WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread) - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Would you like to take part?
Yes 41 97.62%
No 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #46
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Model around the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek&sq View Post
2) Vince1159-UK (assuming London?)
Guernsey,Channel Islands mate...
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 AM   #47
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
This is starting to look very cool. I might see about getting some special stamps for the postage too. Some to showcase Australia and maybe some with an aviation theme too!
Great stuff-i'll be asking at the counter for special stamps-see what they can produce

Quote:
I think I'd be quicker to send the model on a sequential path so it doesn't have to criss-cross continents each time and I'd be a bit less expensive. Here's what I propose:

I can see where you are coming from, but i think the more miles this one model does the better and provided you guys don't mind, the further it's sent the more stamps needed

Can you post the link for the mileage calculator-looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Ahem, Yorkshire
Sorry buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
I recommend a chartiy painted aircraft like the AA and DL breast cancer awarness planes.
Great idea!! I shall source one sharpish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Guernsey,Channel Islands mate...
Good man
Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #48
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

The current list
1) Flight Fan-Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos-Athens, Greece
3) Pashka-London, UK
4) Lufthansa340-New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator-Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10-Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200-Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159- Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06, Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777-Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319-Not sure where you are!
13) Silverbird-Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda-Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc-Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super-London, UK
18) Jetsforlife-Nebraska-USA
19) Matt109-UK
20) Daniel333-Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines- Saint Louis USA

Old 07-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #49
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post

I can see where you are coming from, but i think the more miles this one model does the better and provided you guys don't mind, the further it's sent the more stamps needed

Can you post the link for the mileage calculator-looks good!
Great Circle Mapper

There ya go
Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #50
First Officer

shaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributor

The current list
1) Flight Fan-Stockholm, Sweden
2) Alexakos-Athens, Greece
3) Pashka-London, UK
4) Lufthansa340-New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator-Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10-Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200-Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159- Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue-Boston, USA
10) Frenchwings06, Dallas, USA
11) Fedex777-Longbeach, USA
12) Silkair319-Not sure where you are!
13) Silverbird-Hamburg, Germany
14) Ijineda-Vienna, Austria
15) Flyingdoc-Melbourne, Australia
16) Eq&sq-Singapore, RSA
17) Speedbird380super-London, UK
18) Jetsforlife-Nebraska-USA
19) Matt109-UK
20) Daniel333-Mexico/Denmark
21) Southwest Airlines- Saint Louis USA
22) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada

Would give you all a nice backdrop over the "Falls" - often get commercial pilots make requests to circle over the Falls on approach to Buffalo, NY!
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #51
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

ARN-ATH-LHR-SWF-TLV-LBA-FRA-GCI-BOS-DFW-LGB-(Silkair319)-HAM-VIE-MEL-SIN-LHR-LNK-(Matt109)-MEX-STL

Great Circle Mapper
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #52
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufthansa340 View Post
ARN-ATH-LHR-SWF-TLV-LBA-FRA-GCI-BOS-DFW-LGB-(Silkair319)-HAM-VIE-MEL-SIN-LHR-LNK-(Matt109)-MEX-STL

Great Circle Mapper
2 stops missing

Great circle map
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #53
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufthansa340 View Post
ARN-ATH-LHR-SWF-TLV-LBA-FRA-GCI-BOS-DFW-LGB-(Silkair319)-HAM-VIE-MEL-SIN-LHR-OMA-(Matt109)-MEX-STL

Great Circle Mapper
Would be OMA for me instead of LNK.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #54
First Officer

shaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributor

You can use BUF for Niagara Falls.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #55
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Here we go... ... any ideas for what model we'll be sending the 56k miles?
Attached Thumbnails
WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread)-map.gif  
Old 07-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #56
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

Silkair319's in Singapore.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #57
First Officer

Quote:
Silkair319's in Singapore.
Thanks ... updated
Attached Thumbnails
WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread)-map.gif  
Old 07-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #58
Admin

I'm hoping to source a Delta 752 Breast Cancer Awareness 1/500 for the trip. I liked the idea of promoting a good cause. All being well the bird will be making her first flight to Sweden by the end of this week

EDIT: The map is class!!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #59
Second Officer

jetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributorjetsforlife is an excellent contributor
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

So what exactly is the order from place to place? What ek&sq said?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #60
Admin

Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

I've had a few PM's about this, i think i have been a bit vague. The numbered list is the order. When you receive the model you PM the next person for their details. For example. I PM'd flight fan for his postage details. When he gets the model he will PM Alexakos. Willie you will PM Matt109 when you get the model and post it to him. So 1 sends it to 2 who sends it to 3 and so on...

Hope that is a bit clearer guys

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: