Fossil Awards - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #46

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started
Re: Fossil Awards

Studying weather is full of overly neurotic people with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) who will beat you about the head with endless stories of how awful, dreadful and depressing everything is (move to Fcuking Spain or whatever then before I strangle the living crap out of you!!), whereas I study nature and aminals and distribution patterns, etc etc
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #47
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
I meant, where the writing came from, not where the medical supplies came from - was it a post that was then deleted before I saw it??

Sorry about the confusion. I wrote that and stuck it into the middle of your quote.

B.

ANNYWAY.
No evidence for global warming?? I thought this discussion had moved on from whether it existed or not!
That's just what they WANT you to think! Science is NEVER setteled ... by definition. Every scientific theory is ALWAYS kept open to new evicence and new interpretation. That's what Science IS!!! There's an old saying in Science: "When you don't have the evicence ..... you argue the question"! And they DON"T have the evidence (the data). It's been fudged, falsified or just manufactured. And there's a LOT of money to be made (grants etc.) doing that.

Hope your Holidays are going well,
Brian
Old 12-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #48

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Which is all very well, but what about my own personal experiences??

I didn't will or want these things to happen, in fact, some I wasn't even aware of until I came across them. It was never a case of what I want to believe and all that.

Maybe, it wasn't the Co2, it was just the marsh gas, hmmmmmm!!

Annyway, yes, Happy holidays (oh God, I just sounded like an American there!! ... I suppose I should say have a nice day too, but, oddly enough, I wont ... Bah Humbug, now P**s off ... yes, yes, THAT'S more like it!! ).

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #49
RJ Captain

UAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributorUAL DC-10 is a good contributor

Quote:
You are 7 then??
Hey Wahoo, did I look 7 when you met me?
UAL DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #50
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAL DC-10 View Post
Hey Wahoo, did I look 7 when you met me?
Well.......

Ok, no!

Anyone ever think of something a lot bigger and more powerful than humans? Like the sun? By the way, water vapor is a bigger "greenhouse gas" than CO2. Clouds trap heat moreso than CO2 does. I do not believe that CO2 has anything whatsoever to do with anything except giving life to plants.

I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long. If I were to post something of this nature I would get it closed or something.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #51
Retired USAF Pilot

Oceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting startedOceanic First Officer is getting started

Quote:
Which is all very well, but what about my own personal experiences??
Individual observations make for a very small sample. Even a record hot Summer or Winter does not a Climate Change make. Weather often goes to extremes. And sometimes stays there for a while before returning to it's shakey "Normal". We've had unusually warm decades and unusually cold decades. It's when these trends are MORE or LESS maintained for 50 or 100 years that one can claim change is taking place. And as of today, the REAL science just doesn't support this.

Ho-Ho-Ho,
Brian
Old 12-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #52
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

Warm or cold doesn't really matter to me as much as the pollution and chemicals being pumped into our environment.
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #53

Muganglee, you have hit the nail on the head. If it helps clean our world up a bit, then It can't be a bad thing really in the long run.

Oceanic, maybe you are right, but as I've said already, look at distribution patterns of the likes of Insects that are very dependent on heat, such as butterflies. If there is no problem, why is there a general shift northwards across Europe for species (or which are projected to have a shift northwards if you are to look at the likes of their foodplants, etc).
Like I say, nobody has told the animals.
There are certain species which were previously only ever seen the south of England, but now are starting to collonise bits of Scotland (not just as summer migrants or individuals blown off course either). How can this be if the weather is exactly the same??

Anyway, if the weather was exactly the same as it has ever been, why has there not been a Grand Match for over 30 years??

It has just become accepted by curlers that we will never have winters that are cold enough not only to freeze a Loch or resovier but then support several thousand people and several thousand granite curling stones, each weight about 44 pounds each!! (and all the associated wear and tear).

It just isn't going to happen!! (it was on the cards last year, but the ice was never going to freeze thick enough for it, even if the HSE hadn't gotten their hand in on it)

I tell you, if it DOES happen again, then it'll be all over the news.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-24-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #54

Anyway, I've had enough, merry Humbug everyone, now lets talk about sommat else.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #55
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Climate change is not about pollution it is about CO2 emissions. It is about changing our way of life to one from about 1875. No airplanes, no factories, no powerplants, no cars. They want to cut emissions by 95%! Nothing to do with pollution. I want clean air, water, etc. But CO2 won't make a difference whatsoever. Mars has an atmosphere 95% CO2. They are much colder than us.

I don't think curlers have anything to worry about...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8424953.stm

Lake Superior froze over completely for the first time in like 20 years! We had only two months this last year with above normal temps for the month. We had record cold this last winter, spring and summer. It was a cool summer in Chicago, normally it's hot.

This is really what it's all about...

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.

Last edited by Captain Wahoo; 12-24-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #56
Retired USAF Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post

This is really what it's all about...

Guys, if you're wondering what Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change is all about; Wahoo's posting, above, says it ALL. And MUCH better than I could. (Way to go, Wahoo!)

Have yourself a Merry,
Brian
Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #57
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic First Officer View Post
Guys, if you're wondering what Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change is all about; Wahoo's posting, above, says it ALL. And MUCH better than I could. (Way to go, Wahoo!)

Have yourself a Merry,
Brian
Anytime Brian! I thought you said it pretty good too!

Old 12-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #58
Retired USAF Pilot

Smile Re: Fossil Awards

Thank you, Good Captain.

...B...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #59
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

I urge EVERYBODY to watch this video, even if it is just for the fantastic photography. I first was given the web address by my Geography teacher, and now is a major part of the official syllabus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #60
Second Officer

Mudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributorMudanglee is a good contributor

Small World - Wow - that is an eye opening video with amazing photography! Excellent post - thanks!
Mudanglee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: