A new model airliner magazine..... - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #136
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog
Re: A new model airliner magazine.....

Or the articles he would choose would be up to par with the average magazines standard.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #137
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
I can't tell if you're implying they will use perfect grammar and spelling, or if you're going to edit the hell out of the articles to a standard worthy of a magazine.
Edit the hell out of it
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #138
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I can't tell if you're implying they will use perfect grammar and spelling, or if you're going to edit the hell out of the articles to a standard worthy of a magazine.
Typos slip through in every single magazine once in a while. Wheather it's a comma missing, a missing letter, an extra dot or whatever. Sometimes they slip through. It's something that can't be avoided.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #139
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

I think he may be referring to articles written by younger members with little experience in writing magazine pieces. There is a certain art to doing it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #140
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Ah. I got caught on the spelling part.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #141
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

When's the first issue going to be released? When are articles going to be submitted?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #142
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
When's the first issue going to be released? When are articles going to be submitted?
Aiming for mid January 2013. You can submit anything you like through the website. If it is suitable it will certainly be considered for this issue or a future one.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #143
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
He's hoping January 2013 if I'm not wrong.
By the way MYT, congrats on 3000 posts.

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #144
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
Aiming for mid January 2013. You can submit anything you like through the website. If it is suitable it will certainly be considered for this issue or a future one.
I'll see if i can make a review or something just to try.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #145
ATP Captain

I'm going to start writing my article on business jets in 1:500 scale.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #146
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I have seen the website and i have some considerations to do.
There aren't so many airplane models and airport layouts magazines, but there are many websites where to find everything possible; i think that Nathan had a great idea and he was able to realize something of very original in a World where you can find everything just with a click.
The magazine is very original and eye catching, it is easy to navigate. I think he done a real miracle with this magazine and each of us must help him to improve it, also because this is our World!
The last thing: we all should be encouraging and supportive for the right success of the project.
Bravo Nathan!!!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #147
1/400 Collector

Thank you Charter for your very kind words. I am overwhelmed by all the support from you guys on here. Thanks. Another full day for me putting all this together.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #148
ATP Captain

I just sent in my article.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #149
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

I've just seen this thread. I'd be very interested in writing. Not sure what on but I've been collecting for 10yrs and been all over the world to get the planes so sure I could find something interesting to write about. I think this is a great idea.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #150
1/400 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
I've just seen this thread. I'd be very interested in writing. Not sure what on but I've been collecting for 10yrs and been all over the world to get the planes so sure I could find something interesting to write about. I think this is a great idea.
That would be great! Your 10 year experience will no doubt offer up some good articles. Thanks for your kind words.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: