Forum & Database Update - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor
Re: Forum & Database Update

G'day...

As the panic spreads far and wide, maybe abit of research could help...

MAS Media: Web Design - Graphic Design - Hosting | Brookings, SD | 605-627-5117

This I presume is the new moderators for the new owners...? Anyone reading these posts should check them out and then... if you feel the need... panic!

I really believe the new owners think that by bringing in as new team who have experience with small time ventures and who are looking to grow will help wings grow too.

Unfortunatley as often happens in business, while their hearts are in the right place, their understanding of what forums like is are all about is somewhat lacking... evident in how previous administrators have been quietly moved aside. Ideally for a site such as this, the input of volunteer staff should be seen as invaluable for understanding the orginisation and its members.

However businesses rarely run like this... New management... New team... New ways of running things... out with the old, no matter how respected they might be... In with the new... no matter how inexperienced or... how wonderful they are... We as a community feel like we've been let down.

Time will tell... and we need to give them time to prove how great they are, or... how flaming awlful they are, it's a two way street people. No need to U-turn just yet... but be prepared to pull over... just in case...!

I'll give them a chance... because WE all know the data-base all members have built here is REALLY worth saving and really worth $$$... and if the new owners can partake of that and we continue to grow it, it will be win-win for all sides. Tho if they F#ck it up and try and attach fees or such rubbish, the fall-out may destroy the site and their investment.

Time will tell, smile everyone! - polaroid moment!

Cheers Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #107
RJ First Officer

modelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dog

Withdrawn my comments

Last edited by modelmanGB; 01-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.
modelmanGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #108
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

The first result on Google isn't always the thing you're looking for...

Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #109
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

What new site?
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #110
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpacollectorUK View Post
I'd be happy to help out as a mod, after all I do spend my life on the forum. It's all up to the new owners though.
As a retailer, it'll be tough for you to be named mod...it has to do with that conflict of interest thing.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #111
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

If it gets really bad we can claim refugee status on 400SH and DA.C.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #112
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
They're all tied together.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #113
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
Yeah. I Google searched MAS Media but found nothing related to forums. Maybe they have something to do with Malaysia Airlines... Just joking. Or maybe they do?
Googling takes skills
MAS Media | Growing Online Communities, Sharing Your Passion
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #114
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
They're all tied together.
Not 400SH. Some of us have already started a little 1:500 community there.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #115
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Not DAC. Belongs to the same group.
400SH is getting some 1:500 action with charter!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #116
Line Service Technician

Oh.. My bad. I thought they were all tied together. So.. If things go down hill, 400 here we come.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #117
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

MAS Media Inc. Acquires Dailyiphoneblog.com

Here you go. 'Mas media' has absolutely nothing to do with aviation or model collecting. They just own and operate forums. That is why they aren't on here much.

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #118
Line Service Technician

Am I the only one who didn't know Waffle was banned?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #119
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Am I the only one who didn't know Waffle was banned?
I didn't, but i can't say im surprised.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #120
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Why was he banned? When?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: