A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #76
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

When should we start writing?
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #77
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
This is a great idea. Except for WingsWorld, there aren't so many airplane models magazines, so it would be very interesting and useful.
Tell me if and how could i help you to develop your idea.
Thanks Charter. Would be a pleasure to have you on board too.
Working hard on all this so hoping to get something in place very soon!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #78
RJ Second Officer

Crisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributorCrisdean is a good contributor

Would be willing to help in writing. Could write about my Herpa models or whatever. But I think that a print issue is too early. Why not use an interactive PDF with integrated or linked YouTube/Vimeo videos? Pay per issue using PayPal. Should be cheaper for the start shouldn't it?

If the magazine was accepted and gained momentum it might as well go into print. But for the start fully digital would be best in my opinion. And maybe more realistic.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #79
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post
Would be willing to help in writing. Could write about my Herpa models or whatever. But I think that a print issue is too early. Why not use an interactive PDF with integrated or linked YouTube/Vimeo videos? Pay per issue using PayPal. Should be cheaper for the start shouldn't it?

If the magazine was accepted and gained momentum it might as well go into print. But for the start fully digital would be best in my opinion. And maybe more realistic.
I Fully agree with you.... It would be a much cheaper and the print version could be developed continuously..
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #80
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

I agree with the digital version. Perhaps in the future you can print a "special edition" like Airliner World
does.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #81
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
Full

I Fully agree with you.... It would be a much cheaper and the print version could be developed continuously..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1031 View Post
I agree with the digital version. Perhaps in the future you can print a "special edition" like Airliner World
does.
Thanks guys for your support and kind words.

Yes, I think you could be right. I am so involved in this whole project at the moment that maybe I do need to think about a PDF online version for the first edition. This way, we can gauge what the response is.

Website should be up soon so you can all see the idea coming to life.

Cheers
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #82
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Thanks guys for your support and kind words.

Yes, I think you could be right. I am so involved in this whole project at the moment that maybe I do need to think about a PDF online version for the first edition. This way, we can gauge what the response is.

Website should be up soon so you can all see the idea coming to life.

Cheers
Sounds great Nathan - I can't wait to see it! And yes, I do agree with the others - starting off as a PDF is probably the best idea. That way, people just download it - and you don't have the job of printing and posting which would be a big job.

I use 1and1 for hosting, and there is an option to sell an item as a download:
Downloadable items information - Aircraft Model Store

As the customer pays, they can download it immediately
Who are you using for hosting the website?

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.

Last edited by herpacollectorUK; 12-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #83
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpacollectorUK View Post
Sounds great Nathan - I can't wait to see it! And yes, I do agree with the others - starting off as a PDF is probably the best idea. That way, people just download it - and you don't have the job of printing and posting which would be a big job.

I use 1and1 for hosting, and there is an option to sell an item as a download:
Downloadable items information - Aircraft Model Store

As the customer pays, they can download it immediately
Who are you using for hosting the website?
Thanks Ben. Very true with the posting thing. Thanks for the link to 1&1. Will look into that.
I currently use 000webhost.com - I have about 20 websites on there with no issues as yet. Great service.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #84
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Thanks Ben. Very true with the posting thing. Thanks for the link to 1&1. Will look into that.
I currently use 000webhost.com - I have about 20 websites on there with no issues as yet. Great service.
Well that's good, I look forward to seeing it. I am interested to know how you will market it, because there will be a limit to the number of people who will buy it on W900.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #85
UK Model Retailer

I just found an interesting, user friendly and easy way of distributing your eBook. I just made a test, and I thought it was quite impressive:
https://payhip.com/b/JQWi

It's www.payhip.com.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #86
1/400 Collector

Very interesting indeed! Thanks for the link Ben.

Yes, promo will be tough but maybe looking at placing a quarter page ad in Airliner World for one month to see what that brings in.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #87
RJ Captain

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated

wow payhip is a great way to do it!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #88
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginaustralia787 View Post
wow payhip is a great way to do it!
I agree! Looks good
Old 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #89
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

And have you thaught about the price??
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #90
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
And have you thaught about the price??
Not yet. Would vary hugely if it was just download edition to start with.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: