I have been promoted - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby
Re: I have been promoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
You need to read my post two above this. This is another FSX'er living in fantasy land. It's an insult to any pilot.
So you're saying he's lying? It doesn't seem like it....

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

I thought SLC was at an elevation of around 4200 feet?

Last edited by MD11Freighter; 09-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #33
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
So you're saying he's lying? It doesn't seem like it....
Chances are pretty high he may be. In my years here, I have seen my fair share of "Junior Captains", and that is for me has really caused me to take anyone who is claiming to be a pilot around this board with a grain of salt about the size of my car.

He could be honest to god telling the truth, of course, that is why Dylan is posting here, he is very good at outing frauds and is usually the one who knows just the right things to say and ask. In my time here, he had likely outed at least 5 or 6 frauds (though one of them was obvious, saying he was flying 757s for AA before they even had their first ones.) Dylan outs them by finding some small, but obvious inconsistencies that the "Pilot" should know off the top of their head.

People who go around impersonating airline pilots on these boards are really at the same level as people who go around impersonating military officers, or even police officers on forums of those specific interests. Not only is it classless and rather disrespectful to those who wear the uniform, it is also a great way to kill your cred amongst the community, and make you quite the unwelcome, and untrustable sight around the forum.

Consider yourself warned md11crj700, Dylan has a very fine tuned Bull**** detector on these things. If you are telling the truth, he'll get off your case, but if you're lying, it only builds from there, and other members start to catch on that otherwise wouldn't have. If you are not telling the truth here, you may be better off coming out right away.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #34
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Chances are pretty high he may be. In my years here, I have seen my fair share of "Junior Captains", and that is for me has really caused me to take anyone who is claiming to be a pilot around this board with a grain of salt about the size of my car.

He could be honest to god telling the truth, of course, that is why Dylan is posting here, he is very good at outing frauds and is usually the one who knows just the right things to say and ask. In my time here, he had likely outed at least 5 or 6 frauds (though one of them was obvious, saying he was flying 757s for AA before they even had their first ones.) Dylan outs them by finding some small, but obvious inconsistencies that the "Pilot" should know off the top of their head.

People who go around impersonating airline pilots on these boards are really at the same level as people who go around impersonating military officers, or even police officers on forums of those specific interests. Not only is it classless and rather disrespectful to those who wear the uniform, it is also a great way to kill your cred amongst the community, and make you quite the unwelcome, and untrustable sight around the forum.

Consider yourself warned md11crj700, Dylan has a very fine tuned Bull**** detector on these things. If you are telling the truth, he'll get off your case, but if you're lying, it only builds from there, and other members start to catch on that otherwise wouldn't have. If you are not telling the truth here, you may be better off coming out right away.
I see what you mean, and I completely agree. If his mistake is simply stating the wrong elevation of the SLC airfield (which anybody can get from Wikipedia), it doesn't really have to do with the airline or his "captain" position but I suppose it could still be enough considering that is supposed to be his base. And, of course, the fairly short length of time it took for him to supposedly become a captain.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #35
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

well, maybe someone should ask the kid about his age
Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #36
Second Officer

Dylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dog

DeltaDude: this kid IS lying. I'll say it again...the most junior captain was hired in 2006 and is based in Chicago. He has said other inconsistencies that have left me scratching my head.

Being in SLC myself, I have many friends I went to school or flight training with that are now employed by SkyWest. I am VERY familiar with their operation. I could ask this kid many questions that he wouldn't have answers to to further prove it, but trust me, we won't be hearing from this FSX captain again regarding this matter.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
First Officer

BWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dog

If he's being truthful, then congratulations are in order. If not, that's sad. That's the beauty of the internet forums. You have to weed thru all the bull***t. It's easy to be anything you want to be behind a keyboard! I have a feeling Dylan may have this one figured out!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #38
RJ Second Officer

md11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting started

Excuse me, I just came online and saw my thread had been bumped up again, but not with a congratulations on my achievement, but with some low life trying to tell everyone that I am not indeed a SkyWest Captain, but an impersonator who wishes they were a captain. I find that quite insulting. As well, this person sent an email to my personal email address, not to enquire, but to accuse me of fraud before even asking a question! I will have everyone on this forum know, I have flown airplanes since before I could drive a car, I was hired by SkyWest airlines, and have faithfully served skywest airlines as a first officer before being promoted to the position of Captain. You could argue about it all you want but it's just fact! I'm a Captain at SkyWest Airlines. In fact I don't even own a copy of fsx or any flight simulator for that matter, I fly real planes! (plus collect models of real planes) So please, stop accusing me and go do something productive. I don't want any problems on this forum, I use it because I enjoy collecting models in my spare time. I just thought I would share something exciting that happened in my life, that was very important to me with all of you here who share my interest in aviation. That's all. So can we move on with out any more issues?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by md11crj700 View Post
Excuse me, I just came online and saw my thread had been bumped up again, but not with a congratulations on my achievement, but with some low life trying to tell everyone that I am not indeed a SkyWest Captain, but an impersonator who wishes they were a captain. I find that quite insulting. As well, this person sent an email to my personal email address, not to enquire, but to accuse me of fraud before even asking a question! I will have everyone on this forum know, I have flown airplanes since before I could drive a car, I was hired by SkyWest airlines, and have faithfully served skywest airlines as a first officer before being promoted to the position of Captain. You could argue about it all you want but it's just fact! I'm a Captain at SkyWest Airlines. In fact I don't even own a copy of fsx or any flight simulator for that matter, I fly real planes! (plus collect models of real planes) So please, stop accusing me and go do something productive. I don't want any problems on this forum, I use it because I enjoy collecting models in my spare time. I just thought I would share something exciting that happened in my life, that was very important to me with all of you here who share my interest in aviation. That's all. So can we move on with out any more issues?
Dylan ain't no imposter, he had given us more than enough proof that he is a pilot, not to mention all the people that personally met him between W900, DAC, 400SH and the Buzz. Granted, he may not an AIRLINE pilot, like you claim to be, but flies private planes for a living (Dylan, you still flying the PC-12s?) Also to be honest, I don't think he envies your airline pilot position, He seems to be a whole lot more satisfied in his current position.

Dylan also knows MANY pilots in the profession, and around various airlines in the US. If he he has his doubts, he will make sure you either give him the proof that you are for real or you better come up quick (although his sources at your airline seem to suggest that the last person to earn their fourth stripe was in 2006. So either they have not kept up with the times (unlikely) or you're the one who is the imposter). The last few cases of "pilots" that were not we have were easily busted, and after they gave a similar fight to the one they got banned. I should give you another hand, if you are faking, Dylan has made it a procedure to bust fakes by even posting everything short of their address and personal phone number(s). Don't believe me? Try to look up cases of other people impersonating pilots.

I am a person who tends to give the benefit of the doubt, and if you actually are a Captain at Skywest, I'll apologize right away for posting my suspicions. Remember, we have had a lot of similar impostors over the years (with the last major one I remember being some 13 year old who claimed to be a 59 year old Cathay 777 pilot that started out at AA on the 757 in 1983), so if you don't think that a lot of the older members are actually very skeptical, you may want to think again. The younger members, not so much since they haven't been on long enough to see it.

If you are a fraud, well, I'm just going to say it would confirm a lot of the suspicions we have had. If it makes you feel better that Dylan wasn't the only one, I have had many people (who I am not going to name) ask me personally if I thought you were for real. Since I don't have the experience or connections that Dylan does, and you didn't leave any obvious bubbles that many older cases did (such as flying a type years before the airline had them) I stayed quiet until someone more knowledgeable would chime in. One thing Dylan did say, that made sense is the fast rise from FO to Captain. I read a lot online about actual pilots who spent years before they graduated to Captain in the modern era.

Anyways, you can say it is fact, just like I could say I have my BSAE already, a kickass 50k+ job at a banging upstart, and finally got my GAZ 21 and a neat house with the ultimate lady for my life, but it doesn't make any of that true.

What Dylan, and we want is concrete proof. You don't have to post it on the public parts, you could likely talk it out with Dylan or even one of the mods/admin with the proof.

Problem is, we have seen so many frauds that anyone who comes out and says "I'm a pilot" is just asking to be tackled.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Lay off. Do you really thnk he cares to give you everything ever about his pilot life?

P.s. Congrats!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #41
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam340 View Post
Lay off. Do you really thnk he cares to give you everything ever about his pilot life?

P.s. Congrats!
Here is the thing, we have seen many impostors, and we don't take kindly, so before someone comes out, we really would like to know if he is, as we don't like fakes, it is disrespectful to those who actually do the job for a living, not to mention a great way to give out inaccurate information and a license to bull**** (note that decreases the quality of the forum, another thing we do not take kindly to.)

I'm just going to say, it could be worse, he could be saying he just became a navy seal and post similar mistakes that a seal in his area would know. And those guys really don't take kindly to fakes, they have something similar out there to the Jumpseat Protection List, with the names, addresses everything you can name about that person who was faking.

This is just our basic skeptic side talking here.

I just wish that this forum would have a system in place to keep these things from coming down to this. Sorta like how some military themed forums (even Ace Combat Skies) have certain protections to make sure people are not lying about serving in the military.

Actually, md11crj700, I have a great idea, because I really would like to put this to a rest quickly as anyone else, but as truthfully as possible, and without you having to give away a lot of information. Do you think that it could be possible that you could post a picture of yourself in the cockpit holding a sign that has your username on it? Just saying so, as I can't think of a better way to show us you've made it than showing us wearing your 4 stripes while doing your job, and it shouldn't take too much time. I assure you, most everyone here who is showing doubt about you being a pilot or not will back off, and even add in their congrats.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
Flight Student

TFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Here is the thing, we have seen many impostors, and we don't take kindly, so before someone comes out, we really would like to know if he is, as we don't like fakes, it is disrespectful to those who actually do the job for a living, not to mention a great way to give out inaccurate information and a license to bull**** (note that decreases the quality of the forum, another thing we do not take kindly to.)

I'm just going to say, it could be worse, he could be saying he just became a navy seal and post similar mistakes that a seal in his area would know. And those guys really don't take kindly to fakes, they have something similar out there to the Jumpseat Protection List, with the names, addresses everything you can name about that person who was faking.

This is just our basic skeptic side talking here.

I just wish that this forum would have a system in place to keep these things from coming down to this. Sorta like how some military themed forums (even Ace Combat Skies) have certain protections to make sure people are not lying about serving in the military.

Actually, md11crj700, I have a great idea, because I really would like to put this to a rest quickly as anyone else, but as truthfully as possible, and without you having to give away a lot of information. Do you think that it could be possible that you could post a picture of yourself in the cockpit holding a sign that has your username on it? Just saying so, as I can't think of a better way to show us you've made it than showing us wearing your 4 stripes while doing your job, and it shouldn't take too much time. I assure you, most everyone here who is showing doubt about you being a pilot or not will back off, and even add in their congrats.
That is a good idea.
Anyway, I don't know to much about this, as I'm still kinda young, but, I though being a captain took a long long time to be, like at least 10 years or something? But I'm probably wrong, so i'll just stop here.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #43
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFdude15 View Post
That is a good idea.
Anyway, I don't know to much about this, as I'm still kinda young, but, I though being a captain took a long long time to be, like at least 10 years or something? But I'm probably wrong, so i'll just stop here.
It depends on the airline, some do it with seniority (and trust me, when airlines merge, that can really screw over some guys in the less fortunate camp as it can put them under the other airline's most junior guys for a captain slot sometimes).

I read with most mainline guys, a typical wait is around a decade or two before going from FO to Captain. Regionals it can take anywhere from 2-10 years. But it depends on the airline, aircraft type and a few other variables.

Perhaps someone actually in the industry can really elaborate more on this.

I guess that, and the fact he did claim a regional rather than a mainline or even a megacarrier like CX or EK is why I give him some benefit of the doubt here and trying to find ways for him to easily show us to put our suspicions to rest. Sorry md11crj if this is putting somewhat of a lemon on your day. We're just quite the skeptical bunch for reasons I listed above, but I hope that you understand we're also quite a friendly bunch that isn't afraid to admit we were wrong too.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #44
Second Officer

Dylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dogDylan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by md11crj700 View Post
In fact I don't even own a copy of fsx or any flight simulator for that matter, I fly real planes!
From this 2010 thread: http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...tml#post334685

Quote:
I also ski, speed skate, Fly a Cessna, "work" for a VA in fsx, Dirt Bike, Plane spot, and a lot more
Kid, are you actually believing your own lie? You are not a captain for anything other than FSX and that's a fact. In order to be a Captain on the CRJ at SkyWest, you would have needed to have been hired before May of 2006, and that wouldn't even get you SLC as a base....that's a FACT. If you are a Skywest captain as you claim, maybe you would be willing to answer some questions I have for you to prove it. Remember, these questions won't have answers on Wiki.

Stop making a fool out of yourself and all the other uneducated kids on here.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #45
Delta Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Wow, great find! B-U-S-T-E-D!

Although I suppose it's possible that he got rid of FSX and doesn't work for a VA anymore....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: