Forum & Database Update - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #31
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: Forum & Database Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Furry's been gone too. Wahoo, gone. It seems like you're the only vet. still around.
Off topic:
Furry is having a holiday Down Under and Wahoo is shovelling snow in his backyard!

Let's not get too excited folks! I, for one, am eager to hear from the new site owners exactly what changes there may be but also, to get a better understanding of who the moderators will be. They are really the ones who make the forums and database work.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #32
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Oh, i forgot the reason number 5, maybe the most important:
- the real engine of the forum, the soul, the lifeblood are the members! Each member, from the veteran to the youngest. This site lives thanks to us, and to achieve all the goals from whoever the new owner is, he must obtain the trust and respect of the members.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

@ Charter
You should've convinced the previous owner not to sell the site.
I just think some members should give the new owners the benefit of the doubt.
I'm sure they re going to make mistakes during the transition,but that's kind of expected and might even reverse some decisions.
So far so good , as far as I'm concerned then again I'm not as valuable as other members.

Some members just heard new owners, they re already screaming bloody murder.

Maybe you should redirect your anger toward the guy who sold the site and pocketed the money.( not that you should) jmho

Last edited by El_Capitan; 01-26-2013 at 11:43 PM.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #34
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
@ Charter
You should've convinced the previous owner not to sell the site.
I just think some members should give the new owners the benefit of the doubt.
I'm sure they re going to make mistakes during the transition,but that's kind of expected and might even reverse some decisions.
So far so good as far I'm concerned then again I'm not as valuable as other members.

Some members just heard new owners, they re already screaming bloody murder.

Maybe you should direct your anger toward the guy who sold the site and pocketed the money.( not that you should) jmho
My friend, i respect your opinion and i agree with you when you say that we must wait and see what happens. I also agree with you with the point that not all the changes are in negative (this is also the idea of many other members). I'm not angry, i'm embittered and worried that many efforts done over the years will be lost. I have doubts just because many important members of this site decided to adandon. If you have a soccer team with Totti, Ronaldo, Platini, Maradona, Pelè, Baresi, Buffon, etc. etc., and this team is one of the strongest in the World, and many of these great players leave the team for "unknown" reasons, would you be worried?
All here.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #35
banned

Bob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting startedBob Smoot is getting started

The more interesting question, that I posted on DAC and has been completely overlooked is that, are the rumors true or false that the database will no longer be on Wings900 & DAC. If you read the posts carefully the forum part stays the same, while the database remains but on a separate website. While it hasn't been confirmed why hasn't this been noticed by anyone else?

In all reality, two of the original owners Todd & Jim were still active on this forum until recently and they have gone strangely quiet. All of the other volunteers that have been updating the database are no longer doing their normal activities (Carlos, Rex, Julian & others.... last update almost two weeks ago now... which is UNHEARD of...) something is much more then the public relations post by "Andrew".

If all of the team members left, and nobody is happy on the team, that means there are bigger issues at hand, which can be said of the failure of the owners of the website, and the necessity to have it sold off.
Bob Smoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #36
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

I think it would be foolish of the new site owners to remove the database from the forums in which it is embedded. Although they may own it in a strictly legal sense, the Database exists only because of the dedication of all those who have contributed to it over the years. In essence, it is a community property. It only remains a useful tool if it remains dynamic and current. It depends on the ongoing goodwill of members to contribute if it is to remain relevant and it would be foolhardy indeed to snub the collective communities who have established it, nurtured it and who have a vested interest in it.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #37
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
My friend, i respect your opinion and i agree with you when you say that we must wait and see what happens. I also agree with you with the point that not all the changes are in negative (this is also the idea of many other members). I'm not angry, i'm embittered and worried that many efforts done over the years will be lost. I have doubts just because many important members of this site decided to adandon. If you have a soccer team with Totti, Ronaldo, Platini, Maradona, Pelè, Baresi, Buffon, etc. etc., and this team is one of the strongest in the World, and many of these great players leave the team for "unknown" reasons, would you be worried?
All here.
The last time Brazil won soccer's world cup, Pele wasn't on the team, and France without Platini... the point I'm trying to make great players come and go but the team stays.
A true fan doesn't threaten to quit supporting his team because there's a new owner and some players left.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #38
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Am I the only one who thinks this guy^ just wants an argument?
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #39
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

The best points mentioned in this thread are:
- This is YOUR database
- members are the soul of this community.

This is the essence of the matter.

Now if Andrew and the new owner are reassuring you the database is staying then I suppose that is a fact. What would be the point of lying to you? To keep you in for a few more weeks?

If you feel that this fact may not be true simply copy/paste the content of your collection on an excel spreadsheet for safekeeping

As for the rest, is is just around the corner. As long as there are members like Charter, who are truly passionate on collection, there will always be a place to go to

Over and out!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #40
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Hi Alex, you're not resigning are you?
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #41
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Haz, I have stopped offering my services two months ago when the forums were sold, but just did not make a public announcement about it, cause it did not mean that I am leaving all my friends in here

You see, you have been under new management for over 2 months already so it is not as bad as you think it is.

These forums were created by collectors. Ever since they were named with a price tag it's has been a business all along. And that is over 5 years ago. So unless these forums and ANY FORUMS belong to enthusiasts, they need to make a living.

As Doc said. Wait out for the so called "changes", make a collection copy if you feel insecure and act accordingly after the changes.

Nobody will be happy if the changes are not wanted. Neither you nor the new owners. This is a business and it needs to be WIN WIN!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #42
Just give me wings!

Message to MAS media:
Keep those ugly adChoices out!!! Make REAL DEALS with retailers and keep banners subject oriented.

Nobody in here wants to lease a Business jet, play flag games to win an iPhone or date travel girls!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #43
Captain

michael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
Hi Alex, you're not resigning are you?
It would be sad to see you go , you bring life to the community and have helped me out
michael737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #44
Captain

michael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobby

just seen you post above alex , glad your not going
michael737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #45
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael737 View Post
just seen you post above alex , glad your not going
Actually what I said was that I have resigned 2 months ago.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: