WINGS900 Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thread) - Page 12 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Would you like to take part?
Yes 41 97.62%
No 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 AM   #166
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
The Ethniki odos picture looks really weird, but in an interesting way. Love it ! Thanks for the lovely shots, Alex.

-Jay
I know... I thought so too! Its like a puppy overlooking your dashboard while you drive! heheheh

The next member in London asked an interesting question. What would be the "hold on" time be as a limit. Was one set? I would think a max of 5 days would be ok.
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #167
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_DC-10 View Post
I must be missing something, where are all the pictures?
This is the comments thread

Here's the photo thread

https://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...to-thread.html
Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #168
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Another old hand has joined us

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden-COMPLETE
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece
3) Pashka - London, UK
4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
12) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
13) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA
14) Silverbird - Hamburg, Germany
15) Ijineda - Vienna, Austria
16) Flyingdoc - Melbourne, Australia
17) Eq&sq - Singapore, RSA
18) Speedbird380super - London, UK
19) Jetsforlife - Nebraska, USA
20) Matt109 - Belper, Derbyshire, UK
21) Daniel333 - Mexico/Denmark
22) Southwest Airlines - Saint Louis, USA
23) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada
24) Anglojet - London, UK
25) Cygnum - Rotterdam, Netherlands
26) Faucett Peru - Mainz, Germany
27) Blue Angel No 5 - Houston, USA
28) Joschik - Amersham, UK
29) Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
30) Captain Wahoo - Marquette, USA
31) VSROY - Blackpool, UK
32) lowflyer7 - Stuttgart, Germany
33) Scottish DC-10-Rammstein, Germany
34) n777co-Illinois, USA
35) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

Last edited by furryforest; 08-25-2010 at 01:12 PM.
furryforest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #169
First Officer

FrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast iconFrenchWings06 is a diecast icon
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Photo Thread

DUDE!
You got airplane seats in your office!
Soooo Badass!!!!
FrenchWings06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #170
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchWings06 View Post
DUDE!
You got airplane seats in your office!
Soooo Badass!!!!
Yup! 2 sets!
One business class right in front of me and another 2seater economy class on the right side for further visitors in my office.
It shure makes an unforgetable visit and it has become the talk of the town as I have heard. And to think that I have NO connection whatsoever with the aviation industry. I own a catering business that mostly caters ceremonies and parties.
Those seats where purchased on ebay and I had them shipped form Germany.
Quite easy to find, they cost about 150-300 euros depending on condition. I am thinking on getting some leather covers for them.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #171
Puddle Jumper

lanceb is flying under the radar
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity: Model Around The World Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
I know... I thought so too! Its like a puppy overlooking your dashboard while you drive! heheheh

The next member in London asked an interesting question. What would be the "hold on" time be as a limit. Was one set? I would think a max of 5 days would be ok.
5 days per person + 1-2 weeks travel for each leg x 35 people you look at near 665 days worth of traveling!
lanceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #172
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thr

Awsome car Alex! I love the stingray!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #173
Just give me wings!

Re: WINGS900 Community Members Unite For Charity:Model Around The World (Comments Thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Awsome car Alex! I love the stingray!
Thank you! Nice to see another fan of the ray!
It took me 5 years to complete it.... and it shure was worth every singly oily moment!
Catch more images here
My vette pictures by alex-akos - Photobucket
Old 08-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #174
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Thank you! Nice to see another fan of the ray!
It took me 5 years to complete it.... and it shure was worth every singly oily moment!
Catch more images here
My vette pictures by alex-akos - Photobucket
It sure is worth all that time when you got a beuty like that in your garage!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #175
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS
I hope I have made this stop interesting... and that I did not go to far with the images!
very nice, instead of a simple photo proof 'Wingster 2-10 arrived in Athens' you gave a an intersting virtual city tour. Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
5 days per person + 1-2 weeks travel for each leg x 35 people you look at near 665 days worth of traveling!
Almost 2 years . Alex was just the second stop of 35, already 3 weeks since the journey started, and it didn't even leave europe yet. That will be quite a journey. What will be left of the model and the box in 2 years after it has been touched by so many hands and travelled so such a long way ?
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #176
Just give me wings!

Thank you for your kind words. Can't wait to see images of beautifull Hamburg city. I have heard lost of nice things about from my german relatives and you of course

As for the "Hold on" period. I received the model Wednesday morning did most of the shooting on that day... and yes if wanted to miss out a few images.. it could have gone out the same day! On the other hand if someone is a bit busy and can not get the project done the same day, a three day period sould be MORE than enough to cover it. Shipping is around 5 days within europe and 10 max to a different continent when shipped registered

Regardless of how many months it will take to complete the circle, the box and the model will suffer some wearing! I beleive the buyer, would not mind a tad bit worn model cause it traveled the world with all the stamps alomg with it. It makes it look more realistc

I took the Wingster out of the cardboard box only ONCE and kept it in the plastic mould to reduce the box's tougues friction.

Let me tell you IT IS VERY STRESSFULL holding on to that model and taking images.... the fear of wasting it ( down the hill, in a shaft, on a rock or even someone ripping it of your hand while shooting it) is constantly on your mind!!!!

On the other hand.. IST A DAMN BIG HONOUR!
Enjoy YOUR TURN as it really IS your 5 minutes of FAME!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #177
Just give me wings!

Wingster is gone!
I feel empty now
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #178
Just give me wings!

HEY PASHKA!
I traced the wingster and it reads
Your item with reference RE536537934GR was delivered from our WOOLWICH Delivery Office on 01/09/10 .
You received it 2 days ago!?
EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?
Let's have some London!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #179
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Current status of "Wingster"

The list should only be reposted/updated once the previous member had sent it off to the next person.. (To keep a trackrecord of it's "location" Just a thought.)

1) Flight Fan - Stockholm, Sweden-COMPLETE
2) Alexakos - Athens, Greece-COMPLETE

3) Pashka - London, UK-INBOUND

4) Lufthansa340 - New York (Poughkeepsie), USA
5) TheCreator - Tel Aviv, Israel
6) MYT DC-10 - Yorkshire, UK
7) CO777/200 - Giebelstadt, Germany
8) Vince1159 - Guernsey, UK
9) #1jetblue - Boston, USA
12) Fedex777 - Longbeach, USA
13) Silkair319 - Singapore, RSA
14) Silverbird - Hamburg, Germany
15) Ijineda - Vienna, Austria
16) Flyingdoc - Melbourne, Australia
17) Eq&sq - Singapore, RSA
18) Speedbird380super - London, UK
19) Jetsforlife - Nebraska, USA
20) Matt109 - Belper, Derbyshire, UK
21) Daniel333 - Mexico/Denmark
22) Southwest Airlines - Saint Louis, USA
23) Shaker - Niagara Falls, Canada
24) Anglojet - London, UK
25) Cygnum - Rotterdam, Netherlands
26) Faucett Peru - Mainz, Germany
27) Blue Angel No 5 - Houston, USA
28) Joschik - Amersham, UK
29) Rex - Copenhagen, Denmark
30) Captain Wahoo - Marquette, USA
31) VSROY - Blackpool, UK
32) lowflyer7 - Stuttgart, Germany
33) Scottish DC-10-Rammstein, Germany
34) n777co-Illinois, USA
35) Furryforest, Northern Ireland, UK

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #180
RJ Second Officer

PASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting started

Hi Everyone! This is L O N D O N calling. The model safe and sound in UK. Sorry that I haven't posted anything as had a busy couple days.

I am taking today a model for sightseeing in Central London So I will post the photos in the evening. Hope you are all well.

PASHKA

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: