Cooking time. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Thumbs up Cooking time.

Hi friends. This is the General Squawk Talk, and here we have posted threads about everything: books, films, women, cars...
We are from all over the World, with many differences, but there are two things that unite all us: English language and our hobby. But there is something very special that unites and divides us at the same time: the food.
When you travel you have two main needs: a place where to sleep and a good restaurant where to eat something of our country or (and this is what i search when i travel) something characteristic of the country where i am.
So i want to start a thread about cooking: i really hope that many of you, at least all the friends who have a family and who are able to cook, will participate to this thread, posting the food you cook or the most important dishes of your countries.
I really hope that there will be some photos from different countries...i really hope that Wings900 Forum is not dying!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Captain

SP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dog
Re: Cooking time.

Ohh, if only this thread was posted earlier I would have taken some pictures of the food from some of the best Polish restaurants. Though I know there are some other polish members on this forum so I hope they will post some pictures looking forward to the pictures, guys.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Cracking Thread - I am the Chef of my house

Ive made plenty of Italian dishes such as Spaghetti and Meatballs, Pasta Carbonara, Pizza (different ones) and others

Food is not something i want to follow up in life but it certainly is one of my key things to do now and again.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I want to start with a typical dish of Roman cuisine: Saltimbocca all Romana.
Ingredients: sage; veal meat; salt; pepper; mozzarella; Parma ham; butter; extra virgin olive oil;
cooking wine; flour; chicken soup.

Preparation: beat the veal to make them very thin; put a slice of Mozzarella, sage and parma ham,
combining it all with a toothpick (it is important to keep everything together).

Put in a pan extra virgin olive oil and butter:

When it is hot put the meat and let it cook two minutes on each side:

This is the result (hmmmmmm!!!)

Then it is time to make the sauce. In the pan with oil and butter, put 1/4 of glass of white wine, a piece of butter, a tablespoon of flour, a glass of chicken soup and let cook for few seconds until you obtain this:

The put the sauce over you Saltimbocca!

The result is wonderful: Saltimbocca means "jumping in the mouth", and this meat literally jumps in the mouth, it is an easy and delicious dish tha will make you lick your fingers!
Try and then tell me.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 01-03-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

Great idea for a thread! I have just skimmed through hundreds of my holidays but cannot seem to find any pictures of food, although I do remember taking a few.

I have travelled the far east (Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore). I absolutely love Thai food and the country in general! It is my favourite cuisine, and my personal favourite dishes are spring rolls and chicken satay but I like all of the Thai dishes.

Another cuisine which I enjoy very much is Turkish food as I visit there often. I do like the kebabs and dishes that are done in the restaurants. The best place for food in Turkey in my opinion is the city of Gaziantep which is an incredible place and the city of food (Kebabs) .

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.

Last edited by herpacollectorUK; 01-03-2012 at 04:00 PM.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpacollectorUK View Post
Great idea for a thread! I have just skimmed through hundreds of my holidays but cannot seem to find any pictures of food, although I do remember taking a few.

I have travelled the far east (Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore). I absolutely love Thai food and the country in general! It is my favourite cuisine, and my personal favourite dishes are spring rolls and chicken satay but I have to say that I like all of the dishes.

Another cuisine which I enjoy very much is Turkish food as I visit there often. I do like the kebabs and dishes that are done in the restaurants. The best place for food in Turkey in my opinion is the city of Gaziantep which is an incredible place.
Thanks! Post some things you cook in UK (if you cook), for example the roastbeef or the wellington meat. By the way, it would be marvellous to see something about the food all around the World...the real food, made by you!

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

I do cook a few things Not English food though as I am not so keen. I can show some Turkish dishes as I do cook some Turkish food. I will have to wait for a day when I am cooking it and take pictures for you all and write a recipe as it is all in my head. Also I do know a pasta dish of which I will also share when I have taken pictures

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Wow, Alessandro, that Saltimbocca sounds pretty interesting. Might try that some day.

Although i have no pics(at the moment) and i don't cook that often, my mom has a recipe for pork tenderloin that i think is delicious.

The ingredients you need are: pork tenderloin(obviously), butter, garlic, onion, thyme and rosemary. And ofcourse salt and pepper.

First you prepare the meat as you wish.
After that, chop the garlic and onion and mix it with the butter, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Then, cut a pocket along the tenderloin and stuff it with the butter mix.
Dash a little soy sauce over it for the colour and taste.
Put the whole thing in the oven at 200°c for 35-40 minutes.

It can be served with either potato, rice or pasta. And i usually add a bit of barbeque sauce, but that is really optional.

Like Charter said, try it and tell what you think.

Last edited by Flight fan; 01-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Wow, Alessandro, that Saltimbocca sounds pretty interesting. Might try that some day.

Although i have no pics(at the moment) and i don't cook that often, my mom has a recipe for pork tenderloin that i think is delicious.

The ingredients you need are: pork tenderloin(obviously), butter, garlic, onion, thyme and rosemary. And ofcourse salt and pepper.

First you prepare the meat as you wish.
After that, chop the garlic and onion and mix it with the butter, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Then, cut a pocket along the tenderloin and stuff it with the butter mix.
Dash a little soy sauce over it for the colour and taste.
Put the whole thing in the oven at 200°c for 35-40 minutes.

It can be served with either potato, rice or pasta. And i usually add a bit of barbeque sauce, but that is really optional.

Like Charter said, try it and tell what you think.
I will try it my friend.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Now i will post some particular dishes i have already posted in other threads.

This is a dinner in Munich, with Bavarian sausages, potatoes and sauerkraut:

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
The Dark Side

This is my typical breakfast when i travel (as Dragan-AMS2006) knows well...:

In Italy the breakfast consists in an Espresso coffee (if you have a hurry), or milk and coffee (Cappuccino) with a croissant, cookies, rusks with Nutella.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 01-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
The Dark Side

Now let me come back to the "home of Italian food": Tuscany. This is a Fiorentina T-bone steak, you have to eat drinking a good red wine (Chianti)!

This kind of steak must be eaten "to the blood", also if i prefer it "well done". The red wine is Chianti.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #13
The Dark Side

This is Dragan (AMS2006) eating radicchio (a kind of chicory) salad and breaded fried Perch: it is a wonderful dish, the Perch fish is great, and the radicchio salad is wonderful, also if it is better not cooked and with oranges.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #14
The Dark Side

I know that Pasta is one of the most known and appreciated italian food all around the World. During my trips i have seen many ways to cook Pasta (sometimes with ketchup), so today i will post the original italian way to cook it.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

Amazing photos and great tips, thanks Charter ! But this in one thread where I cannot really contribute anything useful. Maybe God gave me some talents, cooking and food preparation is not one of them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: