Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   General Squawk Talk (https://www.wings900.com/vb/general-squawk-talk/)
-   -   Introducing: Aircraft Model Store (https://www.wings900.com/vb/general-squawk-talk/56592-introducing-aircraft-model-store.html)

herpacollectorUK 11-08-2011 04:53 PM

Introducing: Aircraft Model Store

The store is now open! It is located at Home - Aircraft Model Store. Tomorrow is the day that sales will begin, a 20% discount is going to be offered at the checkout, tomorrow only! When you get to the checkout type in the coupon "INTRO20" and 20% will be deducted automatically.

Currently we only have Herpa models, but we will be adding different makes over the next few months.

I have not yet listed the whole of the Herpa catalogue. If there is an item from the Herpa catalogue you would like with a 20% discount, send me a message tomorrow to get it listed.

Click on the Promotion tab on the website for full details.

If you have any feedback, be sure to leave it below.

herpacollectorUK 02-27-2013 06:51 PM

Re: Introducing: Aircraft Model Store

What a long way things have come, and in just over 1 year! From what I can see, Aircraft Model Store comes up at the top of Google (in the UK I am certain of anyway) under the natural search for 'Aircraft Models'.

What an achievement for such a new shop... but I am sure we'll see it growing more and more into the future ;)

nathanbennett 02-27-2013 06:58 PM

Congrats Ben! That's great. Yup - straight to top of google. I just checked too.

To check on Google.com type in: "www.google.com/ncr"
This will stop .co.uk from automatically loading. You come up 2nd on that which is still pretty amazing! :)

Haz Baz 02-27-2013 07:07 PM

Woah, great achievement Ben. You should open an actual shop for people to visit in the future, that'd be awesome!

Flight fan 02-27-2013 07:11 PM

Congratulations Ben! Looking forward to another year of success. :)

Third result in Sweden, but quite an achievement nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz Baz (Post 518752)
Woah, great achievement Ben. You should open an actual shop for people to visit in the future, that'd be awesome!

Now that's an interesting thought.

nathanbennett 02-27-2013 07:14 PM

The overheads of running a shop would be so huge compared to the sales made. This was one reason the one at Birmingham Airport closed down. Such a shame. However....can you imagine the model airport in the shop window!! That would be awesome! :)

skwai56 02-27-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanbennett (Post 518754)
The overheads of running a shop would be so huge compared to the sales made. This was one reason the one at Birmingham Airport closed down. Such a shame. However....can you imagine the model airport in the shop window!! That would be awesome! :)

What a shame I didn't have a chance to visit the one in Birmingham even though I stayed quite near to it in the past :cry: When did it close down?

nathanbennett 02-27-2013 07:34 PM

Closed down a couple of years ago now. All the stock went to the shop at East Midlands Airport near you.

mike21 02-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanbennett (Post 518756)
Closed down a couple of years ago now. All the stock went to the shop at East Midlands Airport near you.

I bought some good aircraft book's from there and my Ryan air 737 for a bargain 7 i remeber them having a lot in stock. :eek::eek:

herpacollectorUK 02-28-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz Baz (Post 518752)

That would actually be great, however I think the future of most small businesses is on the internet - especially with such a niche market product. :(

And thank you everyone! AMS will continue to keep on growing!

skwai56 02-28-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanbennett (Post 518756)

OMG is that true?! Do you mean this one? Do they have a large stock of 1:500 models? Maybe I should check that out someday :P :cool:

El_Capitan 02-28-2013 05:27 PM

I purchased my FeDex 777 and VS A330 from you guys, great service and your website was easy to use.

herpacollectorUK 02-28-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Capitan (Post 518931)
I purchased my FeDex 777 and VS A330 from you guys, great service and your website was easy to use.

I'm glad to hear it - thank you very much for the positive comments! :)