Aviation Books - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #106
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapple View Post
No one else collects books / timetables etc.?

I haven't found time to take photographs of the collection though, am very lazy nowadays. Hopefully, in the next few days...

P.S Charter, your collection is quite incredible...
Thanks yapple.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #107
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Could menu's be included here?,haven't got many just a few PA and CX..

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #108
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Could menu's be included here?,haven't got many just a few PA and CX..
Sure As long as it's reading material it's fine.
UA-DL-AA-US is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #109
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Cheers,i'll do them ASAP...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #110
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog

I know have an amazing large timetable collection (4 shelves full) thanks to a member here on Wings900. I will post them as soon as I can (probably after exams).
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #111
Senior Captain

Time to upload my latest aviation arrivals. The timetables and more magazines. I have to first thank Wunderk for giving me all these timetables, magazines, VHS's and other aviation material they are amazing! So right now I have about 5 shelves full of timetables and another 3 with magazines and the VHS's. Also the timetables I do show close-up are obviously not all of the ones that I have. Enjoy!
First set is all the random airlines that I only have a about 1 or 2 timetables from each of them:

The best ones out of this set:
1: AOM from 1995, ValuJet (before AirTran) from fall 1996, Air Zimbabwe and TAESA from 1994.

2: Air Astana from 2008, Mahan Air from 2005, Rossiya Airlines from 2008/2009 and Emirates from 2010/2011.

3: Azerbaijan Airlines from 2003, Spanair (RIP) from 2001/2002, Nationwide Air and Access Air (?)

4: Yemenia from 2009, AOM/Qualifier Group from 1999/2000, Maersk Air (!) from 2000/2001 and Balkan Airlines from 1995.

5: Meridiana from 1999 and Vietnam Airlines from 2001.

Here are few nifty Lufthansa layout charts of the Airbus A340 and the Boeing 747. Also is a pamphlet on First Class.

The Inside of the A340 version:

Next we've got an Air Canada First Class pamphlet (I think this is the one you can find in the seat pockets?), an Emirates menu for the Dubai-Bangkok and Bangkok-Hong Kong flights, and a whole book about flying with Cathay Pacific.

Here's the second (2nd) set of timetables. These are below my latest models display. This set has Malaysian Airlines, British Airways, SAS, Cathay Pacific, QANTAS, Air Canada, TWA, Canadian Airlines, WestJet and EgyptAir.

The highlights of the second set:

Here's different parts of the third set. The third set includes (from left to right) Gulf Air, Aer Lingus, KLM, Czech Airlines, Alitalia, Aeromexico, Mexicana, Northwest Airlines, American West, USAir, Continental Airlines, United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, Thai International, Air Lanka/Sri Lankan Airlines, Saudia Arabian, Varig, Midway, AirTran and Frontier (I know there's a few more I can't remember).

Highlights of this set: Thai International from '05, an old Frontier timetable from when they operated the 737-200's and -300's, Air Lanka from 1994 and Saudia Arabian Airlines from 2003/2004.

Now, here is two of the best things I received: OAG timetables for North American (March 2004) and Europe/Africa/Middle East (March 2000). They list every carrier and every flight in that region for the time period and include aircraft type, flight number, carrier, arrival/departure time etc...

The VHS's (JustPlanes). the Toronto and Miami one's are missing since I was watching them the other night. Each one is 2hrs long and filmed in digital quality. They are surprisingly clear for VHS's.

Here are several New York Airport timetables from the 90's
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #112
Senior Captain

On the set 3. This set has Air France, Iberia, Aeroflot, Swissair, Swiss International, Austrian Airlines, Lauda Air, Crossair, Malev (RIP), Turkish Airlines, Finnair, Lufthansa, Olympic Airlines, Olympic Airways, LOT Polish, the Qualifier Group (!) and HapagFly.

A few of the highlights from this set:
A Qualifier Group Timetable and Olympic Airways from 2000.

And the now defunct Malev.

The boxes below house my smaller timetables and ads

Now for the magazines:
These three are all Airliner World. The two to the right are one's that were given to me and the one to the left is one's I have purchased myself.

My personally purchased Airways, Air International, Airports of The World and a few more Airliner World.

These are all magazines that were given to me aswell. On the left is Herpa WingsWorld, on the right is Airways and Airliners and in the middle is a bunch of airliner ads and in-flight magazines.

A FEW MORE COOL LITTLE THINGS

An airline that could be gone soon and the best airline in the industry:

A cool Royal Air Maroc ad along with a few others

A Lufthansa Private Jet info book and an El Al Inflight Magazine

My inflight magazines
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #113
Senior Captain

And probably the coolest one of all: a whole booklet on Bombardier:

And how do i keep track of where all my timetables are? Grouping them by airline and writing them down in my Aviation Binder:

Last edited by UA-DL-AA-US; 06-24-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #114

airport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobby

Do you get many of those on eBay? I know since a few days ago I've pretty much gone on a spending spree on ebay for classic airline memorabilia. Timetables, boarding pa sses, tags, wings, etc.
airport1-600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #115
RJ Second Officer

yapple is flying under the radaryapple is flying under the radar

Incredible collection.

To think that most of them were given to you! I bought most of my collection

I have a decent collection of safety cards, timetables, books, magazines, in flight magazines, boarding p*****, advertisements, models, DVDs but this is from another level. Wish I have the cabinet like yours.

I agree that the OAG are the best.

Can you show us some samples of the contents of your Aviation binder?

P.S Would love to show my smaller collection here, but I'm so lazy...
yapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #116
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by airport1-600 View Post
Do you get many of those on eBay? I know since a few days ago I've pretty much gone on a spending spree on ebay for classic airline memorabilia. Timetables, boarding pa sses, tags, wings, etc.
A member on here gave them to me since he didn't want them anymore. I might buy/bid on some items on ebay because these timetables are so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapple View Post
Incredible collection.

To think that most of them were given to you! I bought most of my collection

I have a decent collection of safety cards, timetables, books, magazines, in flight magazines, boarding p*****, advertisements, models, DVDs but this is from another level. Wish I have the cabinet like yours.

I agree that the OAG are the best.

Can you show us some samples of the contents of your Aviation binder?

P.S Would love to show my smaller collection here, but I'm so lazy...
Thank you I will try and post some photos of the content by tonight.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #117
Senior Captain

Here's a few pictures of the inside of the binder. It's divided into three sections: Commercial Aviation, Models and Model Airports and Flight Simulator.

The Model section:

"Wishlists"

Gemini Jets 2011 in review (I posted this here in December)

Model airport timetables

The Commercial Aviation section:

Airport info

Maps for plane spotting

The Flight Sim section:

Flight plans

My flight simulator hours.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #118

airport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobby

I wish I had the motivation to do that. hahahaha

Outstanding job on that book and it's contents.
airport1-600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #119
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by airport1-600 View Post
I wish I had the motivation to do that. hahahaha

Outstanding job on that book and it's contents.
Hahaha! You know your obsessed when....
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #120
Professional Corn Muffin

Rayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dogRayzor1700 is a top dog

My aviation books:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: