WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread) - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Would you like to take part?
Yes 41 97.62%
No 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #76

airport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobbyairport1-600 is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

Count me in, send it to Florida Where do we put the picture, in the box?
airport1-600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #77
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I'll open a dedicated thread where you can post your picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by airport1-600 View Post
Count me in, send it to Florida Where do we put the picture, in the box?
Read the thread.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 AM   #78
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

1) Flight Fan-Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos-Athens, Greece
3) Pashka-London, UK
4) Lufthansa340-New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator-Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10-Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200-Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159- Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06, Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777-Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319-Singapore, RSA
13) Silverbird-Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda-Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc-Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super-London, UK
18) Jetsforlife-Nebraska-USA
19) Matt109- Belper, Derbyshire, UK
20) Daniel333-Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines- Saint Louis USA
22) Shaker- Niagara Falls, Canada
23) Anglojet-London, UK
24) Cygnum-Netherlands
25) Faucett Peru-Mainz, Germany
26) Blue Angel No 5-Houston, USA
27) Airport1-600-Floria, USA

74000 miles according to Great Circle Map. Do you think we could get to 100'000?

26) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #79
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Guys a big thank you to fellow member Hugo who has kindly provided the requested Sky500 Delta 752 Breast Cancer Awareness livery at cost price. His support is much appreciated
Maybe too late this time, but could be even more interesting to have a special custom model with a wings900 logo on it that you can later sell on ebay.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #80
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

If it turns into an annual event i think that would be a smashing idea!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #81
Vorsprung durch Technik

Joschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributor

We would be happy to relay it and are based in Amersham (will have to think of a nice photo background - maybe we will venture to Heathrow).

Christian
Joschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #82
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Maybe too late this time, but could be even more interesting to have a special custom model with a wings900 logo on it that you can later sell on ebay.
An outstanding idea Joerg! Is it too late?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #83
RJ Second Officer

Cygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciatedCygnum is appreciated

I thought there already was a plane for the trip around the world, but maybe that can be changed.

I managed to get some special stamps for my parcel. In 2009, it was 100 years since the first motorised flight. There were special stamps made for them. I managed to get an entire sheet of those stamps.

A picture:

Now I need some more/other stamps to get enough to cover for the shipping costs.

Cygnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #84
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

3) Pashka-London, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
23) Anglojet-London, UK
24) Cygnum-Netherlands
27) Joschik- Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600-Florida, USA

Almost 90,000 miles according to Great Circle Mapper Do you think we could get to 100,000?

29) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK
Attached Thumbnails
WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread)-map.gif  
Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #85
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

We have 32 pollsters who want to be involved so there must be at least 3 unidentified members who wish to participate but who are not yet listed...

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #86
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Could NOT have said it better my self!
ITS NEVER TOO LATE!
Get your GEAR on CUSTOM makers! Let's see some ideas!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #87
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Hey guys.
I'd like to participate on this awesome idea. Good stuff Chris.
I've only just heard about this 2 days ago via Mike Catuira.

3) Pashka-London, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
23) Anglojet-London, UK
24) Cygnum-Netherlands
27) Joschik- Amersham, UK
28) Airport1-600-Florida, USA
29)Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark

30) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #88
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Where's Wahoo ? ? ? ? ?

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #89
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Hey guys.
I'd like to participate on this awesome idea. Good stuff Chris.
I've only just heard about this 2 days ago via Mike Catuira.
your absence had been noted chum-good to have you onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Where's Wahoo ? ? ? ? ?
I was wondering this also
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #90
Admin

UPDATE

Just a couple of updates for you guys.

1) The donor model, 1/500 Delta 752 Breast Cancer Awareness is en route from Guernsey. Once here i expect to have it posted by Friday to the first on the list, flight Fan.

2) According to the Great Circle Mapper we're at 80'695 miles. As Doc has said, three guys have voted and not put their name on the list. One of you could be responsible for breaching the 100'000 mark, so jump on board!

3) Once the model has made its first leg, i'll create a new thread so that each member can add their photo and the mileage the model has done so far. I'll PM members the link to the thread as we could easily go a week or so before updates.

Lastly, I would like to say a very big thank you to you all for your interest. This idea actually stemmed from another thread where i talked about picking up a model that a few other members were getting, a sort of model around the world.

For me it was an idea to show the strength of W900 and i think the uptake here has displayed that. We have guys who have been members for years, professional men with families who have jumped on board right down to students with fewer responsibilities who have been keen.

Whilst for us this is a bit of fun, i like the idea of being able to help out a charity.

Cheers

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: