Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US
Any tips on how to make a better landing other than practice?
1) On your approach you should see 4 lights on the left or right of the runway. Those are PAPI lights, and to sum them up; 4 red means you're too low, 3 rest slightly low, 2 red and 2 white is on the approach, 3 white slightly high, etc. . Just think of it this way " too much red, you'll be dead"
2) Make sure you're flying at the aircrafts proper approach speed, which is listed on the FSX kneeboard, as VRef I believe
3) Get lined up well before landing
4) Flaps, gear, spoilers; use em.
5) Program the proper approach on your GPS, helps you to stay lined up
6) Flare just before touchdown. This basically means bringing the nose up slightly before touchdown, killing excess speed, and planting you on your main gear
7) Keep calm, carry on
Hope this helps, have fun! And where did you get the AC CRJ?