Fossil Awards - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor
Unhappy Fossil Awards

I think the governments should get together and come up with a REAL deal that benefits everyone. Every country needs to be a part of the green revolution. It only makes sense to use energy efficient power. It is time for the world leaders to forget about the money and living for today - they should be thinking of the future generations. I'm from the fossil award winning country of Canada.

The scientists who forged the results on global warming didn't help.

what are your feelings?
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Fossil Awards

Jeez! Somebody who makes sense. I totally agree with you. We (the collective 'we') need to all 'knuckle down' and put some serious ideas and suggestions to combat the emissions being released which 'may' (PC) contribute to global warming.
I have to say, that sometimes I'm embarrassed to say that, as a British citizen, I have a very polluting lifestlye, even though I am much greener compared to some people I know.
The key culprits: US, China, and India need to be more agreeable IMHO, and the UK and other nations ought to be more proactive about making change. But I do admire Obama for committing to make cuts in emissions without consulting Congress. I can only with that the PM would as decisive.. instead of dithering like a pansie! LOL

Correct.. I believe it was University Of Suffolk (UK) that stupidly forged the results. But regardless.. something MUST be done, besides: we will need alternative technologies for when the oil runs out! LOL

Cheers!

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 12-15-2009 at 03:17 PM.
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

I think the problem is with the wealth oil and fossil fuels generate. The rich people and countries are afraid of losing BIG money. The earth is just a fish tank in the universe. It doesn't really affect my generation but I know that we need to do something about it. I'm not one of those hippie save the planet guys but I'm starting to think we need to start doing something drastic. Just factor in how fast the global population is growing! I think we all pollute way too much - myself included. Anyone know about the Tesla free energy device?
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

My laptop runs on leaded gas.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Controlling pollution is different than contolling CO2. CO2 is not a pollutant. Plants need it to live. This Copenhagen thing is a dog and pony show that if all the nations agree will kill aviation, the lifestyle you enjoy and your freedom. Clean air, water, etc is what they should concentrate on, not on a pseudo science that will adversely affect all of our lives and put us back to the lifestyle of 1875.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #6

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
(the collective 'we') need to all 'knuckle down' and put some serious ideas and suggestions to combat the emissions being released which 'may' (PC) contribute to global warming.
Well, one thing I know, there IS clearly something happening. I've mentioned the very simple Butterfly example a few times already (and has been ignored), and that's just one, out of many I can think of.

Quote:
Correct.. I believe it was University Of Suffolk (UK) that stupidly forged the results. But regardless.. something MUST be done, besides: we will need alternative technologies for when the oil runs out! LOL
Cheers!
There's actually PLENTY of oil left, but the simple fact is, that we are just stupidly dirty and it's time we had a metaphorical spring clean anyway.

You lot seem to bring Al Gore and co up quite a lot, but to me, who isn't actually an aviation enthusiast as such (I just like the models), it just looks childish and almost as if you are having sour grapes. Car people are the same, it gets pathetic to read after a while with your cry baby whining and it's all just one big conspiracy, I mean LIVE WITH IT!!

Then again if this is like DA.C, then you will all be about 12 anyway.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-15-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

My refrigerator is powered by coal.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
You know, I inspected a house one time this fall that was powered by propane! I never seen that! So I believe it!

So now you live in the state of Algore.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
You know, I inspected a house one time this fall that was powered by propane! I never seen that! So I believe it!

Propane refigerators are very common in RVs. They make some that can run on propane, 12 volt DC or 120 volt AC.

This may be Gore's state, but trust me, he wouldn't show his face around my neck of the woods. The natives here will have quite the welcoming party for him.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
If its keeping your fridge cool, then I think we have found a solution to the melting ice caps. Full proof.

Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #11

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post

Arf arf, it reminds me of a joke I heard that a kid was played on by his father. Because I can't remember the owner of the TV, it was something along the lines of:

'See Mr Smith at the end of the road, he has a gas powered telly, why don't you go and ask him if you can see it?'

So, the kid went to see the person (who IIRC incidentally was in on the joke)!!
Made me smile anyway.

I've certainly seen some of the things such as the insect thing I've mentioned, I can even give you the species (common and Latin names).

Other things are just down to plain old observation of the surrounding environment.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-15-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

You know, Tiny Tim predicted this whole hoopla back in the 1960s before Al Gore stole his song:

Looks like Tiny Tim has given us all the evidence we need.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #13

That's just, hmmmm

Anyway, yeah, people have been saying it for YEARS, even at the start of the industrial revolution, people were starting to wonder what all that smoke, chemicals, fumes and other crap was going to do (except give people horrific respiratory problems, etc etc I mean).

It always make me smile when people make out that it was all just invented quite recently.

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-15-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
Operations Director

Here's an interesting picture of the north pole taken 12/14/09.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosph....bandw.001.png

Just remember in the 1970's scientists were saying global cooling. Solar cycles maybe? Hmmm....nah too simple!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post

It always make me smile when people make out that it was all just invented quite recently.
Well, I know that the idea of Global Warming, at least as a mainstream idea has been around since at least the 1950s.

Honestly, I'm not into all this governments fear mongering themselves into "greener" futures. I am more for cleaner technology, and why not, stuff that wouldn't use up resources as quickly. I also wouldn't mind giving time for some of this technology to improve and become more feasible to put out there, as well as more safe to dispose, as I would assume when some of this stuff is finally discarded, it might be worse than what was being used before. I'm sure that even without Copenhagen, this technology will advance and will become common in more households.

It always does make me smile though when people start thinking though that they are 100% responsible as a group for any changes in a natural environment (and by natural environment, I mean most any earth issue). I don't think that we as humans have have caused 100% of this, or even close to 10. Either way, I still wanna see good, clean technology get improved, and once it does, hope it becomes feasible for most people to own.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: