A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #46
RJ Captain

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

On the topic of online versions:

No way I'd rather have a physical copy therefore you can 'collect' the magazine. But I think that what you're saying would be great if he put it into apple's newsstand so you can view it on mobiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #47
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
Sounds interesting, but in this day and age, I'd rather consider an online version.

1) You are looking at a global audience, so shipping can be quite a cost factor.

2) We're so used to reading news on the WWW on a daily basis (or almost) that a monthly publication would have a hard time keeping up. For example, by the time a detailed model review would be written, typeset, printed, and shipped, the model might well be sold out
I would do both, online and printed. Also, I can be a distributor of the magazine to whole world.
Sure, that it is a risk of losing money, but as we say here: without risk, no business...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #48
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Also, I can do a website... You can look on this one: Conservatives 4 Future ... It is a school political party, but just say me if you like it. I can make a website for the magazine too...

Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #49
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginaustralia787 View Post
On the topic of online versions:

No way I'd rather have a physical copy therefore you can 'collect' the magazine. But I think that what you're saying would be great if he put it into apple's newsstand so you can view it on mobiles
Agree!!! Apple newsstand is a good choice... But.... it would cost 99$ a year...
Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #50
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Guys, nathanbennet has this all worked out and he only needs articles, so I don't think he needs you to distribute it.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #51
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

This sounds interesting. Id like to help with the model airport sections if its possible.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #52
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhupilot View Post
Sounds very interesting. Hope it works out !
Thanks mate
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #53
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
Btw... Have you thaught about the name... What about the design..?
Yes, I have a name plus the domain name is already purchased. Currently working on the design, art direction and website as we speak.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #54
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginaustralia787 View Post
will it be available from here in australia? will there be a subscription?
Not sure on all the details as yet. Hopefully will be able to give answers to this very soon. More than likely a subscription to start off with.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #55
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Sounds interesting, but in this day and age, I'd rather consider an online version.

1) You are looking at a global audience, so shipping can be quite a cost factor.

2) We're so used to reading news on the WWW on a daily basis (or almost) that a monthly publication would have a hard time keeping up. For example, by the time a detailed model review would be written, typeset, printed, and shipped, the model might well be sold out
Yes, I agree with what you say but I still think there is a market in magazines hence why a lot of magazine and book stores still exist today. Airliner World and other magazines in this sector seem to survive okay for now.

An online version will be available plus an App for smart phones too further down the line.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #56
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartlord View Post
i think it's a great idea. We can make it all together (helping you). You have to remember that it's not as easy as we may think. But i keep my fingers crossed for this project!
Yes, I want to get a team of people together to make this all happen. I have produced magazines before plus working in a fast paced advertising agency environment for 14 years I am used to tight deadlines and making things look professional. This wouldn't be a quickly knocked together mag - it's going to be a professional publication.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #57
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

1) It could be, but if it sells well it might even out.

2) That's a common thing that i've seen happen several times. Trust me, i read a lot of Model Railroader Magazine and the models they review are almost always sold out when i check which i usually do right after reading the reviews. Also, a paper magazine would gain a greater audience as it would be seen in stores and not just online.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #58
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
This sounds interesting. Id like to help with the model airport sections if its possible.
Thanks mate That'd be great
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #59
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
1) It could be, but if it sells well it might even out.

2) That's a common thing that i've seen happen several times. Trust me, i read a lot of Model Railroader Magazine and the models they review are almost always sold out when i check which i usually do right after reading the reviews. Also, a paper magazine would gain a greater audience as it would be seen in stores and not just online.
I agree - this would be a great way of getting our hobby out there
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #60
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
I agree - this would be a great way of getting our hobby out there
Speaking of which, i could take to my local hobby store about this when all is fixed. If you want.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: