My FS2004 Screen shots & Videos - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #106
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog
Re: My FS2004 Screen shots & Videos

Some cool views a got with F1View
All from an Air Canada CRJ-100ER/LR

Inside the cabin

UA-DL-AA-US is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #107
First Officer

WestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
Any tips on how to make a better landing other than practice?
>
1) On your approach you should see 4 lights on the left or right of the runway. Those are PAPI lights, and to sum them up; 4 red means you're too low, 3 rest slightly low, 2 red and 2 white is on the approach, 3 white slightly high, etc. . Just think of it this way " too much red, you'll be dead"
2) Make sure you're flying at the aircrafts proper approach speed, which is listed on the FSX kneeboard, as VRef I believe
3) Get lined up well before landing
4) Flaps, gear, spoilers; use em.
5) Program the proper approach on your GPS, helps you to stay lined up
6) Flare just before touchdown. This basically means bringing the nose up slightly before touchdown, killing excess speed, and planting you on your main gear
7) Keep calm, carry on

Hope this helps, have fun! And where did you get the AC CRJ?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #108
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestjetGuy View Post
1) On your approach you should see 4 lights on the left or right of the runway. Those are PAPI lights, and to sum them up; 4 red means you're too low, 3 rest slightly low, 2 red and 2 white is on the approach, 3 white slightly high, etc. . Just think of it this way " too much red, you'll be dead"
2) Make sure you're flying at the aircrafts proper approach speed, which is listed on the FSX kneeboard, as VRef I believe
3) Get lined up well before landing
4) Flaps, gear, spoilers; use em.
5) Program the proper approach on your GPS, helps you to stay lined up
6) Flare just before touchdown. This basically means bringing the nose up slightly before touchdown, killing excess speed, and planting you on your main gear
7) Keep calm, carry on

Hope this helps, have fun! And where did you get the AC CRJ?
The AC Jazz is the second file down on this page and these tips certainly helped! Thank you so much

Old 01-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #109
Senior Captain

just a question regarding #5 :: How do i program the approach into my GPS?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #110
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

You could always make an ILS landing

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #111
Senior Captain

New Video Same as the others, if you check back later this evening it will be clearer and the lighting will be better

Southwest 737-300 Landing @ Chicago-Midway (no wing views this time, not available with this aircraft)

Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #112
Senior Captain

i uploaded this one a few days ago but forgot to post it here

Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #113
Senior Captain

i have another new one uploaded but i will wait to post it here till the music is updated
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #114
Senior Captain

Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #115
Senior Captain

Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #116
First Officer

WestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast iconWestjetGuy is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA-DL-AA-US View Post
just a question regarding #5 :: How do i program the approach into my GPS?
Just going off memory here;
1) Open the GPS
2) Make sure you have your arrival airport programmed in
3) Find the procedure or "Proc" button on the GPS
4) Scroll till you find "select approach", enter
5) Scroll till you get the correct approach, such as ILS 5, and enter
6) From here I'm a bit shaky, but I think you'll be given three options, find "Activate vectors to final", enter

And that should do it I think.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #117
Senior Captain

Thank you I will try it and tell you how it works
Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #118
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Some good videos and screenshots.

One question - how many degrees do you climb at?

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #119
Senior Captain

usually at about 15 to 20... once i get higher i go to 10
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #120
Senior Captain

New video of Northwest Airlink Saab 340 Landing at my home airport of London (CYXU). Enjoy!
Hope this airplane is released by Gemini Jets soon!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: