Solar System, Deep Space, UFO... - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Solar System, Deep Space, UFO...

Hi guys. I know that it may be a trivial question, but in this forum we discuss about civil and military aviation world and very often happened that pilots and even astronauts during space shuttle missions, have seen unidentified flying objects.
There are billions of galaxies in the universe, and in each galaxy there are billions of stars, in most binary stars and G spectral class (as the Sun is). Exist the Drake equation, whereby you can extrapolate how many advanced civilizations might exist in the universe, ranging from 1 (pessimistic) to over 5000 (optimistic, although this is an adjustable number). I think that in the Universe there are millions of life forms, going from bacteria to technologically advanced civilizations; but the distances between stars are so immense that there not will be a short-term contact. So if an alien has been able to reach us, a planet with a technological society inhabited by intelligent beings, after certainly a long and difficult journey...begins to play with us not to be seen??? I would not. I would look for some time the planet where i arrived and then i would show, look for a contact. Hence i believe that UFO's are natural phenomena, man jokes, optical illusions.
What do you think?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: What do you think about UFO's?

Good question. I'm very open to the idea, in fact i like to think we are not alone. I think it would be arrogant for anyone to say that there is no other life out there.

Our galaxy, the Milky Way is estimated to have between 200-400 BILLION stars and that's just in our galaxy! Andromeda galaxy has an estimated 1 TRILLION stars.

Now for my last exciting fact, Hubble shows 10'000 galaxies in a mere 0.000024% of the sky.

Now if we can get beyond the thinking that any life out there started the same time as our did, then there could very well be evolved species that are capable of exploring galaxies and the universe.

When i think about those facts and tell myself we're the only species out there, i suddenly feel quite lonely in a planet of 6 billion

So for me, 99% of UFO's can be explained or dismissed, but i think there's a good possibility that 1% are genuine
Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

Yes I agree with both posts. For years I believed in UFOs and that aliens had visited us with so many reports and genuinely thought some sort of craft was secretly hidden away at Area 51 in the Nevada desert. However as the years rolled by, none of these stories provided any proof whatsoever, no photos or evidence and the 'Area 51 spoof' was disinformation to divert the public's attention away from stealth technology trials that were being carried out. Indeed there is life out there, but the distances are immense and whether they are able to conquer these is debateable.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
The Lead Solo

Blue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributorBlue Angel No.5 is a good contributor

Gotta see it to believe it! Outta sight, outta mind, and so on and so forth... The possibilities, are certainly not ruled out, however...
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

There are billions of galaxies out there, Visiting your Galaxy and entering your milky, and buzz around your Planet Earth would probably be the last thing I would do, when there is billions of galaxies I could visit instead. The Aliens would consider the humans here on this planet like some microbes and they are super advanced. They don't need anything from us (Technologically speaking) If ever they would visit us, they would probably look around and say We've come this far "This is a waste of time" .

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

There will be other life, but not life like any mammal on earth.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Widebody collector

speedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributor

An interesting theory that I read once, was that UFO's aren't space-ships but time-ships.

This could explain, the many variety of "spaceships" that eyewitnesses report seeing, as they would be from different peiods of time. The theory also mentioned, that the "aliens" in fact could be future in-habitants of Earth

There was an interesting article from the New Scientist about the idea of "infinite universes". Therefore, maybe it's possible that these "UFO's" are coming from other universes
speedbird380super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Wings900 Team Member

ahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributorahsan24 is an excellent contributor

I think it is highly probable that life exist in other planets... but not in a hurry to meet any yet
ahsan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Puddle Jumper

Deltaconnection96 needs to improve

I think the technology of other planets life is way more advanced than humans
Deltaconnection96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

I am sure there is life elsewhere, just not near us
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Coming back to this thread, i have written some interesting news. Some scientists have discovered two water planets!
The first is GJ 1214B: it was discovered in 2009, but now that scientists are sure that this planet, large 2,7 times the Earth, is a water planet. The density of the planet is 1 g/cm3, while the density of the water (at 25 °C) is 0.99...the planet should be formed by water! It is 42 light years far from the Earth.
The second planet is around the star 55Cancri A, 40 light years from the Earth. It was discovered in 2004, but thanks to Spitzer Space Telescope (NASA) and MOST Telescope (Canada), the scientists have discovered that this planet is very strange: it is 2 times the Earth, and its atmosphere is formed by rocks and, for the 20%, of water! But the planet is so close to its star that the water is at the "supercritical" state, that means that the liquid phase and the gaseous phase become one. The planet always "presents" the same face to the star (like the moon with the Earth), so one face of the planet has "eternal" light and high temperature, while the other face is in perennial darkness.

One thing is sure: where there is water, there could be life!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobbyherpacollectorUK is a legend of the hobby

I don't know whether I believe in UFO's. I do however think that somewhere out there is more 'technologically advanced' planets. I wonder whether we will ever find them though!

I wonder whether they have aircraft out there?
How about model aircraft?
If they do - they will probably look nothing like our typical commercial aircraft.

Nice thread Alessandro.

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

I am open to the idea of life on another planet. But as i haven't seen any for myself, i don't know what to think of it. But all i have to say is: The truth is out there.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
First Officer

BWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dog

We are merely a grain of sand in the ocean compared to our galaxy. Personally, I think it would be absurd to think we are the only planet with life, much less intelligent life out there. Like Charter said, where there is water there has to be life. As far as UFO's are concerened, my sister is a N. Physicist in Oak Ridge, Tenn. She's been to sites out in New Mexico and Colorado, Restricted areas if you will. She tells us there are things she has seen that she will take with her to the grave. Not because she does not want to share info, simply because she cannot. I love talking to her about this stuff. She quickly changes the subject as if she were programmed to do so on a dime!
BWIAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
RJ Captain

wiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast iconwiky88 is a diecast icon

I will simply refer to the game Halo, I know it's fake but the possibility is real. 500 years, we might be invaded by a blood thirsty civilization. Who knows. The universe is big.

wiky88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: