A new model airliner magazine..... - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby
A new model airliner magazine.....

Just gauging an initial response from all my friends on this forum....

Who would be interested in a magazine dedicated to 1/200, 1,250, 1/400, 1/500 and 1/600 diecast commercial airliners?

It would include the following:
- Reviews on latest releases in conjunction with Herpa, GJ, Phoenix etc with detailed pics
- Model airport features
- How to build a custom
- Shop and Dealer offers
- Win 50 voucher to spend on any models
- Full feature on particular aircraft types
plus lots more

I would be willing to pay those who contribute articles (either with paypal payment or models to say thanks)

I am currently in talks with a distributor to place magazine in places like Walmart, Airports, Model Shops, WHSmiths etc however, this could start out as a mail order only edition to start with.

This has been in motion a while now but just wanted to get some feedback from you guys to see whether this would be something of interest to you.

Ideally aiming for a release in Feb 2013.

Thanks

Nathan
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

Thanks Carlos
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
RJ Captain

wiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast icon

Sure, I really like the contribution part however I'm worried about how much you can write about models.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiky88 View Post
Sure, I really like the contribution part however I'm worried about how much you can write about models.
Thanks for your feedback.

Hopefully this where my 14 years of creative conceptual thinking comes into play....retailer, collectors, manufacturer articles etc
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Sounds pretty interesting to me.As for contributing, it might be a bit difficult, but i'd sure like to try.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Sounds pretty interesting to me.As for contributing, it might be a bit difficult, but i'd sure like to try.
Thanks I'm sure there would be something for you to be involved with
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Hi
I could right articles.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Hi
I could right articles.
Haha - was that spelling mistake ironically on purpose? That would be great. Thanks mate
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I'd be able to help you ofcourse my friend.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I'd be able to help you ofcourse my friend.
Thank you for your kind words
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
RJ Captain

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated

now this i would really be interested in! id buy it hands down
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginaustralia787 View Post
now this i would really be interested in! id buy it hands down
Thanks My exact feelings too. If there was one available then I would buy it too. It all hangs on how creative I can get with it. I have 100% time on my hands right now to make this a reality. Things are moving in the right direction anyway.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

I would definitely be interested in helping you create a magazine. I could write articles or reviews, I think I would be good at that. Pm me if you need a hand mate
Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
I would definitely be interested in helping you create a magazine. I could write articles or reviews, I think I would be good at that. Pm me if you need a hand mate
Thanks mate Much appreciated
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
RJ Second Officer

Hellio is flying under the radarHellio is flying under the radar

Hi, this is good to our passion ! I hope listening this magazine as soon as possible !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: