A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #106
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
They still want reviews - just well constructed ones that benefit the company. Goes without saying though I suppose. I highly doubt anyone will be nasty towards the releases.
I just have to ask then: if one buys a model from them that he/she has wanted for a while, and it arrives totally different with, for example, missing details, incorrect colours, hideous mould and broken pieces... How is he/she going to write a review that's beneficial for the company?

Last edited by Flight fan; 12-27-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #107
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

If it had broken pieces then it would be best to take it up with them direct privately and ask for a replacement.

In regards to the mould, incorrect colours etc you would have probably seen that from pictures before your ordered it.

I am probably going to avoid reviews anyway
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #108
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

It's like any paper or e-magazine. He is not going to "cut off his nose to spite his face". If Motor Trend
wants Ford to advertise in their magazine, their not going to write bad reviews about their vehicles.
If the editors want, and will eventually sell "links", they are not going to give any bad reviews on GJ products.
"Letters to the Editors" will accomplish that. If you read 'Airliner World' it's always upbeat. People don't
want to read negative reviews in a magazine. You can find those on these forums ).

Last edited by cameraman1031; 12-27-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: ed

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #109
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
If it had broken pieces then it would be best to take it up with them direct privately and ask for a replacement.

In regards to the mould, incorrect colours etc you would have probably seen that from pictures before your ordered it.
You make a very good point.

Quote:
I am probably going to avoid reviews anyway
Aha. That might limit my contributions somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1031 View Post
It's like any paper or e-magazine. He is not going to "cut off his nose to spite his face". If Motor Trend
wants Ford to advertise in their magazine, their not going to write bad reviews about their vehicles.
If the editors want, and will eventually sell "links", they are not going to give any bad reviews on GJ products.
"Letters to the Editors" will accomplish that. If you read 'Airliner World' it's always upbeat. People don't
want to read negative reviews in a magazine. You can find those on these forums ).
I see your point. I guess it's like they say: if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Didn't think about that before.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #110
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

yeah, thanks guys for your input though. I suppose I need to keep on the good side of the manufacturers as they are the ones keeping this industry going.

You can still contribute some way or another. I will get on to that bit shortly once I have worked my way through all the advertising and emails. It's been a long week working on this. Hopefully it'll all be worth it
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #111
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

Reviews are simply opinions. We all have them. Many years ago I worked for a major camera company. We made the lens and auto-focus systems for most of the VHS and 8mm cameras. A leading consumer magazine came out with their 8mm review and one brand was rated one, the other was rated three and the third was rated five. They were all the exact same camera except for the name ). Go figure. If it's a bad review I'm even more curious. It's like the AC A330-200 without the "blister". I still ordered one because eventually all the manufacturers that release Airbus A330-200fs will have the "blister" so the AC Turkish version will be a collector's item. They are completely sold out.
Remember, reviews are only routes on life's highway. Use their routes or take your own shortcut.

Last edited by cameraman1031; 12-27-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: ed
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #112
Red Eagles!

Quote:
yeah, thanks guys for your input though. I suppose I need to keep on the good side of the manufacturers as they are the ones keeping this industry going.
Suppose so. We can't be to rough on them. We should be happy for what we've got, no matter the quality.

Quote:
You can still contribute some way or another. I will get on to that bit shortly once I have worked my way through all the advertising and emails. It's been a long week working on this. Hopefully it'll all be worth it
I'll contribute any way i can, but eliminating reviews will, like i said, limit what i can do a little bit. But, come to think of it, that might be a good thing at the same time. I've never been very good when it comes to reviews.

Anyway, i can't wait to see what you've come up with.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #113
JeffinM***

nathanbennett.....They would also keep your magazine going...indirectly.
The thing about this is that it would be interesting to see if the manufacturers gave, or loaned you, advance models for review.

Last edited by cameraman1031; 12-27-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: ed
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #114
1/400 Collector

Quote:
nathanbennett.....They would also keep your magazine going...indirectly.
The thing about this is that it would be interesting to see if the manufacturers gave, or loaned you, advance models for review.
yes, i suppose after time the manufacturers would do that. It's a case in the early months to build up a good reputation and trust. That's the goal anyway
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #115
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Suppose so. We can't be to rough on them. We should be happy for what we've got, no matter the quality.

I'll contribute any way i can, but eliminating reviews will, like i said, limit what i can do a little bit. But, come to think of it, that might be a good thing at the same time. I've never been very good when it comes to reviews.

Anyway, i can't wait to see what you've come up with.
Thanks mate. Hugely appreciated
Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #116
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Just saw the website! Looks very professional,,you should say to your readers to send photos of their airports and the winners will be posted in the magazine
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #117
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Just saw the website! Looks very professional,,you should say to your readers to send photos of their airports and the winners will be posted in the magazine
Thanks very much for you kind words

Great idea! Will certainly be doing that.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #118
JeffinM***

What is the website for the e-magazine?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #119
1/400 Collector

Quote:
What is the website for the e-magazine?
It will be available to download from NSB PUBLISHING : Diecast Airliner Magazine from mid Jan 2013
Old 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #120
Ferry Enthusiast

Andrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobby

This magazine sounds very interesting, and is definitely something I would buy and would like to contribute to.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: