Aviation Books - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #31
Feeding my wanderlust

sba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobbysba757 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aviation Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
Lol That's great! I didn't get interested in airliners and aviation till my first 'remembered' flight when I was 5. After that I just fell in love!
I don't remember when or how I became so interested in Aviation, but my father says I was 3 years old!
sba757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi friends. Thanks to UA-DL-AA-US for this thread, we have the occasion to show our passion for aviation books and magazines...
But let me start.

All Airliner World magazine numbers since now:

Some Herpa old brochures:

All Airports of the World numbers since now:

These three books are like the "Bible" for the spotters:

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #33
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

These are some magazine clippings:

Venice Airport timetable:

This is another part of my "spotters Bible":

A book about Airports:

An Italian magazine-book on airports and airlines:

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
The Dark Side

Munich timetables:

Rome FCO magazine:

Dusseldorf timetable:

An italian magazines about airports:

WingsWorld magazines...

...with the models in production...

...and ACB shop pre-order airplanes:

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
The Dark Side

Portuguese aviation magazines:

UK Airlines 2007:

UK Airlines 2009:

B787 special:

Global Airlines guide:

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
The Dark Side

And, as all the teenagers, i have the wallpapers :

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #37
The Dark Side

I will continue tomorrow.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #38
Lufthansa Group

lufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributorlufthansaboy is a good contributor

This is my 'bible', it contains everything. Aircraft, airlines, airports, info on ticketing, catering, engines etc.A really good read.
Attached Thumbnails
Aviation Books-img_0819.jpg  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
RJ Second Officer

yapple is flying under the radaryapple is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi friends. Thanks to UA-DL-AA-US for this thread, we have the occasion to show our passion for aviation books and magazines...
But let me start.

All Airliner World magazine numbers since now:

Some Herpa old brochures:

All Airports of the World numbers since now:

These three books are like the "Bible" for the spotters:
I agree! Love the books by B I Hengi. Too bad the latest edition is in German only. Do you mind taking some photos of the content of the 'newest' German edition? Want to see if it's worth buying even though I know not a single word of German.

Gonna post my collection tomorrow, I have a decent collection of aviation stuff, books, safety cards, timetables, DVDs, posters and magazines etc..... Love this thread btw!
yapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #40
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Charter, you are making me mad! I want those posters.

On another note, i got a tip from my grandpa about a book sale here. There is an aviation book included, and it's got a positive name: Stora flygboken(The big aviation book).
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #41
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapple View Post
I agree! Love the books by B I Hengi. Too bad the latest edition is in German only. Do you mind taking some photos of the content of the 'newest' German edition? Want to see if it's worth buying even though I know not a single word of German.

Gonna post my collection tomorrow, I have a decent collection of aviation stuff, books, safety cards, timetables, DVDs, posters and magazines etc..... Love this thread btw!
No problems, tomorrow i will take some photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Charter, you are making me mad! I want those posters.

On another note, i got a tip from my grandpa about a book sale here. There is an aviation book included, and it's got a positive name: Stora flygboken(The big aviation book).
Oskar, if you have 3000 models and a collection of books, DVD, magazines, etc., you would be not so happy to have all these big posters (especially if you have a wife remembering you that the "space is finishing")!

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #42
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Oskar, if you have 3000 models and a collection of books, DVD, magazines, etc., you would be not so happy to have all these big posters (especially if you have a wife remembering you that the "space is finishing")!
Posters don't take up that much space, do they?

If they do... I could take them. Nah, i may want them, but i can order back issues of the magazines .
Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #43
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Posters don't take up that much space, do they?

If they do... I could take them. Nah, i may want them, but i can order back issues of the magazines .
Because they are closed...i can't put them on the wall of my bedroom, because it would be awful, because i have allergy to the duster and because my wife would kill me!

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #44
The Dark Side

Some other books:

This is another masterpiece: a book about Schipol Airport, with wonderful photos and all the airlines serving the airport (scheduled, charter and cargo).

Some other magazines clippings:

This is what i print from internet and i use for my handmade airports:

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #45
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Because they are closed...
Good point.

Quote:
i can't put them on the wall of my bedroom, because it would be awful, because i have allergy to the duster and because my wife would kill me!
That's tough. The only reason i can't put up any posters in my room at the moment is that they would just be faded by the sun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: