Aircraft drawings - Page 14 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #196
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aircraft drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
When my teacher told me she loved the 787 I felt a little bit angry...
Dude, come on. Seriously?

Quote:
Oh, and too everyone who finds them "quiet from the ground" I can promise you, they are NOT! After comparing the sounds of a 767 and 777s/787s/748s I can tell you while Boeing's newer planes have an annoying high bass roar, (seriously I cannot even watch plane spotting videos of them any more I am so tired of their noise...) 767s are almost as quite and have a much less annoying whine
Can i just ask, how exactly did you compare the sounds? Did you do it by ear or did you have an actual decibel meter?
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2015, 03:06 AM   #197
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
And Leo I am sorry to say their are a lot of people who find the 747 a "less comfortable" plane then the 777! Are they crazy? Would they rather be cramped into a glorified domestic plane for 15 hours instead of in a HUGE plane spread out over two decks! BA used to have only 299 seats in the 747 making for a very comfortable experience I presume, now they have not only increased capacity but also started cramming MORE seats into 77Ws! When my teacher told me she loved the 787 I felt a little bit angry...

Oh, and too everyone who finds them "quiet from the ground" I can promise you, they are NOT! After comparing the sounds of a 767 and 777s/787s/748s I can tell you while Boeing's newer planes have an annoying high bass roar, (seriously I cannot even watch plane spotting videos of them any more I am so tired of their noise...) 767s are almost as quite and have a much less annoying whine

But let's answer your post:
It is normal that many people will prefer the 777 because as it is a more modern plane it will mostly also have a more modern cabin. The Y cabin of BA's and AF's 747 for exemple is old which means that eg the entertainement system will be much older (which means bad quality movies and less content) than in modern 777's. UA 744 doesn't even offer an IFE for transpacific flights! Plus a 777 in a 9-seat/row configuration is IMO more comfortable than a 747 (even if I really love the 747!)

Many people loves the 787... Well, you don't and that's your right but you must respect what other people think! The 787 is a technologicaly amazing airplane and many consider it as one if the 3 most beautiful airliners!
As for the sound problem, use a DB meter first instead of random impressions!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #198
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

What can I say? Wingslover is correct
The modern passenger might prefer the 777 because the technology onboard (IFE, etc) must be much bigger than on a 747-400, for example. But that all depends about the airline...

About the 787: I love it
I love all Boeing planes, even if sometimes I feel mad about the 777 because it replaces the 747 most of the times

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: