Catuira's Point and Shoot Photography ‎ - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor
Catuira's Point and Shoot Photography ‎

Hello Guys after a long break here in wings900 I am here again

I want to share some of my Point and Shoot Photography ‎photos that I shoot using my digital camera. I am not really an expert in Photography it was only my pastime.

as some said "A good eye is always better than a good camera"

PAL B777-300ER (1:500)

Lufthansa A340-600 (1:500)

Continental Airlines B787 ( A gift from Rex ) (1:400)

PAL A340-300 (1:500)

Last edited by catuira; 04-08-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: add scale
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor
Re: Catuira's Point and Shoot Photography ‎

Taking pics using my Olympus FE26

Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

I thought they were real untill I saw the CO 787.
Some good photos you have.
But these belong in the 1:400 Scale section.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
But these belong in the 1:400 Scale section.
sorry I forgot to tell that this a mixed scale most of the plane above is 1:500
only the CO 787 is the 1:400
___

I know some of you have questions on how I shoot some of the aircraft in the air.
I used the real sky as my diorama.

First You need to have a clear Picture Frame (The larger the better) make sure to remove the back cover of it and only the frame and the glass remains.

Place your model on the top-middle of the picture frame and slowly raise it and position your camera on the right angle that you want avoid the luminous effect on the glass by adjusting your current position.

If you are happy with the position then take a shoot.

This is my illustration (sorry I do not have photoshop here in office)

Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
First Officer

alexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dog

Really nice photos mate! Nice and sharp!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Hey Cat, How's it going with you in Philly?

Good shots. You got good lighting on the belly shots.

Using a clear glass, never thought of that. (I have been a "plane on the stand" guy, and I just shopped the stand off the image like others) Good tip. Thanks.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by catuira View Post
I want to share some of my Point and Shoot Photography ‎photos that I shoot using my digital camera. I am not really an expert in Photography it was only my pastime.
Excellent. Thanks for sharing.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

Thanks for the good comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Hey Cat, How's it going with you in Philly?

Good shots. You got good lighting on the belly shots.

Using a clear glass, never thought of that. (I have been a "plane on the stand" guy, and I just shopped the stand off the image like others) Good tip. Thanks.
Thanks! I am busy nowadays on some of my blogs that need to be fix them to support my hobby as a collector

I just used a clear glass and used the real sky as the diorama and I believe that everyone can do this ( I still don't know what kind of technique is this )
Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #9
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog

Fantastic work, very intresting stuff.

Tags
photography, pointshoot

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: