WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread) - Page 9 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Would you like to take part?
Yes 41 97.62%
No 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #121
RJ Second Officer

Cygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciated
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

The charity is one that researches leukemia.

Cygnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #122
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
The stamps don't have to be aviation related. QEII's head will do! In fact, if it is all done by weight then 1p stamps will be more valuable than the rare ones!
Very true, but I imagine that the worker will be mighty pi$$ed off if we requested that!

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #123
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

That's their job,back in the 80's my mum used to save 1,2 and 5 pence coins up to about £50 and take them to the bank...The expression of the cashiers was priceless!....

Last edited by vince1159; 08-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #124
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
The stamps don't have to be aviation related. QEII's head will do! In fact, if it is all done by weight then 1p stamps will be more valuable than the rare ones!
right, but even with 1 penny or 1 cent stamps I doubt we'll achive even on kg. But I think we can also put some extra stamps in that we cut out from letters we receive.
We have a similar charity here in Hamburg and my parents also always collect all the stamps they receive and give them to a former colleague of my father who forwards them to this charity.

Btw., why do people vote yes but then don't put their name on the list ? Now there are 40 yes votes but only 35 names on the list. Doesn't make much sense.

Last edited by Silverbird; 08-07-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #125
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
But I think we can also put some extra stamps in that we cut out from letters we receive.
Yes, that's what I'm doing - I've got about 90 to put into the parcel. But I'm not going to include them all, it'll weight it down!

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #126
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
A potential problem here as I see it fellas. With no disrespect to Plankton intended, I cannot see how it would make sense to include a member who has been here for less than a month and whose very first post on W900 is requesting to have the model sent to him. I do not mean to impugn anyones motives here - it is just that the whole scheme is based on trust between friends who have grown to "know" each other on the forums for some time.

I leave it to you Furry to decide what to do here. I would close by welcoming Plankton to W900. I hope you enjoy it here and become a regular contributor. I daresay there would be no problem with you contributing next time time around if it doesn't work out this time.
I have been wanting to join this initiative but I have been holding back because of the situation in Manila - it is still currently UNSAFE to have packages received or sent via mail, and the only alternative is to have it sent via special courier like FedEx, etc. I want to support the cause but I don't want to be liable for any damage to the model.

Flyindoc knows this situation very well as I asked him to send an item to a relative across the Pacific rather than directly to me.

Sign me up for any other work. I fully support this initiative, but I'm not yet willing to gamble using the current mail services here.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #127
Earning My Wings

plankton is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
I have been wanting to join this initiative but I have been holding back because of the situation in Manila - it is still currently UNSAFE to have packages received or sent via mail, and the only alternative is to have it sent via special courier like FedEx, etc. I want to support the cause but I don't want to be liable for any damage to the model.

Flyindoc knows this situation very well as I asked him to send an item to a relative across the Pacific rather than directly to me.

Sign me up for any other work. I fully support this initiative, but I'm not yet willing to gamble using the current mail services here.

Maybe your right hikouki after a while thinking, it really is unsafe though we really support this charity we cant be of any liabilities here.

(Sir allan is that you?)
plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #128
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Yes, that's what I'm doing - I've got about 90 to put into the parcel. But I'm not going to include them all, it'll weight it down!
Why not,it will add to the weight and the more it weighs the more stamps are needed,and what's it going to cost an extra 50 pence or a pound!...If the box arrives to me and it needs a bigger box,no problem...
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #129
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudishdanny View Post
Well I will definatley do it next time when I can save up the funds to travel to London even though i'm about 40 miles away. One further question, you say this is for charity? I am not sure if i've missed it but which charity/charities are the donations going to? This is a brilliant plan!
Just to confirm, the style stamps is irrelevant and i would not expect anyone to travel a distance for a photo. Personally mine will be of a location in Carrickfergus. If you want to be removed can you confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post

No problem-maybe next time around
Old 08-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #130
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

This is the list as it currently stands.

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece
3) Pashka - London, UK
4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06 - Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA
13) Silverbird - Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda - Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc - Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq - Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super - London, UK
18) Jetsforlife - Nebraska, USA
19) Matt109 - Belper, Derbyshire, UK
20) Daniel333 - Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines - Saint Louis, USA
22) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada
23) Anglojet - London, UK
24) Cygnum - Rotterdam, Netherlands
25) Faucett Peru - Mainz, Germany
26) Blue Angel No 5 - Houston, USA
27) Joschik - Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600 - Florida, USA
29) Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
30) Captain Wahoo - Marquette, USA
31) VSROY - Blackpool, UK
32) lowflyer7 - Stuttgart, Germany
33) Catuira - Tanay, Rizal, Philippines
34) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

Plankton-am i right that you feel the same as Hikouki and won't be able to partake?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #131
Admin

Parcel weight when sent was 175 grammes
Old 08-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #132
Earning My Wings

plankton is flying under the radar

yep next time funnyforest.. the chance of getting the package lost here in the Philippines using snail mail is great, but if the package gets to catuira here in the Philippines ill help him anyways. I just dont want to be the liabilities in that package. Just announce if there's anything I could be of any help with anything. Cheers
plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #133
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Although I was never on the list, I should confirm that I won't be participating this time round, next time though I shall be well prepared I do however wish you all the best of luck and to raise as much as possible, I apologise for my absence.
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #134
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

After I read plankton and hikouki post here, I am nervous and concerned about the safety of the Package here in the Philippines.

My personal experience-- As of now I don't experience any package/mail problem here in the Philippines using a local Gov. courier. I received my Google Adsense mail using local Gov. courier.

furryforest I am sorry....
like plankton and hikouki I don't want to make problem with this charity event.
but don't worry if you want some stamps here, I will send some stamps directly to you. just pm your address to me
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #135
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

re-post

This is the list as it currently stands.

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece
3) Pashka - London, UK
4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06 - Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA