Airbus, Boeing, Douglas, or Embraer? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

View Poll Results: Airbus, Boeing, Douglas, or Embraer?
Airbus A320 Series 0 0%
Boeing 737 Series 2 66.67%
Douglas DC-9 Series (Including the MD-80 Series and the 717) 0 0%
Embraer E-Jet Series 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #1

AirNorthern needs to improve
Airbus, Boeing, Douglas, or Embraer?

So I'm working on starting an airline and want some feedback. If you could, would you fly on an Airbus A320 Series (A318 to A320), a Boeing 737 Series (200 through 800), a Douglas DC-9 Series (DC-9, MD80, MD-90, 717), or an Embraer E-Jet (170, 175, 190, 195).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Airbus, Boeing, Douglas, or Embraer?

What the heck?

For real? For a mess about? Im confused.

Anyways, DC-10 all the way

Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
What the heck?

For real? For a mess about? Im confused.

Anyways, DC-10 all the way

Yes, 100% for real. I can't use a DC-10 because it's a domestic/regional airline, and the runway isn't long enough, even though it's 9,000 feet long.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Fairchild and Hiller FH-227B

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Fairchild and Hiller FH-227B
Doesn't have the speed or seating capacity needed.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Seating capacity, eh? Ilyushin IL-18 for me then. If speed is still more of a concern then Tu-134. If Speed and Seating is something you still need to mix, a Tu-114 might do the job.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Seating capacity, eh? Ilyushin IL-18 for me then. If speed is still more of a concern then Tu-134. If Speed and Seating is something you still need to mix, a Tu-114 might do the job.
Yes, but they're not readily available in the United States, and most US and Canadians are not as willing to step on a Soviet built airliner.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNorthern View Post
Yes, but they're not readily available in the United States, and most US and Canadians are not as willing to step on a Soviet built airliner.
Of course, but we're talking about Virtual Americans and Canadians, not having to deal with the political issues of the last 50 years.

Of course, I call you out on your little "airline starting" venture, because if you really were in the airline business and not running some Virtual airline, you would have noted from my posts alone some of the stuff that a real airline person would have noted, which is 1), that NONE of them are certified in the United States, and 2) the fact that these have engines that are very loud that would effectively ban them from the skies over most of the EU and United States, and even if Tupolev and Ilyushin did go through certification process for the US (this has to be done via the manufacture/design company) the trouble of re-engineering the aircraft to modern standards just isn't worth it anymore as both have newer aircraft to cover these older, but successful lines.

I can also call you out on the DC-10 point, as the DC-10 can make it on a 9000 ft. runway. Even with a full load, it should be able to safely clear the runway with little issue unless this regional airport just happens to be on Mount Everest or in the middle of the Andes, and looking at your "route map", you should not be having to use as of a much fuel load for the trip either. If they don't have airport equipment that can handle the DC-10, even in the slightest bit, then I'm highly intrigued on how they'll be able to handle the A32X series, which I recall do not have their own sets of air stairs like the 737 series.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Of course, but we're talking about Virtual Americans and Canadians, not having to deal with the political issues of the last 50 years.

Of course, I call you out on your little "airline starting" venture, because if you really were in the airline business and not running some Virtual airline, you would have noted from my posts alone some of the stuff that a real airline person would have noted, which is 1), that NONE of them are certified in the United States, and 2) the fact that these have engines that are very loud that would effectively ban them from the skies over most of the EU and United States, and even if Tupolev and Ilyushin did go through certification process for the US (this has to be done via the manufacture/design company) the trouble of re-engineering the aircraft to modern standards just isn't worth it anymore as both have newer aircraft to cover these older, but successful lines.

I can also call you out on the DC-10 point, as the DC-10 can make it on a 9000 ft. runway. Even with a full load, it should be able to safely clear the runway with little issue unless this regional airport just happens to be on Mount Everest or in the middle of the Andes, and looking at your "route map", you should not be having to use as of a much fuel load for the trip either. If they don't have airport equipment that can handle the DC-10, even in the slightest bit, then I'm highly intrigued on how they'll be able to handle the A32X series, which I recall do not have their own sets of air stairs like the 737 series.
It may make it, but it's 9000 feet long by 150 feet wide, and there is no way it could taxi. And no, I'm talking about real life, not fiction. Real Americans and Canadians. 1. I don't give a flying frak about Tupolev airliners. Even if they were imported here from Russia, it would take hundreds of man hours to get them up to speed, which is why I am not looking into them. 2. I am not interested in DC-10's at all because it would be damn near impossible to operate them out of Glacier Park International Airport in Kalispell, Montana. And if I could, I would have more seats than I would know what to do with, so that's out of the question. My father was an engineer on a DC-10 for 10 years. Just because he knew how to operate them and fly them doesn't mean I do, and to be honest, I don't care one damn about them because I am never going to use them.

Last edited by AirNorthern; 12-29-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #10
Як-40 Капитан

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNorthern View Post
It may make it, but it's 9000 feet long by 150 feet wide, and there is no way it could taxi. And no, I'm talking about real life, not fiction. Real Americans and Canadians.
Of course they're real virtual people. We must all treat our pixelated friends with the same amount of regaurd that we treat ourselves. If we didn't, the skies over MSFS would be quite a sad and empty place. Again, 150 ft. wide is normal for most airport runways, from a quick glance, I notice that KSEA has runways that are 150ft wide. From what I can see, this airport can support a DC-10. From the charts I can see, it looks like it could be able to taxi. Like I said, if it has equipment to support an A32X, it should have the same equipment to be adjusted for a DC-10.

From this point, it looks like that you definitely are trying to start up not a real 1:1 scale airline, but a Virtual one for MSFS. I've been here long enough to be able to know who is BSing about these types of things and who isn't, where is Dylan when we need him.

Quote:
It may make it, but it's 9000 feet long by 150 feet wide, and there is no way it could taxi. And no, I'm talking about real life, not fiction. Real Americans and Canadians. 1. I don't give a flying frak about Tupolev airliners. Even if they were imported here from Russia, it would take hundreds of man hours to get them up to speed, which is why I am not looking into them. 2. I am not interested in DC-10's at all because it would be damn near impossible to operate them out of Glacier Park International Airport in Kalispell, Montana. And if I could, I would have more seats than I would know what to do with, so that's out of the question. My father was an engineer on a DC-10 for 10 years. Just because he knew how to operate them and fly them doesn't mean I do, and to be honest, I don't care one damn about them because I am never going to use them.
While we're editing our posts to add what we added. Why the hell do you wanna operate large jets out of an airport that gets only 10 flights a day, and all of them on small regional jets for that matter? At this point, I know what you're saying is Bull fecal matter! First off, Imported from Russia and hundreds of man hours? It's not like they take them apart, put them on a streamer in Leningrad, arrive in New York then put them on a CSX Train going to Chicago, where it would then be transferred to a BNSF train until it gets to the Marias Pass, which includes the small, and sleepy town of Kalispell that most would not even know exists had it not been for Microsoft Train Simulator, as to which it would arrive at the airport in boxes and you'd have to put together.

I KNOW you're just a kid, heck, I could have sworn when you joined a month ago, you were like 15 or something like that. I am looking at your site, which claims to own a 737-200 and a few other aircraft that are widely used in smaller scale Regional flying. If so, almost any information I find about this airport DOES NOT include your airline for whatever reason whatsoever.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 12-29-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor

Thread closed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: