Aviation Books - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog
Thumbs up Aviation Books

Along with our model aircraft and magazines, I think of my aviation books as part of my collection as well. They are always to just pick up and read on a rainy day (just like my 'library' of magazines) and whenever I read them (especially the Pilots Knowledge Guide) I always learn something new. Do you own aviation books and have a passion for them like I do? If so you can feel free to post pictures of them on here.

Here are a few of mine:
The JP Airline Fleet(2008-2009: $39 @ AVWorld & 2010-2011 for FREE @ the YYZ Airliner Show) and my favourite book of all time: The Pilot's Guide to Aeronautical Knowledge.

Next I have my airline books.
The 1997 edition, 2003 edition and 2006 edition along with Airlines Remembered from 2000. The are GREAT books even if they are a little outdated.

And the Airline Recognition Guide and an amazing aircraft guide.

I have a few more hardcover ones that I will post later this week .
UA-DL-AA-US is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Feeding my wanderlust

sba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
Next I have my airline books.
The 1997 edition, 2003 edition and 2006 edition along with Airlines Remembered from 2000. The are GREAT books even if they are a little outdated.
Wow! I want all of these I have about 10, mostly Morris and Wagner's books... unfortunately most of them are at my house in CCS.... with me at MIA I only have like 3 I'll post pics
sba757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog
Thumbs up Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba757 View Post
Wow! I want all of these I have about 10, mostly Morris and Wagner's books... unfortunately most of them are at my house in CCS.... with me at MIA I only have like 3 I'll post pics
They are great books! They have 350 and more pages each. I got them all off Amazon.com so if you check there they might have some left Also tomorrow I can post a picture of the inside if you want. It hives contact information, a description and fleet. Each airline takes up one page. I definatey recommend these books for sure!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
1:200!

Boeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting started

What is JP airliner fleet?
Boeing 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Feeding my wanderlust

sba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
They are great books! They have 350 and more pages each. I got them all off Amazon.com so if you check there they might have some left Also tomorrow I can post a picture of the inside if you want. It hives contact information, a description and fleet. Each airline takes up one page. I definatey recommend these books for sure!
That would be awesome!! Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Senior Captain

Thumbs up Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing 737-300 View Post
What is JP airliner fleet?
Its got all the registrations of all the airlines in the world. It includes date of production, date delivered, production number, configuration, ex. Reg. If there was one and many more things. Its a great book to look up registrations of model planes and from when you go spotting. If you want i can also take a pic of the inside for you?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
people's been to space

JanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dog

I have a few books. One is Miracle on the Hudson, another 30 Seconds to Impact. There are a few more but I'm planning on buying more.

Check out the Aeropuerto de Rayo!

Add your airports to the Airports of Wings900 Wiki!
JanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Senior Captain

Quote:
That would be awesome!! Thanks!
Here's a pic of the inside
A few things I forgot it included was codes, callsigns and routes.

For JP Airline fleets here's the crazy looking inside.
I forgot to add that it tells you the engine type and also, for example, if it's Frontier what animal is on the back or if it's KLM what the name of the airplane is.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Interesting thread. I might find something here to look for.

Meanwhile, here are my few.

Sadly i don't speak a word of french, so i have no idea what the text says. It was a gift from, ironically enough, my french teacher in school.

One that i am very proud of:

And one i got when i was younger:

I might have more, but they would be in the basement. And i do not want to go down there.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

I have the modern commercial aircraft book
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #11
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

I have the ABC Civil Aircraft Reg. Book.

I have 2006 and 2008, I may ask for the 2012 version later this year.

Based on books, I also have a book on the Concorde (fabulous Hardback book), along with a Britannia/Thomson Hardback book which shows and tells the story of how the airlines (s) have changed

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I will post my aviation books collection, it isn't so big as my models collection, but...hold on!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

I've got a lot of Airlife and Ospreys books that have been bought from e-bay,the prices are starting to go up now but they are fantastic for info ...I'll do the same as Charter and post a couple of shots...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
Feeding my wanderlust

Quote:
That is so cool!! Didn't know there was a book with all those specs! I need to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
One that i am very proud of:
LUCKY Would be nice to see what's inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
I might have more, but they would be in the basement. And i do not want to go down there.
Basements can be quite scary sometimes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
LUCKY Would be nice to see what's inside!
My grandpa found it in a box of my fathers stuff so i got it. If you want to see what's inside, i could try to find a working scanner somewhere and send it to you.

Quote:
Basements can be quite scary sometimes
You have no idea. Our basement used to be a bombshelter, so there are bars and chickenwire pretty much everywhere down there. And we've got a spider living in our little corner of it. And since noone in my family has been down there for four years(?) he/she has been allowed to run wild.

And i HATE spiders!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: