Stupidity never fails to amaze... - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #16
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby
Re: Stupidity never fails to amaze...

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Waff-can you clarify will the IFE systems not be available on all carriers for the full flight??
It's being handeled on an airline/entertaintment system case by case basis. The biggest issue is if the IFE is connected with the "gps map" aka United and they have no ability to turn the map off they have turned off the entire system, others have turned it off an hour prior to landing some have been able to shut off the maps...it's all mass chaos as airlines try and figure out what to do.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

No IFE
NO Pillows
NO Laptop
NO Reading materials
Cant get up to pee in the last hour
Cant get up

What I just sit there with my hands in the air and stare at the bulkheads???

Can I atleast masterbate?
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
Tech Junkie

ek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributorek&sq is a good contributor

An update on the second situation - apparently the guy was sick. So they made a mountain of a molehill.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
Senior Captain

Juneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dogJuneau_Flyer_18 is a top dog

Great...and I have to fly back to Texas Tomorrow...I'll be sure and tell you guys how it goes...

Flying will never be the same, thanks to those Middle eastern cowards. Nuke's anyone?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:49 AM   #20
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
It's being handeled on an airline/entertaintment system case by case basis. The biggest issue is if the IFE is connected with the "gps map" aka United and they have no ability to turn the map off they have turned off the entire system, others have turned it off an hour prior to landing some have been able to shut off the maps...it's all mass chaos as airlines try and figure out what to do.
Cheers Waff. I can only hope that in 9 days time they will have sorted things and that CO let me use their IFE on myflight. I was very impressed by it this year and looked forward to the flight
Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #21
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

Ah...just read what had transpired, which would explain the new regulations. The bomber was in the lavatory for 20 minutes prior to his attempt to blow up the plane. Then he covered himself up with a blanket, saying he was sick.

Still, the new regulation won't deter another attempt. We all need to improve security screening in the airport since the terrorists know the screening machines are outdated.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #22
RJ Captain

garuda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciated

This is all crap, its like shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted.

They come up with all there great ideas to stop terrorists after the act has already been carried out,

I believe a london airport has been trialing a full body x-ray machine that shows a person naked, these would better detect liquid or powder strapped to a person.

Another solution is to make every middle-eastern islamic fanatic fly PIA , MEA, Biman, Emirates, Qatar etc together.

And shutting down the IFE a hour prior to landing wont help because the terrorist will either press the switch from the start or wait 10-15 minutes when hes guessing hes a little closer to land and take his chances.
And what about flights from LAX-MIA etc , any time is a good time to press the switch because your always going top be over u.s airspace.
Too many people in government getting to much money for stupid ideas.

Last edited by garuda747400; 12-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
garuda747400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
RJ Captain

PH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting started

I'm still not seeing any verification on these "requirements" from official sources... Which airline or airlines are advising their crews to act in such a fashion?

My Collection ˇ My Wish List ˇ My "Dream" List
Models for Sale or Trade
PH-LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #24
RJ Captain

PH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting startedPH-LKK is getting started

Correction. I have now found TSA Directive SD 1544-09-06, which appears to track the thread's openning report fairly well. But the directive expires on December 30, 2009 (i.e., the day after tomorrow). I'm sure the carriers are quite upset about the order to disable all in-flight entertainment systems during the duration of the flight, and that single element alone means that TSA won't be able to maintain this order for more than a week (in its current form). The political pressures alone (to let this ban expire on the 30th) will be overwhelming.

Does anyone have any information on any Directive that has been issued or is in the works that would extend the restrictions beyond the start of the new year?

My Collection ˇ My Wish List ˇ My "Dream" List
Models for Sale or Trade
PH-LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

One of the many articles out there..

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...&**=12771.blog

It appears some of the restictions such as the IFE have been revised, but the sit at the 1 hour at the end of the flight reamins.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog

How long will it go on for?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #27
RJ Captain

garuda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciatedgaruda747400 is appreciated

Does this only apply for flights to the usa or is this world wide.

Im flying to indonesia next month and cant do nothing for 18 hours
garuda747400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by garuda747400 View Post
Does this only apply for flights to the usa or is this world wide.

Im flying to indonesia next month and cant do nothing for 18 hours
Imagine that your back 30 years but have the luxuries of modern flights. ; ) the flight will be over in a jiffy
Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #29
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Glad I don't fly anymore.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #30
RJ First Officer

StarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radarStarAllianceFlyer is flying under the radar

Seems like the TSA is now leaving it up to the captain as to what the passengers can and cannot do in the final hour of the flight.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: