Aviation in art - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Aviation in art

Tate Britain| Current Exhibitions | Tate Britain Duveens Commission 2010

A Harrier and Jaguar that were used in combat operations have a new lease of life at Tate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aviation in art

I take it none of the aircrafts has nothing inside, while it's suspended into the air like that.
How exactly? Is it an optical illusion ? Or is the Harrier hanging from the ceiling? The Sepecat is very interesting. Thanks for posting.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I believe they have been stripped both internally and of all paint. The Harrier to suspended from the ceiling, i believe it's meant to be symbolic of an angel

Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Absolutely fascinating exhibition. I was moved to read more about it and also about the artist, which was also fascinating.

Some further links for those who are interested...

Fiona Banner at Tate Britain: Harrier and Jaguar | Art and design | guardian.co.uk

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...n-fiona-banner

I would definitely go and see this if I were visiting the UK and I would probably visit Fiona Banner's gallery at the Frith Street Gallery as well.

Thanks Furry!

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Last i heard was £7,000 for Jag T.2, back when they had just been taken out of service.

Good find Furry

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: