A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #91
RJ Captain

Conor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobbyConor is a legend of the hobby
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

What a lovely idea. I might be putting my name out there a little late, but I would jump at the opportunity to contribute.
//Conor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #92
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Thanks Conor.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #93
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Any news on the Magazine? Are you still going ahead with it?

Old 12-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #94
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
Any news on the Magazine? Are you still going ahead with it?
Yes, still happening. I have been working hard on it past week or so getting things all in place. More news real soon
Old 12-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #95
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Oh okay that's good
Old 12-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #96
Captain

SP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Haha - was that spelling mistake ironically on purpose? That would be great. Thanks mate
Yeah, I don't think that was a spelling mistake. In my opinion a magazine that I'm going to pay for has to be good in quality. I don't want pages full of dull topics. If you're going to get a team of people who have no idea what they're doing and have never made a magazine before it will, in my opinion, end up looking un-professional. Also you have to remember that it will be worldwide and we would have to pay a large subscription fee because of the shipping itself.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #97
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-LLC View Post
Yeah, I don't think that was a spelling mistake. In my opinion a magazine that I'm going to pay for has to be good in quality. I don't want pages full of dull topics. If you're going to get a team of people who have no idea what they're doing and have never made a magazine before it will, in my opinion, end up looking un-professional. Also you have to remember that it will be worldwide and we would have to pay a large subscription fee because of the shipping itself.
It was ironic because someone wrote 'When shall we right articles' instead of the word 'write'. Huge fail before we've even started. Haha

Not sure if there will be a price for this magazine yet. It may be given away free. Would love to do worldwide shipping but it may just be 'download only' for now.

I certainly will be very picky on what articles go in and avoid articles submitted with badly written english grammar. This WILL indeed be a professional publication. Aiming for a launch early 2013 (hopefully January)

More news soon
Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #98
Captain

SP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dog

Quote:
It was ironic because someone wrote 'When shall we right articles' instead of the word 'write'. Huge fail before we've even started. Haha

Not sure if there will be a price for this magazine yet. It may be given away free. Would love to do worldwide shipping but it may just be 'download only' for now.

I certainly will be very picky on what articles go in and avoid articles submitted with badly written english grammar. This WILL indeed be a professional publication. Aiming for a launch early 2013 (hopefully January)

More news soon
Good to hear, looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription if it was good and interesting. I'd also like to see some variety in the articles instead of the constant model review, how to make an airport, etc.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #99
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-LLC View Post
Good to hear, looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription if it was good and interesting. I'd also like to see some variety in the articles instead of the constant model review, how to make an airport, etc.
That's exactly what is going inside the magazine - Model Airports, Custom Making, Custom pics, A look back at some older models and comparisons, competitions to win models, retailer reviews and deals. Gemini Jets weren't too keen on too many reviews either so I am taking that into consideration

First test issue is looking likely to be FREE but after that I will evaluate subscriptions etc. It's hard to gauge how it will go at this stage.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #100
RJ Captain

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated

Quote:
That's exactly what is going inside the magazine - Model Airports, Custom Making, Custom pics, A look back at some older models and comparisons, competitions to win models, retailer reviews and deals. Gemini Jets weren't too keen on too many reviews either so I am taking that into consideration

First test issue is looking likely to be FREE but after that I will evaluate subscriptions etc. It's hard to gauge how it will go at this stage.
well i can tell you one thing that there will be a good turnout! this is the perfect place to discuss it!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #101
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

I can see something good coming here. I have seen the website and I couldn't believe that Nathan had made it. He is clearly determined to make this a success and if the effort is put in, it will be!

I will wait for him to post links to share with everyone, but it's looking very hopeful so far!

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #102
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

Just curious why Gemini didn't want product reviews. Sure as with any review there is likely to be criticism, but it could help them figure out what to improve literally for free.
Also, I agree with having a free PDF at first, but I would be most interested in a print version in the long run, which I know you're carefully considering, just wanted to add my two cents.
Thanks.

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9

Last edited by DeltaFan; 12-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #103
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Where's the link to the website?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #104
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Where's the link to the website?
Will post it up soon once I have made a few final tweeks.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #105
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFan View Post
Just curious why Gemini didn't want product reviews. Sure as with any review there is likely to be criticism, but it could help them figure out what to improve literally for free.
Also, I agree with having a free PDF at first, but I would be most interested in a print version in the long run, which I know you're carefully considering, just wanted to add my two cents.
Thanks.
They still want reviews - just well constructed ones that benefit the company. Goes without saying though I suppose. I highly doubt anyone will be nasty towards the releases.

Yes, downloaded version will be the first 'test' edition then it will hopefully go to print if the feedback and interest is good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: