Santa came early!!! (1: 200 scale and 1:400 Scale) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Santa came early!!! (1: 200 scale and 1:400 Scale)

December has seen a whole bunch of models arrive at my door - in both 200 and 400 scale.

Thought I might share a few pics.

1:200 Scale

InFlight200 Qantas B747-48E VH-OEB - "Phillip Island".

InFlight 200 Qantas B707-338C VH-EAB Winton" sporting "Have a Qantastic Christmas" titles.

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: Santa came early!!!

Also picked up the pair of JC Wings (Flightline 200) TAA classics.

Flightline 200 TAA DC-9, VH-TJK "Douglas Mawson"

Flightline 200 TAA DC-3, VH-TAI "John Murray"

Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
Operations Director

The TAA DC-3 is also available in 1:400 scale but shares the same error of having the wrong marking on the port upper wing, which should be in blue paint and without the white patch. Other wise it is a very good model.

The IF200 B707 is also available in 1:400 from Aeroclasssix (vide infra) but neither has quite got the nose right. IF have left out the glare shield altogether whereas AC have made it too large.

Aeroclassix B707-338C, VH-EAB with Qantastic Christmas titles.

Phoenix 400 Virgin Blue B738 with special Gillete Mach 3 scheme.

Last edited by flyingdoc; 12-06-2009 at 05:02 AM.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:58 AM   #4
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Great pics, Gerard!
Seems it was a great year for your collection.
And now, knowing a 1:200 Qantas DC-4 is coming from Hobby Master, you'll have an even happier X-Mas :
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #5
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Great pics, Gerard!
Seems it was a great year for your collection.
And now, knowing a 1:200 Qantas DC-4 is coming from Hobby Master, you'll have an even happier X-Mas :
I was very happy to hear that the DC-4 was being made in Qantas livery and a little bird tells me that we can expect TAA and Ansett-ANA versions of the DC-4 as well so I am very happy. Would be even more delighted if they were to make a version with Australian Express colours though - for sentimental reasons!

Once again it has been a bumper year for my collection and all those new cabinets I assembled last year are looking a little crowded already! I am expecting a few more to arrive before the year is out as well!!!

And I'm not quite done posting this batch yet...

Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #6
Operations Director

Phoenix also produced a lovely pair of Ansett B737-300's, the same aircraft as it looked in the Flag livery and then in the final Starmark livery.

Phoenix400 Ansett B737-300, VH-CZL

Last edited by flyingdoc; 12-06-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Typo - thanks Furry!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Doc-you're being spoilt my friend!! I'm very impressed with the Virgin Blue and the Ansett Starmark.

Are the Ansetts 737-300's though?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #8
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Great models and photo's Doc,you've just got to love the 707 in both scales.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
Operations Director

OK - which of the mods moved this thread to 1:200 scale forum???

It was posted in Squawk Talk because the models are not confined to one scale or another. They are a mix and anybody who is interested in the newer 1:400 scale releases will probably miss out (if they are interested). Could I humbly request that it be moved back to the forum where it was posted???

Thanks for all the kind feedback fellas.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
OK - which of the mods moved this thread to 1:200 scale forum???

It was posted in Squawk Talk because the models are not confined to one scale or another. They are a mix and anybody who is interested in the newer 1:400 scale releases will probably miss out (if they are interested). Could I humbly request that it be moved back to the forum where it was posted???

Thanks for all the kind feedback fellas.
Thread moved at your request.

I got this question, I thought the Starmark tail scheme was the original scheme, then what makes the flag livery then? Was this the previous scheme, or was this a time-limited tail scheme ?

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor
Re: Santa came early!!! (1: 200 scale and 1:400 Scale)

Doc:

For my money, the TAA DC-9 and DC-3 are two of the most elegant liveries you'll ever find! Compare the classic lines of these two aircraft to that darn Virgin flying razor - there's something to be said about keeping things simple.

Now, about Santa coming early, I believe you're a doctor, perhaps you can help with that.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
Senior Captain

Chard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting startedChard is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Now, about Santa coming early, I believe you're a doctor, perhaps you can help with that.
Oh Behave!

Chard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
Operations Director

Holy hell - only one day with Emil back on the forums and I've wet myself 3 times already!! Great to have you back mate.

I agree entirely with your sentiment about the classics.

I will send Santa a PM with some advice.

Thanks Jay for moving the thread back.
This aircraft would have started with Ansett in Shooting Stars scheme with the colorful Southern Cross, then gone to the Australian flag tail that you have shown, before finishing with the Starmark logo with the stylised "A" that was in place when the airline collapsed.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
ATP Captain

Eherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributorEherran is a good contributor

Sorry to hear about your incontinence Doc, seek help at once, it could get embarassing.

And yes, call me a sucker for the classics, but boy they were a thing of beauty!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #15
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eherran View Post
Sorry to hear about your incontinence Doc, seek help at once, it could get embarassing.

And yes, call me a sucker for the classics, but boy they were a thing of beauty!
You're a sucker for the classics.

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: