I have been promoted - Page 13 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #181
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: I have been promoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
I hope you were being sarcastic here.
He killed people, I failed to understand how the hell does that make him a funny killer.
Of course i was sarcastic. But the real tragedy is that he did not go to a jail: he had just some months of "home arrest", and now he is a free citizen. The main problem is not Schettino (who, for me, should stay 20 years breaking stones eating bread and drinking water) but the country he is living in: Italy and its unjust laws.
Last night i was watching an old episode of the "David Letterman Show" and he was just talking about Schettino and his lies, laughing on what he said about his "escaping" from the vessel: i feeled humiliated and sad as Italian.
I used the word "funny" because i think that there isn't a country in the rest of the World where, if a man do what Schettino did, is able to invent an excuse like his.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 09-09-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #182
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
i feeled humiliated and sad as Italian.
There's no need Charter,just because he's Italian doesn't mean all are the same..People react in different ways to situations all over the world,some are hero's and others leg it...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 09-09-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #183
banned

Brussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributorBrussels Airlines is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Of course i was sarcastic. But the real tragedy is that he did not go to a jail: he had just some months of "home arrest", and now he is a free citizen. The main problem is not Schettino (who, for me, should stay 20 years breaking stones eating bread and drinking water) but the country he is living in: Italy and its unjust laws.
Last night i was watching an old episode of the "David Letterman Show" and he was just talking about Schettino and his lies, laughing on what he said about his "escaping" from the vessel: i feeled humiliated and sad as Italian.
I used the word "funny" because i think that there isn't a country in the rest of the World where, if a man do what Schettino did, is able to invent an excuse like his.
I have cruise onboard of the Costa Atlantica with the capitain Giacommo Longo and he was very professional

Old 09-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #184
Skyteam!

Fly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Can we lock this thread now before another Argument start's
Agreed, this thread is better locked up and put to rest. I think who wanted to make their point made their point, and an apology was made. Will the admins please lock this thread?

^500 scale please
DeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDelta
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-22996.html
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #185
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Okey Charter. I thought it was one of those Italian Black Humor.
Your Italian Govt. couldn't be more ridiculous. I would have thought that they would skin him alive for leaving his passengers and watch them die from a safe distance on the Island.

Don't be sad, If I was a Norwegian, just like Breivik who killed those innocent young group, I wouldn't be sad or feel bad about my nationality because of the action of one stupid man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Delta Jets View Post
Agreed, this thread is better locked up and put to rest. I think who wanted to make their point made their point, and an apology was made. Will the admins please lock this thread?
No, We'll keep it in the Forum. To show WannaBe Pilots that no one get's past the bottleneck un-noticed!

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #186
Flight Student

TFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributor

Quote:
No, We'll keep it in the Forum. To show WannaBe Pilots that no one get's past the bottleneck un-noticed!
I like that idea. Hopefully this won't happen again. But I wouldn't count on it though.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #187
Skyteam!

Fly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dogFly Delta Jets is a top dog

Quote:
Fair enough, I just didn't want to get an argument erupting on this thread and creating a snowball effect.

^500 scale please
DeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDeltaDelta
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-22996.html
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #188
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Okey Charter. I thought it was one of those Italian Black Humor.
Your Italian Govt. couldn't be more ridiculous. I would have thought that they would skin him alive for leaving his passengers and watch them die from a safe distance on the Island.

Don't be sad, If I was a Norwegian, just like Breivik who killed those innocent young group, I wouldn't be sad or feel bad about my nationality because of the action of one stupid man.

I understand what you mean, my friend, but also if i'm Italian i'm much more vindictive and respectful of the rules than you think! I personally don't like my country and the majority of the Italians! We have the habit to lie about everything, and i have written some examples; unfortunately we are the clowns of the world and we have little credibility. But it is explained also for what happened with Costa Concordia: many people died, from all over the World, and this time i hoped that my Government, almost for one time in the Italian life, my government would set an example of honesty and seriousness in the eyes of the world, with an exemplary sentence. Nothing to do. Not a day of jail. It is disarming.
There are lies, and lies: there are those who say "i have been promoted Captain pilot (while he isn't)" and who is a Captain of a ship handling 5.000 people and who escapes first from the sinking vessel, saying that he wanted to stay on the ship coordinating the evacuation but he stumbled felling in a lifeboat with the baggage and his girlfriend! Also if there were no death, i would have killed him just for the lie!
Norway: the nazi killed almost 100 people, but they gave him the maximum sentence, for a country who never seen something like that.
Italy's recent history is full of massacres (communist and fascist terrorism of years 80, massacres ordered by the State itself), and hardly have been found guilty: lies, lies and more lies, the lie risen to rule the State at the highest levels!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #189
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Norway: the nazi killed almost 100 people, but they gave him the maximum sentence, for a country who never seen something like that.
I've actually, kind of, followed that trial. They were dumb enough to give him what he wanted: prison. If i was in charge i would've given him a a life sentence of psychiatric aid(?) just to piss him off and give him what he deserved. He is a psycho.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #190
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
If i was in charge i would've given him a a life sentence of psychiatric aid(?) just to piss him off and give him what he deserved. He is a psycho.
Let's be thankful you aren't in charge.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #191
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
I've actually, kind of, followed that trial. They were dumb enough to give him what he wanted: prison. If i was in charge i would've given him a a life sentence of psychiatric aid(?) just to piss him off and give him what he deserved. He is a psycho.
I'd have been amazed if he'd been found insane due to the amount of planning he must have put into it ...Although i think he had 21 years?,as far as i'm concerned that isn't anywhere near enough....

1939 - 2011
Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #192
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Let's be thankful you aren't in charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
I'd have been amazed if he'd been found insane due to the amount of planning he must have put into it ...Although i think he had 21 years?,as far as i'm concerned that isn't anywhere near enough....
I guess i wasn't exactly clear on what i meant: giving him prison made him consider himself a martyr. He didn't consider himself insane, he considered himself a "hero of Norway" if i remember correctly.

He didn't want to get psychiatric aid as he wanted to become a martyr. Why let him get his way? He's not a hero, he's a killer. Insane or not is up to each and every individual. I think he's insane and that 21 years in prison is far from enough. Maybe i wouldn't give him just prison or just psychiatric aid, but maybe both for the same amount of time.

Ok, maybe i wouldn't do it just to piss him off, but i wouldn't make him a martyr. I don't think killers should get what they want, regardless of what it is.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #193
Master ATP Captain

I know what you mean Flight,if he wanted to be insane he could quite easily gone to the island,but plotting to plant the bomb is premeditation....

1939 - 2011
Old 09-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #194
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
I know what you mean Flight,if he wanted to be insane he could quite easily gone to the island,but plotting to plant the bomb is premeditation....
Good point, i guess.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: