Forum & Database Update - Page 14 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #196
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby
Re: Forum & Database Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Funny how not even a third of Wings900 active members signed the petition yet the 20 or so members act like they represent the majority.
Does Wings900 have a lot of members? Yes.
Are a lot of the members active day to day? No.
The "20 or so" members are all that's left pre- MasMadia. Again, what you don't understand. After the sell was complected and these monkeys made promises after promises and still nothing, a lot of the members ditched the site. So the 20 signatures are the vets that were here before 1; you were here. And 2; before they took over.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #197
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #198
Puddle Jumper

nick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributornick_boeing is a good contributor

Old 08-01-2014, 12:50 AM   #199
RJ First Officer

MaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciated

Just started my first thread on DiMA I'll definitely stay around here still, but I'm gonna start going to DiMA more
www.flynci.weebly.com
MaxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #200
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day all...

MAS Media have only owned the Forum threads and until recently HobbyDB owned everything else. That included the database, all membership details and how the site was... was run. To be blaming MAS Media for all the current ills on here is plain wrong and insulting.

Recently The owner of HobbyDB, moved business to the USA after being based in the UK. This happened to try and raise more funds to establish HobbyDB and its new site. Because of this need for funds HobbyDB sold the database and membership to MAS Media. So now the entire Wings/DA.C is owned by MAS Media.

That is why MAS Media are now saying they will fix the site. Before they couldn't because it wasn't owned by MAS Media. Previously they only owned the butchered Forum/Threads.

On a personal note: I personally have been bullied, threatened and more because I care about the database on Wings. All I have done is keep this site's Database up to date. I am being targeted because I've been keeping the Database up to date and because I say things to everyone about why and what is really happening in here.. If I had not, this site could already have folded.

MAS Media certainly DOES know about the missing profiles (I'm one of them!) and now that they are in total control are going ahead to fix it. They are also holding talks with bringing back the logos. There are several avenues to do this. They are exploring ALL of them.

MAS Media only recently took over the whole site (This week). Before that HobbyDB owned the database, the members list and before selling the forum to MAS Media, HobbyDB removed the front page and all links with previous threads so members would be forced to use HobbyDB info only. The reason why nothing was done for 2 years is because HobbyDB wanted to run this site down, so we would all transfer over to their new HobbyDB site. A complete fantasy as HobbyDB is a complete abortion. That was when Wings/DA.C WAS owned by HobbyDB... now however MAS Media own everything to do with this site. Please give them a little time to sort the mess out... please...

Now that MAS Media own the complete site, they can and are fixing the problems created by 2 years of in-action by HobbyDB. Seriously... I don't need you to believe this, go to DiMA if you prefer... However Once this site is up and running again... I suspect you will be back... If not... never mind as there are so many others who will still be here.

Finally, I know how the database works and know that the current code that runs it was devised by Todd. The logos arn't stored on site. Todd set it up with codes, all models have a four or five digit logo code that used to directly link in with his logo site. The only way to change this is to re-write every database model page, all 37,000+ pages of them. There has been much speculation about what costs were actually being asked to use the logos. Many figures have been thrown around over the years... The actual amount was US $1 per logo per year....

When you go out and attack and blame, be sure you aim that at the correct perpetrators, HobbyDB, who are no longer the owners here of anything. It's not MAS Media... MAS Media though are putting this site back together again...

For more reading check out:
http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...ngs-dac-3.html

Lou
Old 08-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #201
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
MAS Media have only owned the Forum threads and until recently HobbyDB owned everything else. That included the database, all membership details and how the site was... was run. To be blaming MAS Media for all the current ills on here is plain wrong and insulting.
Actually, as you state below, it's absolutely correct to blame them - they've owned it for 2 WHOLE YEARS already and done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. But hey, go on living in your fantasy world where "it can't possibly be blamed on them" - I'll expound on the fallacies of this as we go on, don't worry.

Quote:
That is why MAS Media are now saying they will fix the site. Before they couldn't because it wasn't owned by MAS Media.
Bull. They're now stepping up and saying they'll fix it because we've called them out on it, not "because it's been out of their hands" - owning the database outright has absolutely ZERO bearing on the profiles or any of this other crap that's been going on.
Quote:
Previously they only owned the butchered Forum/Threads.
So, you admit they've owned it all this time (see above) - what took them so long to actually start fixing these problems? It's not like they just popped up overnight...
Quote:
MAS Media certainly DOES know about the missing profiles (I'm one of them!) and now that they are in total control are going ahead to fix it. They are also holding talks with bringing back the logos. There are several avenues to do this. They are exploring ALL of them.
Again, what does "total control" have to do with anything?
Quote:
MAS Media only recently took over the whole site (This week). Before that HobbyDB owned the database, the members list and before selling the forum to MAS Media, HobbyDB removed the front page and all links with previous threads so members would be forced to use HobbyDB info only. The reason why nothing was done for 2 years is because HobbyDB wanted to run this site down, so we would all transfer over to their new HobbyDB site. A complete fantasy as HobbyDB is a complete abortion. That was when Wings/DA.C WAS owned by HobbyDB... now however MAS Media own everything to do with this site. Please give them a little time to sort the mess out... please...
It's funny you say that; masmedia has a join date of EXACTLY the same timeframe as HobbyDB; to say they're unrelated entities is a bit of a stretch, yes? Especially considering their first posts here are in perfect unison ("We own the site" and "we own the database")...
Quote:
Now that MAS Media own the complete site, they can and are fixing the problems created by 2 years of in-action by HobbyDB. Seriously... I don't need you to believe this, go to DiMA if you prefer... However Once this site is up and running again... I suspect you will be back... If not... never mind as there are so many others who will still be here.
Again, please explain what difference owning the entire package (site and database) makes in regards to fixing the profiles? The reason we don't believe any of it is because THEY HAVE OWNED IT ALL ALONG and done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Quote:
When you go out and attack and blame, be sure you aim that at the correct perpetrators, HobbyDB, who are no longer the owners here of anything. It's not MAS Media... MAS Media though are putting this site back together again...
No, the correct party IS actually being blamed, and it IS actually masmedia - but thanks for playing all the same. Again, owning the database has absolutely NO bearing on anything - heck, if Todd were still here and *did* end up with the site he would say the exact same thing; he doesn't need the database to fix the profiles or anything else for that matter.
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: