Solar System, Deep Space, UFO... - Page 12 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #166
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Solar System, Deep Space, UFO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Send Donald to space, in his super douper rocket. As we all know, he knows more than anybody in the world about everything….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GqJna9hpTE

Glad he doesnt have an important job these days…..
One thing is sure and i agree with him: he knows golf more than anybody!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #167
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
One thing is sure and i agree with him: he knows golf more than anybody!
Funny you say this, as this was EXACTLY my thouhgt as well the moment he mentioned it
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #168
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
I do wonder for how long SpaceX will be able to compete. Elon's behavior has been so erratic, that NASA might reward the next set of contracts to another company. Plus with that incident where he smoked the reefer on the internet, caused him to have his security clearance pulled, at least for a while (this will DQ you from holding a security clearance. NASA items usually require a Public Trust security clearance). Heard similar stories of folks who went to Colorado, consumed stuff, and lose their jobs upon coming back since the cup test came back positive...
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2020, 03:56 PM   #169
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
I do wonder for how long SpaceX will be able to compete. Elon's behavior has been so erratic, that NASA might reward the next set of contracts to another company. Plus with that incident where he smoked the reefer on the internet, caused him to have his security clearance pulled, at least for a while (this will DQ you from holding a security clearance. NASA items usually require a Public Trust security clearance). Heard similar stories of folks who went to Colorado, consumed stuff, and lose their jobs upon coming back since the cup test came back positive...
One thing is sure: if this "experiment" will be successful, as i think and hope, the link among NASA and SpaceX (or another private partner = money) is necessary.
Even because returning on the Moon is not a walk in the park, even more difficult building a Lunar Base. And what about Mars? In the last years even NASA refers to Mars as a target to reach in few years...with Discovery Channel, 3D reconstructions, fantasy and the help of the beautiful probes studying the planet.
But a human 6/8 months mission, some weeks on the planet and the return is still sci-fi.
In my opinion in few years, after the Moon, would be easier send a group of astronauts on Venus upper atmosphere, where there are 27 °C of temperature and where there could be the right amount of O2, CO2 and N.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 05-18-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #170
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Quote:
One thing is sure: if this "experiment" will be successful, as i think and hope, the link among NASA and SpaceX (or another private partner = money) is necessary.
Even because returning on the Moon is not a walk in the park, even more difficult building a Lunar Base. And what about Mars? In the last years even NASA refers to Mars as a target to reach in few years...with Discovery Channel, 3D reconstructions, fantasy and the help of the beautiful probes studying the planet.
But a human 6/8 months mission, some weeks on the planet and the return is still sci-fi.
In my opinion in few years, after the Moon, would be easier send a group of astronauts on Venus upper atmosphere, where there are 27 °C of temperature and where there could be the right amount of O2, CO2 and N.
I've personally seen some of the work at NASA Swampworks at the cape back in 2015. We are unlikely to be going to mars with people any time within the next 50 years barring any huge jumps in technology.

When I was there, they were totally making it clear, moon is the big step.

If course, I got to see Dr. Robert Zubrin, author of "The Case for Mars" speak at an AIAA event at UCF a while ago. Apparently another thing slowing down NASA mars is the insane amount of red tape being largely put in by suppliers to force their way in, and adding a needlessly large complex map of steps to even get to mars from where we are now.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:18 AM   #171
The Dark Side

Quote:
I've personally seen some of the work at NASA Swampworks at the cape back in 2015. We are unlikely to be going to mars with people any time within the next 50 years barring any huge jumps in technology.

When I was there, they were totally making it clear, moon is the big step.

If course, I got to see Dr. Robert Zubrin, author of "The Case for Mars" speak at an AIAA event at UCF a while ago. Apparently another thing slowing down NASA mars is the insane amount of red tape being largely put in by suppliers to force their way in, and adding a needlessly large complex map of steps to even get to mars from where we are now.
This is the day! I hope you will be able to take some pics, you will be the KING of spotters!
Here in Rome TV live from 9.10 pm.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #172
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Last year i bought the series Cosmos by Carl Sagan,it's a bit dated now but still fascinating to watch after all the years since i originally saw it...

https://youtu.be/bzS39oghcnY

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #173
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Last year i bought the series Cosmos by Carl Sagan,it's a bit dated now but still fascinating to watch after all the years since i originally saw it...

https://youtu.be/bzS39oghcnY
Great man and scientist, the father of Viking and SETI.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #174
The Dark Side

The three main steps:

Saturn V

Space Shuttle

Space X

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #175
The Dark Side

Amazing!!!

But the lauch could be postponed because of the weather!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-27-2020, 05:57 PM   #176
The Dark Side

NASA's SpaceX launch live updates: Mission called off due to ...

What a pity!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #177
The Dark Side

Again looking at the TV with trepidation for the new attempt for NASA + Space X for the launch of Crew Dragon!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #178
The Dark Side

An immense emotion!
WATCH LIVE: NASA, SpaceX launch spacecraft in historic ...

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-30-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #179
The Dark Side

The wonderful Crew Dragon return!
https://youtu.be/13OkD0C_TWU

Charter airlines lover

Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 AM   #180
The Dark Side

Last night a new, amazing episodi of Elon Musk SpaceX in cooperation with NASA: just six months after Dragon Crew - Demo 2, spaceship "Resilience" took the Sky handling four astronauts for ISS, the first operative flight.
https://youtu.be/PYLhLA_sv6E

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: