Solar System, Deep Space, UFO... - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #46
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby
Re: What do you think about UFO's?

I knew this was going to happen...Classic (original,sorry Charter ) Sci Fi movies...

War of the Worlds...
The Day the Earth Stood Still...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #47
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
I knew this was going to happen...Classic (original,sorry Charter ) Sci Fi movies...

War of the Worlds...
Well, if the thread continues to talk about UFO's and Aliens...here we are.
If we don't reflect about phisics and maths, we imagine the aliens as Hollywood has realized them: E.T., Alien, Independence Day, Visitors, War of the Worlds, Predator, Cocoon, and thousands of different forms and...badness!
I would like also to imagine something of true, according to the distance of the alien planet from its star, its temperature, its pressure, its gravity, the quantity of oxigen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the light the planet receives from its star...all these things regarding the exobiology.
Now i'm writing something for which our friend MYT DC-10 will laugh at me until next Christmas...but i imagine something as Isaac Asimov as written in his "Foundation Trilogy" masterpieces: i imagine (and perhaps i think) that in the centre of our galaxy, where the engine is an immense black hole and where the stars are much closer of the spiral arms where we are, there could already be a kind of "group of civilization" (i can't tell "an Empire" because otherwise MYT DC-10 will laugh at me until the end of the World...), with different levels of technology! If life exists in different forms of single bacteria, it will be where the possibility to find planets orbiting around a star similar to the Sun (category G) at the right distance (orbit of habitability) is higher, or where there is a higher concentration of stars.
I think that we could find some bacteria on Europa and on Titan.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 05-15-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #48
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post

War of the Worlds...
Not to mention "The event horizon", where the alien is the...Evil!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #49
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

Yes thatīs a good point Charter. But if we talk about highly advanced alien civilizations, we also must bring the "Fermi paradox" into play: considering the age of the universe, the possibilities of inhabitale worlds, and the age of possible other civilisations, we should have - mathematically and statistically - already made contact with Alien intelligence. But we havenīt (at least, officially)
So what could this mean ?
1.We are alone in the universe
2.Other advanced civilizations are already extinct; or just still developing.
3.Interstellar communication or travel is impossible or way to expensive to realize.
4.Aliens choose not to explore space, for whatever reason,
5.They hide their existence from us (the "Zoo hypothesis")
6.They are already so advanced that we cannot detect them anymore.

Interesting thoughts. I like this, as a Star Trek Fan.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #50
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conventi View Post
Yes thatīs a good point Charter. But if we talk about highly advanced alien civilizations, we also must bring the "Fermi paradox" into play: considering the age of the universe, the possibilities of inhabitale worlds, and the age of possible other civilisations, we should have - mathematically and statistically - already made contact with Alien intelligence. But we havenīt (at least, officially)
So what could this mean ?
1.We are alone in the universe
2.Other advanced civilizations are already extinct; or just still developing.
3.Interstellar communication or travel is impossible or way to expensive to realize.
4.Aliens choose not to explore space, for whatever reason,
5.They hide their existence from us (the "Zoo hypothesis")
6.They are already so advanced that we cannot detect them anymore.

Interesting thoughts. I like this, as a Star Trek Fan.
Michael i think that the distances in the Universe are too great, and we are on the far outskirts of the Galaxy; it would be really a luck (good or bad according to the type of aliens) meet a civilization!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #51
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

I would like to raise one questions regarding our universe.

Using Thomas Aquinas' idea that an Arrow, in order to hit the target, must have an archer to aim it. Also using William Paley's theory that a watch is so 'perfect' in it's design, that it must have had a designer.

These ideas bring me to the question - What is the universe in?

For example, Earth is in a Solar System, the solar system in a galaxy, within a Milky Way, within the Universe, but what is your idea of what/where the universe is located?

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #52
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
I would like to raise one questions regarding our universe.

Using Thomas Aquinas' idea that an Arrow, in order to hit the target, must have an archer to aim it. Also using William Paley's theory that a watch is so 'perfect' in it's design, that it must have had a designer.

These ideas bring me to the question - What is the universe in?

For example, Earth is in a Solar System, the solar system in a galaxy, within a Milky Way, within the Universe, but what is your idea of what/where the universe is located?
It is located in the dimension we are living inside...different from other universes located in different dimensions. Or maybe our universe is just one level respect infinite levels, where infinite universes are located in!
Or maybe our universe ends 18 billion light years (the most far things we are able to see with the Hubble Space Telescope), then there are...new "Columns of Hercules".

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #53
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
It is located in the dimension we are living inside...different from other universes located in different dimensions. Or maybe our universe is just one level respect infinite levels, where infinite universes are located in!
Or maybe our universe ends 18 billion light years (the most far things we are able to see with the Hubble Space Telescope), then there are...new "Columns of Hercules".
I wonder if we humans will ever fully understand the concept of the universe, or the reality of other dimensions or existence itself. If you bring this concept a little further, the entire universe (including us) could just be someoneīs simulation.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #54
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conventi View Post
I wonder if we humans will ever fully understand the concept of the universe, or the reality of other dimensions or existence itself. If you bring this concept a little further, the entire universe (including us) could just be someoneīs simulation.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #55
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emirates_Pilot_777-300LR View Post
i do belive in ufos i saw a ufo in seattle last year my mum says it was a govenmrent balloon but im pretty sure it was a ufo
What kind of UFO it was?
Technically U.F.O. means "unidentified flying object", so it is not necessarily a "spaceship"...Also a balloon or something else of humans could be an UFO.

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #56
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

My friends, i've got something shocking to show you. I just noticed it in the back of picture i took a couple of days ago. I can't belive my eyes!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #57
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
My friends, i've got something shocking to show you. I just noticed it in the back of picture i took a couple of days ago. I can't belive my eyes!

Are you joking, Oskar, or it is real (the photo, i mean)?

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #58
Red Eagles!

The photo is real! 100% real. However, the UFO is not. Got ya! I found it in early 2011 in the background at a model railroad club layout. I had forgoten all about it until today.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #59
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
The photo is real! 100% real. However, the UFO is not. Got ya! I found it in early 2011 in the background at a model railroad club layout. I had forgoten all about it until today.
Good catch...

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #60
Big Brother is watching

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Couple of hub caps stuck together!
Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: