Aviation Books - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #91
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapple View Post
You are not alone Too bad I'm living in a not-so-aviation-friendly country, where everything is expensive and limited. Too bad you don't have World Air Routes from JustPlanes, most of my DVDs are the WAR series. Still havent found time to photograph my collection yet...
But you live in one of the most beautiful cities of the planet: in Singapore there is the best zoo of the world, the most beautiful airport of the world and, Raffles city, is one of the greatest existing scenery!
When i have been to Singapore i fell in love for you city!!!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #92
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
You will go to Madeira? YOU WILL GO TO FUNCHAL?!!! LUCKY YOU, MY FRIEND!!!
Please do many photos and do a tribute to me and my Funchal Airport showing all you have spotted. Thanks.
I will for sure my friend I´m really looking forward to it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #93
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Here's a few shots of some of mine,not all aviation related but still a good read...In the words of Charters fellow Italian Cicero..

"A room without books is like a body without a soul"...
Attached Thumbnails
Aviation Books-dcp_0936.jpg   Aviation Books-dcp_0937.jpg   Aviation Books-dcp_0938.jpg   Aviation Books-dcp_0942.jpg   Aviation Books-dcp_0943.jpg  

Aviation Books-dcp_0944.jpg   Aviation Books-dcp_0945.jpg  

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 03-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #94
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Here's a few shots of some of mine,not all aviation related but still a good read...In the words of Charters fellow Italian Cicero..

"A room without books is like a body without a soul"...
Great my friend!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #95
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Great my friend!
Seconded! Im especially interested in the Aeroflot and PanAm books in pic.1.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #96
Captain

SP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dog

I'm so jealous of all yours books and DVD's! I don't have many, a few books about WWII Bombers, Military Jets and magazines but they're all in Polish. I'll post some photos later.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #97
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Interesting thread. I might find something here to look for.

Meanwhile, here are my few.

This is a really great book. Most books we seen in this tread are really old and therefore inaccurate today and only contains basic information and facts. I'm searching for NEW books about airports. Like the Arlanda book. With a lot of pictures.
Basic facts about airlines I can get more accurately and up-to-date on the internet. I want unpublished terminal photos and stories about the airport (and/or airline). Real life stories and biographies are so hard to find.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #98
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

Quote:
...and:

the great footbal match between Juventus vs Milan (Champions League) held in Manchester!

Vacation airports.
What a lovely collection. I wish some hero could take the time and make all those amazing titles available for the public on the Internet... Not just because I believe in freedom on the Internet, BUT because many of these titles are almost impossible to find in stores today.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #99
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Cheers guys,most of the books i've bought from e-bay and charity shops,the dvd's have all been from e-bay...It's just a case of patience and getting to know the staff at the shops....

Flight,the books are by R.E.G Davies,if you see one for a good/fair price buy it as he passed away last year...Can't wait to see your shots SP-LLC.....

1939 - 2011
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #100
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for the tip, Vince. I looked at Amazon, and the prices are just insane! New: $86.25. Used(Like new): $157.50! And that's without shipping. So i think i'll keep my eyes open.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #101
Master ATP Captain

That's the problem but also keep an eye on e-bay uk,i've just had a look and there are some for a good price inc the PA £11.88(the Aeroflot was a real bugger to find)plus a LH one from the U S of A....

1939 - 2011
Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #102
Red Eagles!

I actually found the PA book and an AirFix 727 kit together at Tradera(Swedens own eBay) but i missed out. I wish i hadn't, becouse i like that kit.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #103
1:200!

Boeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
Its got all the registrations of all the airlines in the world. It includes date of production, date delivered, production number, configuration, ex. Reg. If there was one and many more things. Its a great book to look up registrations of model planes and from when you go spotting. If you want i can also take a pic of the inside for you?
Can you please take a photo sorry for late reply.
Boeing 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #104
1:200!

Boeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting startedBoeing 737-300 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
Here's a pic of the inside
A few things I forgot it included was codes, callsigns and routes.

For JP Airline fleets here's the crazy looking inside.
I forgot to add that it tells you the engine type and also, for example, if it's Frontier what animal is on the back or if it's KLM what the name of the airplane is.
Thank you for the photo of JP book!!!
Boeing 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #105
RJ Second Officer

yapple is flying under the radaryapple is flying under the radar

No one else collects books / timetables etc.?

I haven't found time to take photographs of the collection though, am very lazy nowadays. Hopefully, in the next few days...

P.S Charter, your collection is quite incredible...
yapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: