Scale Competition - is 200 scale the winner? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
High Flier

PlaneCompany is getting startedPlaneCompany is getting startedPlaneCompany is getting startedPlaneCompany is getting started
Scale Competition - is 200 scale the winner?

I am finding that my interest in the hobby is waning somewhat as it would appear that my chosen scale 1:400 appears to be of less interest to manufacturers than 1:200 and 1:500 offerings. Very few new molds over the past 18 months compared to the other scales. It would seem that 400 scale is being abandoned. Variety that is becoming available in 200 and 500 scales is quite nice, but due to cost and space considerations changing my home exhibit 200 scale is out of the question. Moving back to 500 scale -where I began in the late 80's and still have a sizable fleet of of 145 aircraft is an option - given the new molds by Herpa and other 500 scale mfgs - but anything smaller that a Viscount in that scale becomes visually challenging. Anyone have similar thoughts and comments?
PlaneCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
RJ First Officer

SgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting started
Re: Scale Competition - is 200 scale the winner?

I feel that 200 scale is becoming more and more nice with new moulds and more releases. They are very space consuming but when you have one on display they are awe inspiring. They are usually more detailed than 1:100s and 1:400s. Although they are pretty pricey to buy and ship i actually like 1:200s. I do have a sizable collection of 1:400s especially from Phoenix and also have alot of new arrivals of older releases as i chase past models!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
RJ Captain

RealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radar
Re: Scale Competition - is 200 scale the winner?

I started buying diecast models in 1:200 but also have some 1:400 scale models as well. I collect models of the actual aircraft I have flown that have the exact colour scheme and registration on the model. 1:200 models are better because of the detail, just look at the Gemini 200 British Airways A320 G-BUSF in Landor colours to see what I mean, the model is beautiful.
I have about 15 models in this collection so far mostly 1:400 but 1:200 not far behind and 1 model that is 1:600.
RealGliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
200, 400, 500, comparative, cost

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: