Forum & Database Update - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #46
RJ Second Officer

steve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting started
Re: Forum & Database Update

comments removed

Last edited by steve k; 01-27-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: comments removed
steve k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #47
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Mac was "high jacked"? After Mr. Warfle's unacceptable behavior I can only expect an encore of ridiculous behavior and bad language. No thank you!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #48
RJ Second Officer

steve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting startedsteve k is getting started

comments removed

Last edited by steve k; 01-27-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: deletion

Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #49
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

So the only collector owned forum is 400 scale hangar at the moment.
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #50
RJ Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
So the only collector owned forum is 400 scale hangar at the moment.
And Aviation delight forum by Mark who sells from home
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #51
RJ First Officer

modelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dog

I have been collecting 1/400 and 1/200 scale models since 1998 and have seen the data base grow and become a useful reference tool for collectors, especially if you are a fleet builder. However over the past 2 to 3 years I ,and other seriously minded collectors, have experienced antics that makes my blood boil. I won't go further other than to say I don't consider rudeness or treating folk with contempt is acceptable. All I want to do is add threads that are relevant to the forum and make polite posts to those that have contributed in a like manner.
Recently I have joined other diecast model plane forums where the atmosphere is both pleasant and friendly, and to my knowledge, the moderators have never had to use the delete button. The lack of a data base is simply overcome by members helping members with any questions regarding past and present models.

Last edited by modelmanGB; 01-27-2013 at 03:27 PM.
modelmanGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #52
banned

Bob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting started

You know Steve, for as much crap as you're giving waffle, without him there would be no database, not the one here on Wings900, not the one on the website you mention, none. He himself was the one that compiled thousands of fields of data and still does to this day. He was the one that put in all the input for how it was designed, and he is still the one that is trying to save this little hobby of yours. Did you know if it wasn't for him DAC wouldn't be here today? So while yes he does go out there and chew out an individual or two, I don't blame him. There's plenty of people in this world that need a good arse chewing and I'm glad someone is finally willing to stick up to them, some people might not like that but think of what he's done before you go bashing him. I imagine he'll have the last laugh if the rumors are true that the database and forum are going to separate and everything goes kaput.
Bob Smoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #53
RJ Second Officer

comment removed

Last edited by steve k; 01-27-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: removed
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #54
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smoot View Post
There's plenty of people in this world that need a good arse chewing
Well that's a strange fetish of yours.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #55
banned

Bob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting started

I'm not playing sides here, but did you ever think that the information on the forum has to be protected, especially the database? It's no different then the legal jargon at the bottom of this website or any other? Did you ever think of all of the photographers who have to protect their photos? Or the logos on this website or anything else? Eventually websites do become valuable assets. In the end, from my conversations with him, he has very little overall to do with any of it besides putting the right people in place to make things run. If forum posts were lost, did you ask why and how come they aren't there? I hardly call putting legal protection on a website when he has offered his copy of a database for free usage to all of the members a very big thing to ask for, IMO.
Bob Smoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #56
RJ Second Officer

comment removed

Last edited by steve k; 01-27-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: removed
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #57
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Sorry for the long post. To see the quotes, just click the little arrow next to the respective usernames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Where do i sign up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Same here.

Quote:
Quote:
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
2 things here:

1. Two months!? And this is announced now?
2. It seems so far that most of the members don't want any changes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this being said, the forum was great the way it was. When i signed up in '09 everything was perfect. Sure, i may have had a little trouble at first, but who didn't? I did however find my way around the site pretty quickly, and now i know where almost everything is. If anything happens to change that... Well, to be honest, i don't know what i'd do.

But one thing is for sure though: if this forum becomes focused on money, i am leaving. I know it costs money to own a website, but if W900 becomes one of those forums where you have to pay to be a member, im leaving. If i have to re-enter my collection, i won't. If the posts made so far are removed, im leaving.

Basically, if anything changes for the worse, im gone. I am out of here.

If anything changes for the better, i might stick around for a while longer.

At the same time though, all the changes i have noticed so far have been announced to the members before they were added. And if that stops, i'll be one step closer to leaving whether it's for the better or for the worse.

Like i said, when i signed up, the forum was perfect. There's no need to change anything.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #58
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy^ just wants an argument?
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is just being immature?

Last edited by El_Capitan; 01-27-2013 at 10:15 AM.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #59
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smoot View Post
The more interesting question, that I posted on DAC and has been completely overlooked is that, are the rumors true or false that the database will no longer be on Wings900 & DAC. If you read the posts carefully the forum part stays the same, while the database remains but on a separate website. While it hasn't been confirmed why hasn't this been noticed by anyone else?

In all reality, two of the original owners Todd & Jim were still active on this forum until recently and they have gone strangely quiet. All of the other volunteers that have been updating the database are no longer doing their normal activities (Carlos, Rex, Julian & others.... last update almost two weeks ago now... which is UNHEARD of...) something is much more then the public relations post by "Andrew".

If all of the team members left, and nobody is happy on the team, that means there are bigger issues at hand, which can be said of the failure of the owners of the website, and the necessity to have it sold off.
And the plot thickens....
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #60
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is just being immature?
Well you just seemed to be disagreeing with what anyone said. I'm not being immature, I am asking a question.
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: