Fossil Awards - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #61
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Fossil Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic First Officer View Post
That's just what they WANT you to think! Science is NEVER setteled ... by definition. Every scientific theory is ALWAYS kept open to new evicence and new interpretation. That's what Science IS!!! There's an old saying in Science: "When you don't have the evicence ..... you argue the question"! And they DON"T have the evidence (the data). It's been fudged, falsified or just manufactured. And there's a LOT of money to be made (grants etc.) doing that.

Hope your Holidays are going well,
Brian
Yup, what most people don't realize is that a lot of these people that are releasing these things are not just your average everyday mad scientist working in their own private lab somewhere, but rather a University professor, like all most other professors try to get funding for more meaningful studies. One way they can do this is try to release something huge like this, so that way they can get their names out there, and after that, they could have a less harder time getting the grants. One way to do it is scare the living crap out of everyone, the TV programs has been doing it successfully for years.

Quote:
I urge EVERYBODY to watch this video, even if it is just for the fantastic photography. I first was given the web address by my Geography teacher, and now is a major part of the official syllabus.
I didn't feel like watching, but from what I see in the comments (though I should note, I could be wrong considering the amount of morons on Youtube), it seems like this is a little piece made just to scare people into crap like this, with the first comment saying along the lines of "If those scientists there are right, we're all going to be ****ed in 10 years". Your Geography teacher should be slapped for forcing people to look outside the curriculum like that if those comments are a sign of what is the message conveyed in there.

I think a much better way for people to gain more awareness of their planet (and the universe in general) is a great Science program from way back in the early 1980s. It's called Cosmos and was hosted by the late Carl Sagan. It was 13 episodes long, and since it was made all that many years ago, and a few things have changed or become more solid, it can be a bit dated here and there, even the "updates", which were shot in the early 1990s. This has mostly to do with the technology in use, and recent findings. But for the most part, at least 90% of it can still be applied today.

I have to say, if Carl was alive today, I think he would be rather saddened by what has happened, especially in how science is done in the mainstream. While he was more into the climate theory that could be more accepted today, I think him seeing people who do not agree with the current widely "accepted" being compared with the likes of Holocaust deniers and Brutal dictators would really trouble him. To follow on a quote, after he described how a psychologist described what could be called a rather ridiculous theory on the Origins of Venus, and how other scientists had tried to silence this person, and I could be off by a few words, but I believe that I have it mostly in tact, "Suppression of unorthodox ideas may be common in a religion or politics, but it has no place in science! History of our study of the universe has shown that even common ideas can be wrong."

It was a great series, and can get the mind really thinking about certain things too. Here is the first episode:
YouTube - Carl Sagan (COSMOS TV Series) EPISODE 1/13 - (PART 1 of 7)

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 12-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #62
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
I didn't feel like watching, but from what I see in the comments (though I should note, I could be wrong considering the amount of morons on Youtube), it seems like this is a little piece made just to scare people into crap like this, with the first comment saying along the lines of "If those scientists there are right, we're all going to be ****ed in 10 years". Your Geography teacher should be slapped for forcing people to look outside the curriculum like that if those comments are a sign of what is the message conveyed in there.
I know what you mean by the morons on Youtube, but the photograph in it was simply stunning. And it wasn't a little piece, it is an hour and a half! But you might be right, it could be just scaremongering.
And my Geography teacher.. he shouldn't be slapped, slap Ed Balls (School Secretary), as he and his team devise all the curriculum's in the UK. The documovie came on a DVD sent to all schools doing the sylabus, but it so happened that I found it on Youtube through somebody uploading it. Much like every Humanities Dept. in the UK has a DVD copy of the Al Gore's: The Inconvenient Truth... and that is compulsory to watch in school. But this doesn't stop the non-believers speaking out- each class has debate (civilised). An argument is formulated and debated. They are actually quite good, and even better when you hear the responses (and bitching )
Watching Carl now

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #63
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started
Thumbs down Re: Fossil Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
I urge EVERYBODY to watch this video, even if it is just for the fantastic photography. I first was given the web address by my Geography teacher, and now is a major part of the official syllabus.

YouTube - HOME (English with subtitles)
Guys, I TRIED to watch this beautiful propaganda piece. I REALLY DID! The photography was simply WONDERFUL! It was gorgeous ....startling .... inspiring, knock your eyes out stuff! But I just COULD NOT take the heavily DRAMATIC, overly EMOTIONAL dialog. It was almost religious in nature. OH! .... we MUST do something!! It's a CRISIS, don't you see?!! (Ever notice that to Liberals, EVERY problem is a crisis?)

And folks, that's just what the Global Warming Hoax IS: an appeal to EMOTION. Not to REASON. The facts just don't support it .... the DATA just ISN'T there! Want some real EVIDANCE of this? Well .... when the East Anglia Climate Research Unit's emails were leaked from the inside, exposing just how much of their data was fudged, cherry picked and just MADE UP .... the reaction of the Global Warming Community was VERY telling. It was NOT "Good God! This is terrible! We've got to take a hard look at our data. What does this mean to our Climate Models?!!" NO .... it was "Good God! This is terrible! We've got to find out WHO DID THIS!!! And we've got to DOWNPLAY it's importance." The FICTION was FAR more valuable than the FACTS. (Don't you see?!!)

Look .... NONE of their dire prediction EVER come true! When their Climate Models can be run forward and accurately PREDICT what then happens .... THEN I'll start to listen to what they have to say .... no matter HOW emotional and overblown it sounds to me.

Hope your holidays are turning out to be WONDERFUL,
Brian

Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #64
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic First Officer View Post

Look .... NONE of their dire prediction EVER come true! When their Climate Models can be run forward and accurately PREDICT what then happens .... THEN I'll start to listen to what they have to say .... no matter HOW emotional and overblown it sounds to me.
Here is the other problem with their so called "models". You see, most of these, which are computer programs calculating and making graphs, it's all based off of mathematics, but just done incorrectly, it doesn't for changes made to the equation once certain constants and variables get changed due to the evolution of technology as well as other, unpredictable natural events.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #65
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started
Wink Re: Fossil Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Here is the other problem with their so called "models". You see, most of these, which are computer programs calculating and making graphs, it's all based off of mathematics, but just done incorrectly, it doesn't for changes made to the equation once certain constants and variables get changed due to the evolution of technology as well as other, unpredictable natural events.
As we use to say at Air Force Navigation School at Mather AFB, CA: "Dose numbers don't go good .... We's lost, again!"

...B...

PS: The funniest thing an F-4 front seater ever said to me: "Damnit Brian! .... Are we still in New Mexico?!!"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: