What are you addicted to? - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #46
RJ Captain

MiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dogMiniRyan is a top dog
Re: What are you addicted to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpacollectorUK View Post
Okay well here are why I would buy each device (barely for the branding):

iPad vs other tablets:
iOS is straightforward to use
iOS always runs fast and smooth
App Store is well ahead other app stores such as the Android and BlackBerry stores.
Quality design.
Excellent customer service

iPhone vs other smartphones:
Same as iPad (see above)

iPods vs other MP3 players:
iOS is straightforward to use
iOS always runs fast and smooth
App Store is well ahead other app stores (iPod Touch only)
Quality/ unique design.
First MP3 player released

Mac vs other computers/laptops:
Most of the time run smoother than other laptops/computers
Doesn't seem to slow down after owning for a while and adding files + software
Can't get viruses
Quality design
Pretty easy to get used to

Of course there are the disadvantages to Apple though... iTunes, software availability for Mac and pricing.
Following up on my addiction to contradiction, I must inform you that Apple products have a high failure rate. Our household has owned Apple products for two decades. The failure rates have risen over time and are at the highest in the past 3 years. If you need some anecdotal evidence, you can visit any Apple store near you and observe over a day how many people go to the genius bar. These are nearly all for Apple product failures. I myself have replaced 3 iPhone 4's in the past 2 years. The latest has a bluetooth connection problem and I've decided to live with it rather than to gamble with what could be wrong with the next replacement. Each of our Mac's have suffered from hard drive failures within the first year of its life. The OS has degraded since OS X was first introduced.

Apple is the only company where you have to talk to one of it's genius' to resolve problems with its own products. I think that's a pretty blatant insult to consumers that few people catch on to. That reflects how Steve Jobs felt about people, that they are dumb. Another food for thought. Apple products are high cost to consumers in part reflects their high replacement rates and is offset by their high margins.

So we own Apple products in part because we are addicted to good industrial designs which Apple succeeds in doing. OS X was a marvel as well, but I've always been a Unix fan.

P.S. iOS only runs fast and smooth on its debut device. Subsequent OS upgrades to our devices run poorly. That's another reason to buy the next Apple product.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
A three pages thread and anyone say "P*SSY"..... ???? ... I DO !

Lollo
I never expected to see that!
Flight fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #48
RJ Captain

NKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
I never expected to see that!
Exactly!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #49
banned

queen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributorqueen_of_the_skies is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollomz View Post
A three pages thread and anyone say "P*SSY"..... ???? ... I DO !

Lollo
Thats a bit cringey : / and no.
queen_of_the_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniRyan View Post
Following up on my addiction to contradiction, I must inform you that Apple products have a high failure rate. Our household has owned Apple products for two decades. The failure rates have risen over time and are at the highest in the past 3 years. If you need some anecdotal evidence, you can visit any Apple store near you and observe over a day how many people go to the genius bar. These are nearly all for Apple product failures. I myself have replaced 3 iPhone 4's in the past 2 years. The latest has a bluetooth connection problem and I've decided to live with it rather than to gamble with what could be wrong with the next replacement. Each of our Mac's have suffered from hard drive failures within the first year of its life. The OS has degraded since OS X was first introduced.

Apple is the only company where you have to talk to one of it's genius' to resolve problems with its own products. I think that's a pretty blatant insult to consumers that few people catch on to. That reflects how Steve Jobs felt about people, that they are dumb. Another food for thought. Apple products are high cost to consumers in part reflects their high replacement rates and is offset by their high margins.

So we own Apple products in part because we are addicted to good industrial designs which Apple succeeds in doing. OS X was a marvel as well, but I've always been a Unix fan.

P.S. iOS only runs fast and smooth on its debut device. Subsequent OS upgrades to our devices run poorly. That's another reason to buy the next Apple product.
You have some fair points there. I have never had any problems though. And you are 100% correct about the OS upgrades on old devices running poorly...

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: