So it's Christmas time again: the tree is up - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor
So it's Christmas time again: the tree is up

So, 2010 is approaching, but many of us are celebrating something or have recently celebrated something in one way or another - for many of us it's Christmas. Since this year won't be about presents in my family, due to the financial climate, then the tree is the main Christmas-related thing in my family.

In my family, I am in charge of the Christmas tree - it must always be a real one (this is a 6ft Nordman Fir) with read and gold ornaments (no tinsel).

If it wasn't for Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert who was of German decent, Christmas trees may not have really been a big thing in the UK and the US (or so I learned). It's only right that a Lufthansa plane appears in the photo (this is a StarJets Lufthansa A321).

This is my Hornby OO gauge "Smokey Joe" running around the base of the tree on tight 1st radius track - I thought it would add a nice touch to the tree.

So, what have you all been doing for the season if you celebrate Christmas? Fake snow on your airport? Planes, trains or cars under the tree?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
First Officer

lufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributorlufthansa340 is an excellent contributor
Re: So it's Christmas time again: the tree is up

Jon,

I hope your family really enjoys the tree and the time they spend together this Christmas... after all this is what this season is really about... family and friends. My wife and I put the tree up a few weeks ago and have been scurrying around picking up presents for the little ones in our lives.

I'd like to take this moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and safe New Year. For any of my Jewish friends on here... have a Blessed Hannukah. I often forget how many friends we all have on here from all over the world... but I hope this holiday season is wonderful for you all.

I don't have any pictures of my tree... I can't find the digital camera so I'll share a song from the Christmas DVD I'm watching... it reminds me of my childhood and when my Mom used to hold me and sing it to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEYyuvrIPE
Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
Lurker

rapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributorrapleylikeba is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufthansa340 View Post
Jon,

I hope your family really enjoys the tree and the time they spend together this Christmas... after all this is what this season is really about... family and friends. My wife and I put the tree up a few weeks ago and have been scurrying around picking up presents for the little ones in our lives.

I'd like to take this moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and safe New Year. For any of my Jewish friends on here... have a Blessed Hannukah.
I often forget how many friends we all have on here from all over the world... but I hope this holiday season is wonderful for you all.
Thanks and many happy returns! As I've been getting older, I've been caring less about presents. This year in my family we're doing a "secret Santa" without the "secret" bit to avoid anyone wasting money (we can ask the person with our name for what we want with a budget under £20)

Enjoy Hanukkah, and enjoy the season!

Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Merry Christmas to everybody on the forum! I wish you all a safe and prosperous year forthcoming.
My favourite Christmas sony must be from the stunning Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You".. as seen here:

Kind Regards, and Merry Crimbo!!

Matt

For Sale | My Collection

Last edited by matt109; 12-12-2009 at 06:59 PM.
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #5

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Bah humbug!! don't be a stupid bugger and get yourself a puppy or kitten, only to send it back or abandon it when you get bored of it a few weeks later.

It's utter utter stupidity and needless cruelty like that that makes me HATE Christmas, and what's worse, PEOPLE NEVER LEARN!! :e vil:

An animal is for Life, not just for Christmas.

There was a story a few years back where some stupid **** had abandonned their elderly family dog outside the local Cat and Dog Home on one of the days leading up to Christmas, during the night, in the pitch black, on the coldest night of the year, and beside a bridge with a cold stream running below. The dog was tied to the railing of the bridge, and as it moved about, no doubt already distressed, it slipped off the bridge, choking itself with the lead, whilst it's other end hit the freezing water, causing hypothermia as the dog wasn't choked completely, it was just stuck.

Needless to say, it died a lonely, terrified, confused and cold death, only because the family wanted a new puppy.

So, no, Merry Christmas my ****!!

Now P*** off and leave me alone!!

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-12-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Britten Norman Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britten Norman Islander View Post
Bah humbug!! don't be a stupid bugger and get yourself a puppy or kitten, only to send it back or abandon it when you get bored of it a few weeks later.

It's utter utter stupidity and needless cruelty like that that makes me HATE Christmas, and what's worse, PEOPLE NEVER LEARN!! :e vil:

An animal is for Life, not just for Christmas.

Now P*** off and leave me alone!!
No pets for me - I don't think anyone in my family including myself could commit to looking after a cat or dog.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #7

Britten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting startedBritten Norman Islander is getting started

Good, glad to hear it. I wish everyone else was as cautious.

Seriously, I only think about the animals at Christmas, at Christmas. Depressing, I know, but there you go.

I have 2 dogs from the local Cat and Dog homes, so I am doing my bit.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #8

Sorry to kill the thread, like, but this is the time of year when we get to see who genuinely IS stupid.

Anyway, carry on with your seasonal cheer and your .....whatever it is you do ...your ding dong merrily on high or sommat!!

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-12-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #9

I have a small cardboard Christmas tree (featuring Chance, a dog I sponsor) from The Dogs Trust sitting as a hat on a small dog soft toy I have that is sitting on top of my computer, watching me type. There!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

This poor thread barreled out of control and ended up with some sort of bestiality undertone.

Anyway, the original intent still holds - Happy Holidays to all my friends around the world.

I know I'm going to enjoy doing what I do every Christmas - handing out a box full of uneutered kittens to all my friends and family.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Hey Jon and everyone else Merry Xmas

I just put our tree up today, Cant remember it been so big
Old 12-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
This poor thread barreled out of control and ended up with some sort of bestiality undertone.
Nah, only in Norfolk, or in your case, Kentucky or Nebraska!!
I do love my dogs, but NOT in that way, I mean, C'MON!!

Quote:
Anyway, the original intent still holds - Happy Holidays to all my friends around the world.
Yes, ok, happy humbug.... Christmas I mean!!

Quote:
I know I'm going to enjoy doing what I do every Christmas - handing out a box full of uneutered kittens to all my friends and family.
Just as long as they have a long, happy and abuse free life!!
Old 12-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

[QUOTE=Britten Norman Islander;327134]Nah, only in Norfolk, or in your case, Kentucky or Nebraska!!
I do love my dogs, but NOT in that way, I mean, C'MON!!

That's hilarious! It's nice to see that every country has a version of our Deep South.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #14

Well, either Norfolk, or Wales.

What do you call a sheep tied to a lamp post in Caenarvon??

A Leisure Centre!

Annnyway, BAHHH HUMBUG EVERYONE!!

Better get back on topic before this degenerates totally, sorry guys!!

Last edited by Britten Norman Islander; 12-13-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
Lurker

I think the biggest miracle during Christmas time for me and the rest of southern England would be snow. Hmm, anyone ever done anything to your planes to do with the festive season? Sprinkled snow on your airport (or a lifetime collection of dandruff )?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: