WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread) - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Would you like to take part?
Yes 41 97.62%
No 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #106
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

Packed, stacked and ready to go!

Its not too late to join in. If you are interested, please added your details onto the lost, just ensure my name is the last one on the list as it comes back to me. If in doubt PM and i will hopefully be able to let you know or find out where we are in the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #107
Fly Virgin

VSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributorVSROY is an excellent contributor

This does sound like a good idea, I would be intresting in getting involved for a good cause. I would be able to take pictures with the famous Blackpool Tower and Trams along the sea side etc.

One stamp of intrest would be the A340, I used to for a first day cover i made of the first passenger flight of the A380 with SIA, please pictures. I remember last year they released a stamp with concorde on in a British set.

(If am not too late.)

Bradley.
Attached Thumbnails
WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread)-021.jpg   WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread)-020.jpg  
VSROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #108
First Officer

lowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributorlowflyer7 is a good contributor

Hey, sounds interesting. I could add some mileage. Where's the list you're talking about?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #109
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

The last updated one is on page 7...
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #110
RJ Second Officer

Cygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciated

The updated list (newcomers, please edit your details if not correct):

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece
3) Pashka - London, UK
4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06 - Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA
13) Silverbird - Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda - Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc - Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq - Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super - London, UK
18) Jetsforlife - Nebraska, USA
19) Matt109 - Belper, Derbyshire, UK
20) Daniel333 - Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines - Saint Louis, USA
22) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada
23) Anglojet - London, UK
24) Cygnum - Rotterdam, Netherlands
25) Faucett Peru - Mainz, Germany
26) Blue Angel No 5 - Houston, USA
27) Joschik - Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600 - Florida, USA
29) Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
30) Captain Wahoo - Marquette, USA
31) VSROY - Blackpool, UK
32) lowflyer7 - Stuttgart, Germany

33) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

Updated map:
Great Circle Map

Last edited by Cygnum; 08-05-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Cygnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #111
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

I am surprised that Sergei (Isn't he in Brazil? Or is he living/working in Europe?) haven't signed up yet?
I hope our friends from the Philippines will sign up..

Good luck sending it around the world. I am excited to see this model and send it off myself

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #112
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Done that trip a couple of times, but it is further to go MEL to BDL (Bradford Connecticut) 10,439 miles believe me - so where are you Dazza???

El Capitano!!!! He returns! Great to have you aboard. I expect to see some stamps with light houses on them...
I will try to come up wit sometin

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
and as predicted the Cap has swooped in to take us to 105078 miles!!

Great Circle Map

The donor model arrived today and will be posted to its first leg tomorrow
As always I have to come to the rescue!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #113
RJ First Officer

catuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributorcatuira is a good contributor

After I estimated the shipping cost.........

Count me in Guys!

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece
3) Pashka - London, UK
4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06 - Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA
13) Silverbird - Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda - Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc - Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq - Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super - London, UK
18) Jetsforlife - Nebraska, USA
19) Matt109 - Belper, Derbyshire, UK
20) Daniel333 - Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines - Saint Louis, USA
22) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada
23) Anglojet - London, UK
24) Cygnum - Rotterdam, Netherlands
25) Faucett Peru - Mainz, Germany
26) Blue Angel No 5 - Houston, USA
27) Joschik - Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600 - Florida, USA
29) Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
33) Catuira - Tanay, Rizal, Philippines

34) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

MNL is the nearest airport in our town.
Great Circle Mapper
catuira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #114
Earning My Wings

plankton is flying under the radar

Guys'
I'd Like to participate as well. We'll be waiting for the package here in the Philippines and attach some good valuable stamps

1) Flight Fan-Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos-Athens, Greece
3) Pashka-London, UK
4) Lufthansa340-New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator-Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10-Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200-Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159- Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06, Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777-Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319-Singapore, RSA
13) Silverbird-Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda-Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc-Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super-London, UK
18) Jetsforlife-Nebraska-USA
19) Matt109- Belper, Derbyshire, UK
20) Daniel333-Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines- Saint Louis USA
22) Shaker- Niagara Falls, Canada
23) Anglojet-London, UK
24) Cygnum-Netherlands
25) Faucett Peru-Mainz, Germany
26) Blue Angel No 5-Houston, USA
27) Joschik- Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600-Florida, USA
29)Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
33) Catuira - Tanay, Rizal, Philippines
34) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK
35)Plankton - Manila, Philippines

Last edited by plankton; 08-06-2010 at 05:41 AM.
plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #115
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

A potential problem here as I see it fellas. With no disrespect to Plankton intended, I cannot see how it would make sense to include a member who has been here for less than a month and whose very first post on W900 is requesting to have the model sent to him. I do not mean to impugn anyones motives here - it is just that the whole scheme is based on trust between friends who have grown to "know" each other on the forums for some time.

I leave it to you Furry to decide what to do here. I would close by welcoming Plankton to W900. I hope you enjoy it here and become a regular contributor. I daresay there would be no problem with you contributing next time time around if it doesn't work out this time.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #116
Earning My Wings

plankton is flying under the radar

Quote:
A potential problem here as I see it fellas. With no disrespect to Plankton intended, I cannot see how it would make sense to include a member who has been here for less than a month and whose very first post on W900 is requesting to have the model sent to him. I do not mean to impugn anyones motives here - it is just that the whole scheme is based on trust between friends who have grown to "know" each other on the forums for some time.

I leave it to you Furry to decide what to do here. I would close by welcoming Plankton to W900. I hope you enjoy it here and become a regular contributor. I daresay there would be no problem with you contributing next time time around if it doesn't work out this time.

Hi flyingdoc,
No problem with that if im excluded with the charity work. I'll work with catuira (no.33 on the list) just in case you wont allow me to participate. But I know rex (barangay captain) personally who's been an administrator of this site. Nevertheless its fine with me, no hearth feelings. Just message me if im in or not with the charity
plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #117
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by plankton View Post
Hi flyingdoc,
No problem with that if im excluded with the charity work. I'll work with catuira (no.33 on the list) just in case you wont allow me to participate. But I know rex (barangay captain) personally who's been an administrator of this site. Nevertheless its fine with me, no hearth feelings. Just message me if im in or not with the charity
Ultimately, it's not my call. If other members are happy to vouch for you, that's good enough for me. Once again, welcome to Wings900!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #118
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Sorry guys but i'm afraid I wouldn't be able to participate, I have been looking around for my Concorde stamps for a few days now and still no luck, really I have no relevant stamps. Next time round I'll give it a go though. Oh and I did click 'Yes' for the poll.
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #119
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudishdanny View Post
Sorry guys but i'm afraid I wouldn't be able to participate, I have been looking around for my Concorde stamps for a few days now and still no luck, really I have no relevant stamps. Next time round I'll give it a go though. Oh and I did click 'Yes' for the poll.
The stamps don't have to be aviation related. QEII's head will do! In fact, if it is all done by weight then 1p stamps will be more valuable than the rare ones!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #120
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

Quote:
The stamps don't have to be aviation related. QEII's head will do! In fact, if it is all done by weight then 1p stamps will be more valuable than the rare ones!
Well I will definatley do it next time when I can save up the funds to travel to London even though i'm about 40 miles away. One further question, you say this is for charity? I am not sure if i've missed it but which charity/charities are the donations going to? This is a brilliant plan!
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: