Forum & Database Update - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #61
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Re: Forum & Database Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Well that's a strange fetish of yours.
Ah hahahaha
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #62
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Message to MAS media:
Keep those ugly adChoices out!!! Make REAL DEALS with retailers and keep banners subject oriented.

Nobody in here wants to lease a Business jet, play flag games to win an iPhone or date travel girls!
I agree.....
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #63
banned

No ugly banners today, maybe if we explain to them in a mature way what's best for the site like Alex did, maybe they ll listen.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #64
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I continue to repeat (and this will be my last post here, because we are still talking about everything and nothing waiting for what will really happen) that an excellent Forum is made by the members.
Not only if they are competent and have a collection of one million aircrafts or one thousand scale dioramas or if they have posted ten thousand photos on airliners.net and jetphotos.net, but also (and especially) if they are polite, nice, friendly and they have the right passion to manage the forum of their own. The owner is who has bought everyhting, but the members are the real power of it.
It is normal that, if all the members that i respect and admire, the members who i love and of which i am a friend (even personal), the members who are my family, the members who have the real passion for our hobby... if all these members are starting to go away, i will not remain in a forum where who argues all the time, who always finds a way to try the dispute, who wants to be a court jester will be the only point of attraction!
Ciao to all.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 01-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
No ugly banners today, maybe if we explain to them in a mature way what's best for the site like Alex did, maybe they ll listen.
Nice too see that my petition to MAS was heard and the ugly banners are gone. Still there on DAC!

I have also been quietly stripped or my Administrative powers here and on DAC today after my posts in this thread.

ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #66
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I have also been quietly stripped or my Administrative powers here and on DAC today after my posts in this thread.
What does this mean, they didn't warn you about it?
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #67
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
What does this mean, they didn't warn you about it?
Well they didn't have to technically, as I resigned 2 months ago.
But in the mean time I did help a few members and posts when they needed me as a friendly gesture.
But yes! A notice would have been nice-er.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #68
banned

Respect is a two way street, members expect the new management to be respectful and management also expect the members to be respectful.

Too bad some of the key members quietly rode their horses off into the sunset, I'd pay a dollar to hear their side of the story.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #69
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Nice too see that my petition to MAS was heard and the ugly banners are gone. Still there on DAC!

Bravo, another great update from MAS Media and co
Are there even any admins now other than the new owners?

Wings900 is turning into a shambles. With no decent management, it's all going to go badly wrong.

The new owners clearly don't believe in right of speech, no wonder we're seeing people leaving.

Alex kindly helped me and authorised some of my posts as the Wings900 team was not quick at authorising, although I am paying for the service.

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.

Last edited by herpacollectorUK; 01-27-2013 at 12:30 PM.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #70
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

I agree, they could've dropped you a pm or something.
If you click on view forum leaders, you're still under the admin section.
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #71
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

When was that letter from 'Baskingshark' written?
cameraman1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #72
banned

Quote:

Well, Thank-you!

And management if you're reading this, Alex did an excellent job keeping the site going.
He's always been fair to everyone and He's a reasonable guy, please keep him in mind when you need help, advice etc. with the site.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #73
Captain

michael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobby

Alex I meant that its good your not leaving the forum not as a moderator , sorry for the confusion!
michael737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #74
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Well, Thank-you!

And management if you're reading this, Alex did an excellent job keeping the site going.
He's always been fair to everyone and He's a reasonable guy, please keep him in mind when you need help, advice etc. with the site.

That is such a nice thing to say although I had banned you for a few days
hahahaha
You're alright... just happen to mingle with the bad boys!!
Keep up the good work!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #75
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Before anyone suspects I had died-i can confirm I am alive and well despite the Aussies kidnapping me for three weeks and forcing me drink copious amounts of Crown Lager!

Now I'm going to admit this thread was a bolt out of the blue-but i also think some of us have been taking the hysteria pill. Alex made a good point-this happened two months ago and none of us (not in the know) noticed it! Can i suggest we see where the site goes and then if we are unhappy and not being listened to-we talk with our feet...and walk!

I have to agree with an earlier post, the new owners seem clearly interested in the database which is concerning that this is the focus. My concern is that they are looking to make money from it (as businessmen/women rightly should). This however goes against what the site has been about since I have been a member.

I'll admit alarm bells are ringing at the loss of several key characters/moderators. What the new owners may not realise is that W900 was unique in that it largely self moderated. The lose of these guys makes me feel there is something we may not be aware of yet. Fingers crossed I am wrong.

Outside moderators who are not aviation nuts may be a poor choice. Time will tell.

For my part i'm going to watch and see what happens. I'm a bit disappointed that the users weren't made aware of this earlier. It would have been courteous i think but what's done is done.

For now i'm going to wait and see what happens and take it from there. And if we have to leave-i'm sure we will find another outlet

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: