A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #31
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFan View Post
My airport is nearly complete, but I was also talking of writing individual features. For example terminals, ground foils, hotels, etc. Thanks.
Yes, that would be a great idea. It would be perfect within the magazine
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #32
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Oh,I know exactly what I should do! What about an OG NG comparison, breaking down the mould, paint details, engine, plastic/metal parts, and provide pictures and diagrams!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Oh,I know exactly what I should do! What about an OG NG comparison, breaking down the mould, paint details, engine, plastic/metal parts, and provide pictures and diagrams!
Sounds like a good idea to me Any tips etc would be ideal for other collectors

Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Ok, you should keep track of what people want to do. I'll also edit if you want me to.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Ok, you should keep track of what people want to do. I'll also edit if you want me to.
That's all in hand here. Just the articles will bring this all to life. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
ATP Captain

So, when should we start the articles?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #37
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

I think it would be a great idea. In the United States Barnes & Noble would be your best distribution other than subscriptions. They are a major bookseller with brick and morter stores.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
1/400 Collector

Quote:
So, when should we start the articles?
I need to iron out all the printing quotes and distribution firstly which I am currently on the case with at the moment. I have a meeting tomorrow about it. Article submissions for consideration will come a bit later once business plan is all approved.

Exciting times!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #39
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1031 View Post
I think it would be a great idea. In the United States Barnes & Noble would be your best distribution other than subscriptions. They are a major bookseller with brick and morter stores.
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, Barnes and Noble is a good choice. Same applies for Chapters/Indigo in Canada but not so sure they sell magazine these days. My research will define which stores to target. Subscription would be a good starting point I think to gauge the interest. Then there is the big question of 48 or 96 pages!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #40
ATP Captain

Yes, Chapters Indigo would be a good place to sell, but I think it would be hard to get into.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #41
RJ Captain

cyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radarcyhupilot is flying under the radar

Sounds very interesting. Hope it works out !
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #42
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Btw... Have you thaught about the name... What about the design..?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #43
RJ Captain

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated

will it be available from here in australia? will there be a subscription?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #44
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Who would be interested in a magazine dedicated to 1/200, 1,250, 1/400, 1/500 and 1/600 diecast commercial airliners?

It would include the following:
- Reviews on latest releases in conjunction with Herpa, GJ, Phoenix etc with detailed pics
- Model airport features
- How to build a custom
- Shop and Dealer offers
- Win 50 voucher to spend on any models
- Full feature on particular aircraft types
plus lots more

I would be willing to pay those who contribute articles (either with paypal payment or models to say thanks)

I am currently in talks with a distributor to place magazine in places like Walmart, Airports, Model Shops, WHSmiths etc however, this could start out as a mail order only edition to start with.
Sounds interesting, but in this day and age, I'd rather consider an online version.

1) You are looking at a global audience, so shipping can be quite a cost factor.

2) We're so used to reading news on the WWW on a daily basis (or almost) that a monthly publication would have a hard time keeping up. For example, by the time a detailed model review would be written, typeset, printed, and shipped, the model might well be sold out
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #45
Second Officer

kartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast icon

i think it's a great idea. We can make it all together (helping you). You have to remember that it's not as easy as we may think. But i keep my fingers crossed for this project!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: