Explosions at Boston Marathon - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #46
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Conspiracy theories are part and parcel of all incidents, American, British, Russian etc, etc. Without being in possession of the facts I'd never be able to say they are true/false. They are a subject that people have always talked about for many years.

Memes are definitely not constructive to that debate. They're a form of humour which don't really add to the debate.

If you have issues about this drop me a line. My concern is merely to make sure the thread doesn't degenerate as it was starting to. Thankfully other members have brought it back on track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #47
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Conspiracy theories are part and parcel of all incidents, American, British, Russian etc, etc.
The same can be said for the memes, I'm afraid. Maybe not literal memes, but what they are.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #48
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
There is a better way to represent the point trying to be made than memes. In fairness I wouldn't be particularly happy about them being used in threads about a terrorist attack in Britain so I don't think it's unfair for people to find them inappropriate for use on a thread about the Boston attack

Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #49
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
There is a better way to represent the point trying to be made than memes. In fairness I wouldn't be particularly happy about them being used in threads about a terrorist attack in Britain so I don't think it's unfair for people to find them inappropriate for use on a thread about the Boston attack
Would it be constructive if a member said past IRA attacks were actually an inside job so you can blame the IRA and continue the war on terror?

Or the meme mocking such believes are more offensive?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
Admin

I'm afraid the allegation that last IRA attacks were an inside job are nothing new to me nor am I able to say that it's not true. Google it for yourself and you will see.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #51
Captain

FedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Just the response I expected from a native !
You wouldn't hate us so much had your ancestors not missed the boat. Go spread your hate elsewhere please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Inside job or not, I'm sorta surprised that some of our more knee jerk reactionary friends are not here calling for Americans to support legislation to make it more difficult to get a Pressure Cooker.
I lol'd. I was a bit surprised though to find out about these pressure cooker IEDs.

Jason

Last edited by FedEx777; 04-17-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #52
Admin

I read somewhere that in 2010 pressure cooker IED's were of favourable use by Al Qaeda. Maybe someone else cottoned on to it.

I also read that Eco terrorism is the top domestic terrorist concern for the FBI. Not sure i could see a link to the Boston Marathon with that though.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #53
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

America is brimming with nutcases these days. I think this is just like the Aurora or Sandy Hook attack, some mental case who wants to kill as many people as possible and make the rest of the world watch. More attacks are going to happen if they don't catch the guy.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #54

airport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobby

If any of you think thread is offensive, check this out on another forum I'm a member of:

Explosion at boston marathon - E46Fanatics

Read through some other threads there in OT for some humor.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #55
banned

Air Scandic needs to find another hobbyAir Scandic needs to find another hobbyAir Scandic needs to find another hobbyAir Scandic needs to find another hobbyAir Scandic needs to find another hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
America is brimming with nutcases these days.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #56
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
America is brimming with nutcases these days. I think this is just like the Aurora or Sandy Hook attack, some mental case who wants to kill as many people as possible and make the rest of the world watch. More attacks are going to happen if they don't catch the guy.
That's why a lot of Canada's "talents", artists,doctors, researchers move to the U.S. .
I've travelled all over the world and going to Canada was a waste of time unlike other countries I've been to, like Italy,France,Germany,Israel etc. with strong identity, culture.
Canada is like North Dakota, a US state with low crime. it's American food, tv,music,cars,technologies everywhere or like some people call Canada, America light.
We have our nutjobs alright but the vast majority of Americans are good people. I'm not gonna bring up all of Canada's recent mass shootings but if you multiply them by 10 because we are at about 10 times your population ,you're not that far off us.
We have given the world more than just maple syrup, we are not a small population living off the land (natural resources) , we have different ,more complex challenges but still manage to be the most creative, wealthiest nation on earth.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #57
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
That's why a lot of Canada's "talents", artists,doctors, researchers move to the U.S. .
I've travelled all over the world and going to Canada was a waste of time unlike other countries I've been to, like Italy,France,Germany,Israel etc. with strong identity, culture.
Canada is like North Dakota, a US state with low crime. it's American food, tv,music,cars,technologies everywhere or like some people call Canada, America light.
We have our nutjobs alright but the vast majority of Americans are good people. I'm not gonna bring up all of Canada's recent mass shootings but if you multiply them by 10 because we are at about 10 times your population ,you're not that far off us.
We have given the world more than just maple syrup, we are not a small population living off the land (natural resources) , we have different ,more complex challenges but still manage to be the most creative, wealthiest nation on earth.
I'm sure Canada has given the world more than just maple syrup .
Old 04-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #58
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Avril Lavigne.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #59
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Air Canada.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #60
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

RIM Blackberry, Canada Arm on the space shuttle.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: