that a lot of us have aviation-related magazines! Well, I've made a thread where I've posted some pictures of some of my magazines (I've got a huge stack, fyi ), and you can post pictures of yours too!

Here's some of mine, in no particular order:

#1: Airways August 2013:

#2: Air International December 2012:

#3: US Airlines 2013:

#4: Farnborough Airshow 2012 Program:

#5: Airways December 2012:

You can post pictures of your magazines too!

Tim

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Re: Magazines

Neat idea! I recently subscribed to Airways and am enjoying. I also have subscriptions to Airliner World, Airports of the World, Flying and Flight Training. I thought of subscribing to Air International, how do you like it? Although, I don't know how I would have time to read it, I never even get through all these!
Thanks,
DeltaFan

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFan View Post
Neat idea! I recently subscribed to Airways and am enjoying. I also have subscriptions to Airliner World, Airports of the World, Flying and Flight Training. I thought of subscribing to Air International, how do you like it? Although, I don't know how I would have time to read it, I never even get through all these!
Thanks,
DeltaFan
Airliner World is my favorite out of all of them. Airways is pretty good too, though. I don't subscribe, though. Just whenever I'm at Barnes and Noble or a bookstore, I look at the magazines and buy what I like (usually all of them). I just go through them quickly (because I usually don't have time to read it cover-to-cover, even though I would like to), and then when I have more time, I read it cover-to-cover.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
British Collector

64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor64jamesg is a good contributor

Im subscribed to Airliner World, and regularly collect Airport of the World, Pilot and Flyer. My favourite like United737 is AW though.
64jamesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

I've gopt a few mixed mags including, but not only, Aviation News, Airliner World, Classic Airliners, SFF(a Swedish mag), Air International, Airways and Airliner Classics. And just two days ago at the worlds longest outdoor booksale i found three comic books from 1976, '81 and '82 named Pilot, also Swedish. Needless to say i bought them.

I am however not a subscriber to any aviation related magazines right now.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Obsessed with United

Here are some magazines I picked up from flights I was on:

#1: "Horus" from Egyptair December 2010:

#2: "Hemispheres" from United Airlines July 2012 (my last flight was over a year ago!):

#3: "Hemispheres" from United Airlines June 2012:

#4: "High Life" from British Airways June 2012:

#5: "Al Buraq" from Kuwait Airways April/May 2012:

I know the pictures are sort of blurry; I'm not a very good photographer.

Tim

Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

My collection is purely digital nowadays. I only buy from stores like pocketmags and read on my Galaxy TAB or work iPad. I saves an enormous amount of money on it and can have my magazine with me all the time.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
RJ Captain

aviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributoraviationcombr is an excellent contributor

I collect mostly the magazines to which I'm a contributor:

Airways
Aviation Letter
Airliner World
Revista ASAS (Brazil) and
Segurança&Defesa (Brazil)

The next issue of Revista ASAS will publish my article on British Airways history!

aviationcombr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: